Class of 2023 - RB Ike Daniels (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/22/22) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 RB Ike Daniels (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (7/22/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawaii gives him a chance to play away from home yet near family he may only see else wise a few times in his life.

Syracuse gives him a chance to play closer to home and on a bigger stage.

I don't know why I am leaning Hawaii in my head, but ultimately think he chooses Cuse.

Why do you feel that way?
in my experience on this board...albeit mostly hoops side, we shouldn't lose recruits to the likes of Hawaii, regardless if there is legit reasoning. and that gets repeated ad nauseum.

in my experience on this board...albeit mostly hoops side, we shouldn't lose recruits to the likes of Hawaii, regardless if there is legit reasoning. and that gets repeated ad nauseum.
Yeah man. I didn’t say anything about rather we should lose a recruit to Hawaii or not. So I’m not sure why you would say that.

Last edited:
I don't know why I am leaning Hawaii in my head, but ultimately think he chooses Cuse.
andy-davidson-andy.gif

Yeah man. I didn’t say anything about rather we should lose a recruit to Hawaii or not. So I’m not sure why you would say that.
We are for sure not on the same page here. I wasn't saying you have said or will say that. There is a contingency of Debbie Downers who do that...ALOT. I might need to go back and see what I wrote...

Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT - I see what I did...I left some words out and it was confusing. My bad.

Hawaii gives him a chance to play away from home yet near family he may only see else wise a few times in his life.

Syracuse gives him a chance to play closer to home and on a bigger stage.

I honestly don't understand why Hawaii doesn't land more big time recruits. Yes smaller stage but 4-5 years, all expenses paid, to live in Hawaii from 18-22? Shoot, sign me up.

Obviously every kid has different motivation but IF I were contemplating a potential career ending injury I'd rather be in Hawaii than CNY, Tuscaloosa, AL, etc

I honestly don't understand why Hawaii doesn't land more big time recruits. Yes smaller stage but 4-5 years, all expenses paid, to live in Hawaii from 18-22? Shoot, sign me up.

Obviously every kid has different motivation but IF I were contemplating a potential career ending injury I'd rather be in Hawaii than CNY, Tuscaloosa, AL, etc
FB guys are working about 60-70 hours a week, most of the school year. Not a lot of time to hit the beach

Their facilities are lacking, the stadium is condemned and the program has been in shambles to point where the kid of coach last year entered the portal. It's tough to just hit the reset button on that.
It will come down to family and wanting to be in Oahu.

You ever travel to Hawaii?

It is… not easy.

Which means - it’s not easy to travel from there either.
To half the games, back home at semester end and over the summer, etc.

I’m conditioned by the shortfalls of the hoops team in winning crootin battles that for whatever reason, this kid will choose the not-SU option.

But the reality is, if he wants the best football experience, best chance to play at the next level, his family to be able to see him play, and a diploma that impresses future employers, then he’ll choose Cuse.

Incredible -- I was concerned about the family connections to Hawaii, but this choice makes a lot of sense given proximity to home / ability for his family to attend both games at SU and convenient ACC road games.

Terrific offer list for this prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors