Class of 2018 - RB Jarveon Howard (MS) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Jarveon Howard (MS) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please! Combination of speed with power, hurting people who try to tackle him. Picks wholes with good vision, and not brought down by first contact.

Yeah. The comp in his highlight video did not look good.

Agreed but he definitely looks like a man among boys. That second run on his senior highlight film - at the end of it he just completely obliterates that kid trying to tackle him. If RB doesn't work out for him SS just might.

Agreed but he definitely looks like a man among boys. That second run on his senior highlight film - at the end of it he just completely obliterates that kid trying to tackle him. If RB doesn't work out for him SS just might.

Yea, and in another clip he is blocking and knocks the D lineman pancake, while staying on his feet and going after a second lineman. Holy moley.

Yea, and in another clip he is blocking and knocks the D lineman pancake, while staying on his feet and going after a second lineman. Holy moley.

Kid can hit. Not sure what his speed numbers are and again have to question the competition to get a measure on it but he looks like a fast wrecking ball to me.

Kid can hit. Not sure what his speed numbers are and again have to question the competition to get a measure on it but he looks like a fast wrecking ball to me.
They have him running a 4.42 40 Not to shabby

And let's face it: it's been a long time since we've had a guy who managed fire, fire.

Good grief. Even if the competition is lacking he definitely excelled.

Did a little research on competition...I think the questions are justified.

Teams he played against this year, with Rivals listed P5 recruits next to their names:

Amite County - None in 2017, last P5 Commit 2009
Columbia - None in 2017, None listed
Richton - None in 2017, None listed
Salem - None in 2017, None listed
Lumberton - None in 2017, last P5 Commit 2006
Sacred Heart - None in 2017, None listed
North Forrest - None in 2017, None listed
Stringer - None in 2017, None listed
Mt Olive - None in 2017, None listed
Resurrection Catholic - - None in 2017, None listed

Competition questions are definitely fair. But in the end, it's about the eye test too. It's not like Mike Hart was playing against the cream of the crop in Class D.

Competition questions are definitely fair. But in the end, it's about the eye test too. It's not like Mike Hart was playing against the cream of the crop in Class D.

Agreed. It's just a data point.

I love that he seems to love contact.

Agreed. It's just a data point.
I like data.

Here's perspective:
There are 37,000 high schools, with 1.1 million high school football players. There are 1,625 p5 scholarships available. You get noticed? Your pretty good, competition be damned.

East Marion has 94% of students on free, or lunch assistance. Only 305 students, with a 75% graduation rate.

Take one look at his pic. This kid has worked his ever loving @$$ off. He's benching 370, and squatting 530. Crazy. Whatever his situation, he is doing everything in his power to achieve his goal. If he's done the work in the classroom to boot? How can you not root for him?

He does have reported offers from both In-State schools Ole Miss and Miss St as well as being offered by Butch Jones and Tennessee back in May.

I read and article about the Vols offer that was from May 3rd it said he had a Syracuse offer back then, so this doesn’t seem like some late to the party pitch we’re making.

I read somewhere he got pulled out of Bama’s camp to meet Saban and then got a tour of Bama. In other words they noticed him. Didn’t get an offer but still.

I think you can look past the competition to some degree because of his size and speed. But there’s also some things to look at when he runs, that’s his vision, his wiggle, his hips, balance, cut back ability etc. does he have these things? And he seems like he has a nasty streak.

Was a rvls 4 Star kid last year.

Personally reminds me a bit of Ray Rice and that kid at BC.

Last edited:
He does have reported offers from both In-State schools Ole Miss and Miss St as well as being offered by Butch Jones and Tennessee back in May.

I read and article about the Vols offer that was from May 3rd it said he had a Syracuse offer back then, so this doesn’t seem like some late to the party pitch we’re making.

I read somewhere he got pulled out of Bama’s camp to meet Saban and then got a tour of Bama. In other words they noticed him. Didn’t get an offer but still.

I think you can look past the competition to some degree because of his size and speed. But there’s also some things to look at when he runs, that’s his vision, his wiggle, his hips, balance, cut back ability etc. does he have these things? And he seems like he has a nasty streak.

Was a rvls 4 Star kid last year.

Personally reminds me a bit of Ray Rice and that kid at BC.
Well I did start the thread last in year in April. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom