Class of 2018 - RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Joe Benedict (Sandy Creek) Verbal to SUNY Brockport

I played at Brockport and was a Health and Phys, Ed. major in the mid 60's. I coached and taught for 5 years before returning to graduate school at S.U. Back in those days we lost a lot but always played a very difficult schedule. This past year SUNY Brockport made it to the final 4 of D-3 before losing to eventual National Champ. They have a lot coming back next year and the QB is a currently a sophomore that transferred from Albany. He may well be an A-A next year. As an alum of both Brockport and SU, I'd like him to go to Brockport. He could win a national championship there!

shu 49 if his grades are really good and/or would qualify for some need based aid, he should apply to SU as a normal student and see what they offer.

If its a great financial package and he's officially unrecruited by SU then he could receive max university aid and walk-on and prove his talent, without affecting scholarship player numbers.
He is 87 average kid. He wants to play a lot and I think he can there.

I played at Brockport and was a Health and Phys, Ed. major in the mid 60's. I coached and taught for 5 years before returning to graduate school at S.U. Back in those days we lost a lot but always played a very difficult schedule. This past year SUNY Brockport made it to the final 4 of D-3 before losing to eventual National Champ. They have a lot coming back next year and the QB is a currently a sophomore that transferred from Albany. He may well be an A-A next year. As an alum of both Brockport and SU, I'd like him to go to Brockport. He could win a national championship there!
I told him that. He would give them chance for an all around back where he can hit the hole and be gone or he could pass block like a mini o-lineman. He is strong as an ox now. Benching in mid 300 squatting in mid 400s. I would go to them games a lot.

I told him that. He would give them chance for an all around back where he can hit the hole and be gone or he could pass block like a mini o-lineman. He is strong as an ox now. Benching in mid 300 squatting in mid 400s. I would go to them games a lot.
I'd love to see them play, but I live in the Florida Keys now and seldom leave the Island. I did watch most of their games this year, however. You can stream them on their web site.

Yeah good point - I was pretty sure full qualifiers can do it. It might just make it that you have 4 to play 4 and can't redshirt or something like that. Might be an option for him. If you go D3, it's pretty hard to move up to BCS level without walking on anyway.
A prep school doesn't count against you in terms of eligibility.

Sounds like Moose Johnston. If he can catch after releasing from the block, bingo.

Looks like he picked Brockport. His pops told me he was sick and he lost weight but is holding 215 easily. Probably weight 220 to 222 his freshman year. Just not fair. Lol. Wrecking ball running down the field.

Div. 2: 220 pounds
Joe Benedict

Sandy Creek - senior

2017-18 record: 34-0

Sectionals: Pinned Sherburne-Earlville's Alex Thompson in 43 seconds for second straight sectional title.

Last year: Went 45-3 and won sectional title at 195 pounds. Went on to finish second at state championships.

Went 33-2 as a sophomore, finishing second to Sherburne-Earlville's Jack Buell, and losing to Buell again in the state 195-pound final.

Motto: No 'regerts'.

Div. 2: 220 pounds
Joe Benedict

Sandy Creek - senior

2017-18 record: 34-0

Sectionals: Pinned Sherburne-Earlville's Alex Thompson in 43 seconds for second straight sectional title.

Last year: Went 45-3 and won sectional title at 195 pounds. Went on to finish second at state championships.

Went 33-2 as a sophomore, finishing second to Sherburne-Earlville's Jack Buell, and losing to Buell again in the state 195-pound final.

Motto: No 'regerts'.
I wish Dino could have made him Orange.

I wish Dino could have made him Orange.
I do too. Kid is an animal. He is the perfect kid I take a chance on if I’m Dino but he is happy where he is at and they are now playing at a really high level. I hope he breaks all rushing records there. Joe will win states this weekend at 220 in wrestling. Let’s go kid.

I do too. Kid is an animal. He is the perfect kid I take a chance on if I’m Dino but he is happy where he is at and they are now playing at a really high level. I hope he breaks all rushing records there. Joe will win states this weekend at 220 in wrestling. Let’s go kid.
He's New York 100% through and through.

vDAdFjQY5sxNAdjS

Kid is a monster. Trains with Vinny in Liverpool now and benched 440 and box squated 540 with chains for a double. Weights 229 and speed is improving. Can’t for the life of me see why no div 1 or 1aa school chased this kid. Ran 4.6 at su camp. He is gonna kill people in d 3. Wth. Just don’t get it.

Kid is a monster. Trains with Vinny in Liverpool now and benched 440 and box squated 540 with chains for a double. Weights 229 and speed is improving. Can’t for the life of me see why no div 1 or 1aa school chased this kid. Ran 4.6 at su camp. He is gonna kill people in d 3. Wth. Just don’t get it.
He should play both ways. I think he could be a great LB. Something about him reminds me of Brian Bosworth. I can not believe that at least UB or UMASS didn't go after him. A lot of people are going to appear short sighted I believe.

Much more natural Rb than lb. Ub for wrestling not Football.

He should play both ways. I think he could be a great LB. Something about him reminds me of Brian Bosworth. I can not believe that at least UB or UMASS didn't go after him. A lot of people are going to appear short sighted I believe.
Jesus at least for a short yardedge back. Didn’t get a sniff except for BC. No Albany or Colgate.

Jesus at least for a short yardedge back. Didn’t get a sniff except for BC. No Albany or Colgate.
I have to read people here going on about how there is no talent to support D1 football in New York and then a guy like Joe, a throwback Riggins or Alstott or Moose kind of a guy, and no one gives him a shot because he played at a small school in upstate NY. He set the all-time single game rushing record in NYS. He won the NYS wrestling title. I hope he uses it as inspiration.

I hope he does well, but 4.6 is a little slow for a D1 RB. He appears to be a great kid though and a warrior, hope he kills it at Brockport.