Class of 2018 - RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport

Thanks...I was wondering how he really measures up. The coach at Sandy Creek has done a nice job. The team was never very good while I was there but he has them in the playoffs regularly. Kudos to both...
Sandy Creek did you know Peter Morris?

Benedict of Sandy Creek places second at state wrestling tournament

Joe Benedict of Sandy Creek has been beaten by only three wrestlers a total of five times over the past two seasons in the 195-pound weight class.
Absolutely dominant coming out of Section III, Benedict won by 8-0 decision, pin (2:11) and pin :)21) in his first three matches of the NYSPHSAA Division II championships at the Times Union Center in Albany on Feb. 24.

For all of his success on the mats, Benedict is better known as a terror on the football field. As a running back for the Comets, Benedict won the Times All-North MVP after setting the New York State single-game rushing record with 584 rushing yards against Immaculate Heart Central in October.

Benedict wrestles because he enjoys it, first and foremost. But when his senior season comes back around, Benedict has all the motivation he could ever want.

“Football was my priority,” Benedict said. “After losing the state title, I’m kind of making wrestling my priority now. I really want to win that.”

bring him in, put 25-30 lbs on him and we have our FB.

We don't need a FB. waste of a roster spot and schollie. Like this kid as a LB, only after he gets a legit look at RB.

Phenomenal kid, great success. Wish him all the best in the world... not a Syracuse guy... But I think he could potentially develop at a level very close to that... Might contribute on the FCS Level at some point. It's tough to gauge, but, the fact that he wrestles (and well) is a huge bonus.

Again, wish him all the best, tremendous accomplishments.

Last edited:
Phenomenal kid, great success. Wish him all the best in the world... not a Syracuse guy...

If he went on in football, what level do you think he could compete at? He seems to be first and foremost an athlete, but he may not be looking to go on to college. I've seen no articles that mention him nor have I found him in any recruiting databases. Thoughts?

Phenomenal kid, great success. Wish him all the best in the world... not a Syracuse guy... But I think he could potentially develop at a level very close to that... Might contribute on the FCS Level at some point. It's tough to gauge, but, the fact that he wrestles (and well) is a huge bonus.

Feel like these are the types of kids who fit in for scholarships #80-85 in a perfect world. I realize we don't live in one, but you'd want those types to be two year developmental guys who could contribute on special teams through their redshirt sophomore year, see action on the field as a junior in situations then possibly push for starting time as a senior.

Can he play lacrosse? His combination of size, speed and strength would make him a great prospect.

He will end up at a UMass or RI maybe a Temple. He is that type of player. It is because of the talent he plays against that he won't get the hard look.

He will end up at a UMass or RI maybe a Temple. He is that type of player. It is because of the talent he plays against that he won't get the hard look.
Mr. Whipple has UMASS getting better fast, hope he ends up there.

He'll squeeze everything he can out the talent he has.
Mr. Whipple's team is going to kick some butt. Yuge change in family philosophy from the previous generation.
download.jpg

If he went on in football, what level do you think he could compete at? He seems to be first and foremost an athlete, but he may not be looking to go on to college. I've seen no articles that mention him nor have I found him in any recruiting databases. Thoughts?

Joseph Benedict's Football Recruiting Profile
Height:
6'1"
Weight:
Prim. Position:
RB
Sec. Position:
MLB
40 Yard Dash
Bench Press
Squat
Vertical

New Hampshire has a very strong program from what I understand. Take a lot of these kinds of kids on scholarship. Their running back from the last few seasons signed with the Colts as an UDFA. Was a tremendous high school lacrosse player on Long Island.

Joe also ran a 4.6 forty at Su camp this summer without any formal training and it was hand timed. Has the frame for a 225 rb easily while keeping his speed. Probably one of the nicest kids i know and from and exceptional family. BC is interested and talks to him or his coach. I think he has a ton of potential.

Joe also ran a 4.6 forty at Su camp this summer without any formal training and it was hand timed. Has the frame for a 225 rb easily while keeping his speed. Probably one of the nicest kids i know and from and exceptional family. BC is interested and talks to him or his coach. I think he has a ton of potential.
He's my second cousin, appreciate the compliment lol :)

Yeah he is also my god son. But that doesnt change the fact that the kid is exceptional at football and i cant wait to watch him again. Heard he also kicked ass at linebacker and was unblockable this week.

Yeah he is also my god son. But that doesnt change the fact that the kid is exceptional at football and i cant wait to watch him again. Heard he also kicked ass at linebacker and was unblockable this week.
Nice to meet ya orangtiz

New Hampshire has a very strong program from what I understand. Take a lot of these kinds of kids on scholarship. Their running back from the last few seasons signed with the Colts as an UDFA. Was a tremendous high school lacrosse player on Long Island.

I think you mean Dalton Crosson. Not sure I spelled it right. I was hoping SU was going to offer him. Nice to see he did so well.

High school football: Bishop Ludden finds big plays to win showdown with Sandy Creek (VIDEO)

Joe Benedict led Sandy Creek with 256 rushing yards on 22 carries and three touchdowns. He broke loose for a 63-yard touchdown run at the end of the third quarter to cut Bishop Ludden’s lead to 27-20, but the Comets were unable to make a comeback in the final quarter.

Benedict also ran for a 77-yard touchdown to put Sandy Creek up 6-0 in the first quarter, and scored from nine yards out late in the first half to cut Bishop Ludden’s lead to 19-12.

He also had 13 tackles (10 solo), one sack and a 90 yard punt return.