RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St

Starting? No - Tucker would have overtaken whomever was up there eventually
With what we know now back then he was absolutely buried on the depth chart , Howard was in line to be the next man up and he was good enough to keep that job ( if he had fixed coughing up the ball).

Hard not to notice the irony of Taj Harris leaving college FB on the same weekend that Garrett Shrader lead the nation in QB PFF. Harris stormed out of here because GS was named the starting QB last year over TDV.
After screaming on TD for everyone that was watching to see, almost every week in 2019.

Guy is obviously a complete clown.

Donnie Mc 1987 was pretty spot-on.
Was just before my time. I only know 1987 from stories and the highlights of Rob Moore catching the pass against Penn St. and the 2 pt conversion against WVU.

Which was a prime example of the exact right time to give it up!
Yep. I guess I was referring to how consistently good they were. Obviously I've heard the stories and know how he was robbed of the Heisman, but I didn't get to see how consistently great he was with my own eyes.

Yep. I guess I was referring to how consistently good they were. Obviously I've heard the stories and know how he was robbed of the Heisman, but I didn't get to see how consistently great he was with my own eyes.
He was electric and that was such a fun year - my freshman year. It kind of had the same feel as this with a talented team that underperformed the year before, so no one expected anything.
I hope this year goes the exact same way.

Since we are talking about RB depth whats the gap between Allen and Price? Neck and neck and they are going with the kid to get the limited carries behind Sean or Allen is significantly ahead and better in camp?

He’d prolly be the starting rb here if he didn’t sit out that year. Kids massively talented he just couldn’t catch a break coughing up the ball but always good for atleast one huge run a game.

No, he was way overrated by this board and not in Tucker’s league.

I remember him finding the end zone a lot as a freshman on the good 2018 team.

Also, hate to be “negative” after maybe our best season opener since 1997 Wisconsin but…..I wish we had backup RBs like Howard and Adams. If Tucker goes down, I’m not sure the 18 year old is ready.

Allen looked like he needs to get a lot stronger. Wish he could take a RS this year but doubt that’ll happen being rb2.

Since we are talking about RB depth whats the gap between Allen and Price? Neck and neck and they are going with the kid to get the limited carries behind Sean or Allen is significantly ahead and better in camp?
I would assume price is significantly less effective than Allen. Reason being, if it was close, conventional wisdom would say run price out there to preserve Allen's redshirt year.

I would assume price is significantly less effective than Allen. Reason being, if it was close, conventional wisdom would say run price out there to preserve Allen's redshirt year.
Allen can play in 4 games without burning his redshirt year but I tend to agree. I was fully expecting Price to be the back-up and the guy to spell Tucker so interesting how that developed.

Last edited:

With what we know now back then he was absolutely buried on the depth chart , Howard was in line to be the next man up and he was good enough to keep that job ( if he had fixed coughing up the ball).
Nope. You answered your own question Re:fumbles. And Tucker is that good. He would have jumped up the depth chart eventually

Nope. You answered your own question Re:fumbles. And Tucker is that good. He would have jumped up the depth chart eventually
Agree but... Early on in 2020 it was clear that they were going to do whatever they could to make it work for Jahwar. Remember those dumb moronic plays with him starting behind the line of scrimmage? We haven't done anything like that for Sean. If Adams and Howard don't opt out and we're going out of our way to get Jordan touches and all three stay healthy Tucker could have been buried to the point of not getting a sniff even if none of them average over 3 yards per carry.

Gadsden and Jones weren't given a shot last year at all and could be our leading guys this season.

If Gadsden wasn’t given a shot how was he injured in a game that led to him being unavailable later in the season

Jones was hurt preseason last if I’m not mistaken.

Howard was a freak -- he was a terrific "pull" for us who could have been a starter.

I don't blame him for sitting out the COVID year, lots of players did, and the world was crazy then. But that gave true frosh Tucker a chance to start -- and he was just better. Complete back.

I feel like Howard and the kid from Oklahoma [Adams] both got "punished" to an extent by the staff for sitting out. So I don't blame him for transferring.

In the end, it worked out for both parties. Tucker is a stud, and Howard went somewhere where he can start and thrive.

Last edited:
Agree but... Early on in 2020 it was clear that they were going to do whatever they could to make it work for Jahwar. Remember those dumb moronic plays with him starting behind the line of scrimmage? We haven't done anything like that for Sean. If Adams and Howard don't opt out and we're going out of our way to get Jordan touches and all three stay healthy Tucker could have been buried to the point of not getting a sniff even if none of them average over 3 yards per carry.

Gadsden and Jones weren't given a shot last year at all and could be our leading guys this season.
Nobody got more mileage here out of one run than Jahwar Jordan. I too wonder what Tucker's career is like if Adams and Howard don't opt out.

Nobody got more mileage here out of one run than Jahwar Jordan. I too wonder what Tucker's career is like if Adams and Howard don't opt out.
Seeings as how we’re on the topic of overhyped…..:rolleyes:

Fact that there is no OR between Allen and Price suggests there is no debate, but I've wondered the same.

Fact that there is no OR between Allen and Price suggests there is no debate, but I've wondered the same.
Agree. But, this one is a bit of a head scratcher to me. Allen looked unready, physically to play ACC ball. Price on the other hand, is built like a Peterbilt truck.

Agree. But, this one is a bit of a head scratcher to me. Allen looked unready, physically to play ACC ball. Price on the other hand, is built like a Peterbilt truck.

Allen coming out #2 on the depth chart was shocking to me because Price looked really good and built like a truck as you said. From what I saw Saturday night, Allen appears to me to be really really quick, not the type of quicks I've seen in a while. Twitch quick. I think we'll see him break off some runs this year.

Probably generous listing him at 195 but I couldn't say for sure. He moved the pile a little. He appears to have an 'it' quality though.

Didn't year anything about Price in camp...I wondered if he was nursing any injuries. Bbeats me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom