RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jarveon Howard transferring to Alcorn St

It’s not hard to wish any person well in life. 18-22 year olds will make bad decisions and learn from it. Just like we did. He had reasons to opt out. I am actually surprised he came back. He didn’t have to. Some of us take this fan stuff too personal. We watch a team that he plays for.
This ^^^^ Pretty sure every one on this board has made some bad decisions when younger. No one is saying let's throw a party for him and follow and root for him weekly. Just wishem well and move on. If you think mistakes were made then again wish him well and hopefully he learns from it but Money is indicated he had reasons. Either way...moving on.

Alcon has a couple of dudes carrying the rock this year. Jarveon is a bull, but all he is guaranteed is a chance to compete. He may not walk right in and be anointed RB1 with 20 totes a game. I wish him well.

I said that to put it in persecutive.We don’t have to be angry. Especially if we don’t know all the details. Howard’s actions have no direct effect on my life.
Agreed. There are some guys that just rub me the wrong way. For the most part Howard is not one of them. I'm sorry to see him go. I'll probably check on how he's doing now and then.

Jarveon.jpg

Glad for him.

He had a weird character arc here. Absolute nobody recruit, shows up on campus looking like a mutant, makes a bunch of plays, takes a Covid year, gets buried on the depth chart, then bounces and lands at a small school closer to home.

I always liked Howard. I understood why a running back in his position wanted to sit out. I’m glad he’s doing well.

I don't disagree but the tantrum was a bad look.

Frankly, Shrader is a bit of a ball hog imo and I thought he made some bad decisions to keep a few times Saturday night.
He definatly did. He should have tossed to left side in third period and there was another one where tucker could have walked in. Instead he kept and got squished. U feed ur horse. If it’s close give the ball.

I remember squeezing for the kid and then watching him seem to fumble each time he touched the ball

He’d prolly be the starting rb here if he didn’t sit out that year. Kids massively talented he just couldn’t catch a break coughing up the ball but always good for atleast one huge run a game.
Starting? No - Tucker would have overtaken whomever was up there eventually

I don't disagree but the tantrum was a bad look.

Frankly, Shrader is a bit of a ball hog imo and I thought he made some bad decisions to keep a few times Saturday night.
Semi-related, but is it my nostalgia or was Marvin Graves really the best at both knowing when to give it up or keep it, and the most selfless in that he’d let himself get blasted and then give it up at the last second to bust a big play for the RB?

He’d prolly be the starting rb here if he didn’t sit out that year. Kids massively talented he just couldn’t catch a break coughing up the ball but always good for atleast one huge run a game.
I remember him finding the end zone a lot as a freshman on the good 2018 team.

Also, hate to be “negative” after maybe our best season opener since 1997 Wisconsin but…..I wish we had backup RBs like Howard and Adams. If Tucker goes down, I’m not sure the 18 year old is ready.

I remember Jarveon for being big and fast. And sometimes fumbling. In Dino’s book those type of guys (fumblers) don’t start

Semi-related, but is it my nostalgia or was Marvin Graves really the best at both knowing when to give it up or keep it, and the most selfless in that he’d let himself get blasted and then give it up at the last second to bust a big play for the RB?
Yeah, his timing on the give was amazing. I remember him giving it at least once after gaining about 5 yards so Walker could keep it rolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom