Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Rutgers has the worst offense in America. Who would want to be a part of that? Also over the past 3 years Rutgers has not had a better program than SU. I'm not sure what the attraction to Rutgers is.

i totally agree. i have no idea the infatuation ?

as painful as it is to say

SU can learn a thing or two from their recruiting operations

Schiano did one thing very well ... build up the Rutgers aura out of smoke and mirrors

He slandered his opponents subtlely while building up his own program

He got buy-in from the admins and local media

He got one or two kids to bite

Had some 'good years'

Now they live off it and built momentum

Regardless we all know it is BS

Unfortunately 17 yr olds do not

I was at the 70-14 game ...

I know the truth

holding out for rutgers. pending hillman's decision. IMO

Bingo. Think Rutgers wins the battle with Michigan and Ohio St for Hilliman though so Syracuse would still have a good chance with Witter.

some of you guys are a bunch of nancies. he's waiting to see what rutgers does with hilliman? then what, wait and see what rutgers does with ollison?

him pushing back a decision doesnt mean jack in terms of syracuse. it means hes going to carefully weigh his options and maybe take official visits. maybe someone from fsu got in his ear. ruttgers? please.

comittments from a lot of these kids aren't worth anything right now cause these are all kids the big boys are going to put the pressure on come january.

and phillips is a b lister.

Interesting..his twitter retweets last night were all Cuse fans..

1. ish witter@rashaanish21 9h
  2. Not in the mood for anything. Just don't take things for granted!

1. Craig Sherman@ShermCraig 12h
    @rashaanish21 Now you will have to keep on hearing "Orange you ready"? You'll make the right choice for you. #OrangeNation
    Retweeted by ish witter

If the offense does the things I believe it can under SS, then a lot of questions these players have will be answered.

some of you guys are a bunch of nancies. he's waiting to see what rutgers does with hilliman? then what, wait and see what rutgers does with ollison?

him pushing back a decision doesnt mean jack in terms of syracuse. it means hes going to carefully weigh his options and maybe take official visits. maybe someone from fsu got in his ear. ruttgers? please.

comittments from a lot of these kids aren't worth anything right now cause these are all kids the big boys are going to put the pressure on come january.

and phillips is a b lister.

Then explain moving his decision back up to August 1 at 1030am only to come back 2 hours later and say he is pushing it off. He was probably told by Rutgets to wait . Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it's not true

Then explain moving his decision back up to August 1 at 1030am only to come back 2 hours later and say he is pushing it off. He was probably told by Rutgets to wait . Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it's not true

Is it possible someone else jumped in at the 11th hour?

Is it possible someone else jumped in at the 11th hour?
What i heard was it was going to be Rutgers, which was a last minute change in itself , so maybe he did just decide to sit back and regroup

What i heard was it was going to be Rutgers, which was a last minute change in itself , so maybe he did just decide to sit back and regroup

Didn't mizzou offer right before his visits? Maybe he is trying to check out all options

What does the all important crystal ball say now?

That sounds good for us. One has to wonder if Rutgers is jerking him around a little. "Only so many RB spots, we need a decision..."?

But we have two freshman on the roster this year in Morris and McFar. and the way they talk about Morris I wouldn't be too shocked if people were turned away about trying to compete against him.

Good point. But there is the opportunity to be THE GUY for AT LEAST two years. (if one could look ahead)

People talk about depth at the RB position, but what happens if one of those two RF that we are so high on gets injured?

People talk about depth at the RB position, but what happens if one of those two RF that we are so high on gets injured?

Then we'd be down to five capable RBs instead of six.

Then we'd be down to five capable RBs instead of six.

I think maybe he was talking about it more from a standpoint of going into next year. Gulley is gone, Smith is likely gone if he has another big year and really that leaves you with Macfarlane and Morris. Broyld is not a RB and AAM is not an every down back, his injury history shows he can be a power back for us but I dont see any scenario where he becomes a starter or receives regular carries. Its critical SU bring in at least 1 top end RB, preferably two.

I can’t explain it because I’m not in his inner circle but there could be a 100 different reasons why. Of course Syracuse fans with their low self esteem think it’s a negative. Could be a negative for both schools or could be he’s going to Legoland that day, who the hell knows. I don’t automatically assume the worst though.

I think maybe he was talking about it more from a standpoint of going into next year. Gulley is gone, Smith is likely gone if he has another big year and really that leaves you with Macfarlane and Morris. Broyld is not a RB and AAM is not an every down back, his injury history shows he can be a power back for us but I dont see any scenario where he becomes a starter or receives regular carries. Its critical SU bring in at least 1 top end RB, preferably two.

Exactly what I was implying.

I think we could probably get by with AAM and one of the two RF, but we would be playing with fire.

This is all assuming Jerome Smith will be leaving after this year. I, for one, hope he does not and don't think he will unless he absolutely blows up this season.

If Smith stays through eligibility, we are fine for next year and I'd have no problems not taking a RB.

Look if Ish wants to go to Rutgers and have his college experience being 4 straight losing seasons on a gross looking campus across the bridge then so be it. Best of luck to him. Onto the next.

I can’t explain it because I’m not in his inner circle but there could be a 100 different reasons why. Of course Syracuse fans with their low self esteem think it’s a negative. Could be a negative for both schools or could be he’s going to Legoland that day, who the hell knows. I don’t automatically assume the worst though.
Worst case scenario, to cover for the potential early departure of Jerome, would be to take the Locke kid form Nassau.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom