Class of 2018 - RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport

He should play both ways. I think he could be a great LB. Something about him reminds me of Brian Bosworth. I can not believe that at least UB or UMASS didn't go after him. A lot of people are going to appear short sighted I believe.
Jesus at least for a short yardedge back. Didn’t get a sniff except for BC. No Albany or Colgate.
Give it a rest.

I have to read people here going on about how there is no talent to support D1 football in New York and then a guy like Joe, a throwback Riggins or Alstott or Moose kind of a guy, and no one gives him a shot because he played at a small school in upstate NY. He set the all-time single game rushing record in NYS. He won the NYS wrestling title. I hope he uses it as inspiration.

I agree, good points. I live in Albany and see the small school bias all the time. This kid has size and skillz. Dont get it. I am the first to get on NYS fb and how weak it is but sometimes the competition doesn't matter, kid is just a baller. Part of it could be just how devalued the power back is in CFB. Its a game of speed and space. That's why i expect our frig fb to be moved to dl.

Looks like Benedict is the starter at Brockport now. Stats against St. Lawrence:
9/15/2018 17 carries 162 yards 2 TD's 49 long run

Complete steal. This kid is at least a FCS level player. Im glad we got him. Couple years ago they had Dan Andrews. I did some work wit him. He was a D1 kid too

No he came in 4 quarter. I think he will start next year. He is definatly a power back even at that level. They have a hard time tackling him. When they ran fullback in front of him he go chunk yds. When he did zone w out blocker he wasn’t as comfortable. He will get that part down no doubt.

Coached against him this year, good size kid, strong.

Brockport’s loaded with young talent.
Yeah he is working on his lateral speed running zone. A little different than when he ran I in hs. What college do u coach at.

What happened to him? Not on the 2019 Football or Wrestling roster.
Tore his Achilles speed training with Latavious Murray’s speed coach. Will be back next year. As far as wrestling he went for team and did well but they had a kid there all year working hard and even though Joe destroyed him Joe only practiced a 1/4 of the time so any coach would wrestle the full time kid. He is doing well but will call my bud for checkup k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom