Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Hickey hasn't done anything on the field this season to make me think he's an early departure.

I think he's a late rounder at this point unless he has a great combine showing.

If you haven't heard, Hickey is already getting buzz from NFL scouts based on his play last year and so far this year. Oh, and is a workout beast with measurables that would been close to records at the combine.

He will be a day 1 pick for sure.

"Hickey hasn't done anything on the field this season to make me think he's an early departure.

I think he's a late rounder at this point unless he has a great combine showing."

Do you actually watch Hickey? The guy lined up in front of him hasn't touched a ball carrier all year. The guy is ALL- ACC without question.

I know for a fact Hickey is listed as a late round pick by one team. Physical talent is there, but he struggles in space a bit and needs to work on his technique.

Does nobody care that we lost out on Ish? I have never seen a thread being commented on, with little to do with the actual player listed, in the midst of him committing to another school.

Does nobody care that we lost out on Ish? I have never seen a thread being commented on, with little to do with the actual player listed, in the midst of him committing to another school.

Think the staff moved on when they got Erv. Not a shocker to see him end up somewhere else.

Best of luck to the kid. Wish he had chosen orange instead of dancing with Butgers. Mizzou is better than them anyways.

"Hickey hasn't done anything on the field this season to make me think he's an early departure.

I think he's a late rounder at this point unless he has a great combine showing."

Do you actually watch Hickey? The guy lined up in front of him hasn't touched a ball carrier all year. The guy is ALL- ACC without question.
I agree, he is having a terrific year and had an excellent year last year as well. Best pass blocking OT we have ever had.

As some have noted, he will be the strongest OL in the draft this year, he has great technique, and is an excellent athlete. If he stays healthy, he will be drafted in the first 2 rounds.

It came out a few weeks ago that we'd pulled our offer to Ish. So I don't think him committing elsewhere comes as a surprise. :noidea:

I agree, he is having a terrific year and had an excellent year last year as well. Best pass blocking OT we have ever had.

As some have noted, he will be the strongest OL in the draft this year, he has great technique, and is an excellent athlete. If he stays healthy, he will be drafted in the first 2 rounds.
Great point. I can't wait to see SH go head to head against Vic Beasley. Hoping for pancakes.

The pass protection has been fine but his run blocking needs improvement. Our rb's struggle no matter what side of the line they run to. He's not manhandling anybody the way Pugh did. At the same juncture he's not nearly as good as Pugh.

I'm not rooting against the kid but you guys are getting ahead of yourselves with the leaving early talk. I think he's a late rounder right now and not anywhere near a lock to leave early. We'll see how he performs against better faster defensive ends the rest of the season.

Last edited:
It came out a few weeks ago that we'd pulled our offer to Ish. So I don't think him committing elsewhere comes as a surprise. :noidea:

Yep, we had moved on and everyone knew that, just a matter of what other school Ish committed to. We have Erv, we have McFarland, GM, hopefully Jerome. We are still looking for another back, just not the same type of back as Ish. Good luck to him, if he really really wanted SU he would have committed in August. He wanted Rutgers, that didn't work out, and he still didn't commit to SU. Totally ok with that, it is his life and his choice. I commend the staff for not sitting around and waiting for him. Pretty clear to me that he wasn't that sold on SU, especially when he didn't commit to us after RU got Hilliman

Reagrdless of when he goes, seems that he is a lock to be a draft pick. Thinking about last year's team, when is the last time we had two starting tackles who were both going to be NFL draft picks?

Reagrdless of when he goes, seems that he is a lock to be a draft pick. Thinking about last year's team, when is the last time we had two starting tackles who were both going to be NFL draft picks?

never and that's exactly what we need to be able to show recruits. that they can get to the nfl through syracuse.

never and that's exactly what we need to be able to show recruits. that they can get to the nfl through syracuse.
I chuckle now, but at times last season I was thinking what a genius Marrone was (and Hackett also), turning a bunch of nobodies into a record-setting offense. Yeah, if you discount the fact that the #1 WR, QB, and both tackles were future NFL guys, with solid talent around them. :)

I chuckle now, but at times last season I was thinking what a genius Marrone was (and Hackett also), turning a bunch of nobodies into a record-setting offense. Yeah, if you discount the fact that the #1 WR, QB, and both tackles were future NFL guys, with solid talent around them. :)
Take off the orange colored glasses...no way was there solid talent around them. Hell, not a 4-star (maybe even 3-star) player among them ;-)

And...of course we all care about it, he would have looked good at SU, now he only has to hope he doesn't have to play here. Funny thing is, I had read that Mizzou was one of the schools we were hoping to get a home and home. Wouldn't that be nice! But, it was clear that after he was snubbed by Rutgirls.....and he renigged on his anounce date where SU was just about it, that he wasn't coming here.

The pass protection has been fine but his run blocking needs improvement. Our rb's struggle no matter what side of the line they run to. He's not manhandling anybody the way Pugh did. At the same juncture he's not nearly as good as Pugh.

I'm not rooting against the kid but you guys are getting ahead of yourselves with the leaving early talk. I think he's a late rounder right now and not anywhere near a lock to leave early. We'll see how he performs against better faster defensive ends the rest of the season.

I believe he was already projected as the 10 rated OT and we all know how the NFL gobbles up OT's. That's 2nd round. The NFL guys will eat up his ability to pass block in the league. I think you may be selling him a bit short since he would transfer over a bit easier into the NFL due to his pass blocking ability (something Pugh had a tough time with last Sunday)

The mocks I have seen list him as a late second, early third rounder. I'd say that puts him at somewhere between rds 2-5.

P

Phat you're wrong about this. He's at Keats as good as Pugh was. He will go in the early rounds.

You
Take off the orange colored glasses...no way was there solid talent around them. Hell, not a 4-star (maybe even 3-star) player among them ;-)[/quot
You're just joking right?

Take off the orange colored glasses...no way was there solid talent around them. Hell, not a 4-star (maybe even 3-star) player among them ;-)
I mean you're joking about the whole star thing right?

I mean you're joking about the whole star thing right?
Absolutely.

Like most here, I'd love to start winning some of the battles for the higher rated players but I also realize that the system is seriously flawed.

Absolutely.

Like most here, I'd love to start winning some of the battles for the higher rated players but I also realize that the system is seriously flawed.

i do totally agree the system is seriously flawed. the northeast gets basically ignored in terms of coverage compared to the southeast, Texas, and California. There are plenty of extremely talented players that slip though the cracks, or get no exposure because they aren't from schools or areas that send kids to camps. The camp circuit performances have seem to overtake actual game performances. Plus it's held against kids that do not attend, no matter the reason. I posted this in another thread last night, but I think this gives a good example that there is a ton of talent in our region that gets overlooked for the most part. As far as producing NFL talent Pennsylvania and NJ are in the top 8, and as bad as NY gets disrespected we come in at a surprising 18.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...n-california-florida-louisiana-texas-south-ca

Still with that said the class rankings tend to match up pretty good with actual rankings. I would much rather have an SEC recruiting class that is typically inside the top 40. It's not just a coincidence. I just think the from 3stars and below it's a crap shoot and there really isn't much of a difference between players. For the most par the 4 and 5 star kids get projected pretty accurately. Sure there are misses, but there is a reason Bama, LSU, Ohio St, and Georgia are typically in the top 10 in both.

Great point. I can't wait to see SH go head to head against Vic Beasley. Hoping for pancakes.
Pancakes would be great but I would easily settle for plain o ld gapping holes for our guys to run through and enough for Hunt to find his receiver for big gains.We will need some onspiration big plays in this game. I'm hoping that Estime finally gets going in the open-field with the ball safely tucked away in his grasp.