Class of 2021 - RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Josh Hough ( MR PA FOOTBALL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

ACB64F19-6D0B-4A3E-BDB9-28114C47E68D.jpeg

2 point conversions

They should be giving him 2 points for them, not 1. And therefore all alone at the top.

You have another RB who has rushed for nearly 1,000 yards as well and has 18 PATs?

That's some rushing attack.

They should be giving him 2 points for them, not 1. And therefore all alone at the top.

You have another RB who has rushed for nearly 1,000 yards as well and has 18 PATs?

That's some rushing attack.
Maybe he's only scored on 9 2-pt. conversion attempts.
1604961445820.gif

I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't get it in the first half

Beat me to it!

Yeah, does he take the 2nd half off after he breaks that?
Or keep piling on the yarfs to put it totally out of reach?

Hough obviously has fantastic stats and I love having him as a commit. He is obviously better than his 5.2 Rivals rating. But keep in mind there are other RB's on that list that have very high YPC and are not even on recruiting sites. But I really like Hough and what he will bring. It will be nice to have that option of a big punishing back that other defenses are really afraid to tackle. Elmore was pretty much solely a blocking back. I'm not sure if I see Hough as being a primary RB but I could see him play more of a blocking HB role like Elmore but getting 5-10 carries a game. Definitely some goal line carries and more when we are running out the clock when ahead.

But honestly I also wouldn't be completely surprised if he ultimately ended up at MLB. Can you imagine a guy with his size and strength in the middle of our LB group? Good luck trying to move that kid with a head of steam when he is trying to plug the hole. And I don't think you can keep him blocked for too long before he sheds it and makes a tackle. I feel like that kind of stout physical presence may be what is needed as a MLB in our 3-3-5 front. I like Cantin Arku as a player but I feel like he may be a bit too tall to man the middle in this scheme. I'm guessing Hough is more in the 6'-'2" range and heavier and stronger than him already.

Hough obviously has fantastic stats and I love having him as a commit. He is obviously better than his 5.2 Rivals rating. But keep in mind there are other RB's on that list that have very high YPC and are not even on recruiting sites. But I really like Hough and what he will bring. It will be nice to have that option of a big punishing back that other defenses are really afraid to tackle. Elmore was pretty much solely a blocking back. I'm not sure if I see Hough as being a primary RB but I could see him play more of a blocking HB role like Elmore but getting 5-10 carries a game. Definitely some goal line carries and more when we are running out the clock when ahead.

But honestly I also wouldn't be completely surprised if he ultimately ended up at MLB. Can you imagine a guy with his size and strength in the middle of our LB group? Good luck trying to move that kid with a head of steam when he is trying to plug the hole. And I don't think you can keep him blocked for too long before he sheds it and makes a tackle. I feel like that kind of stout physical presence may be what is needed as a MLB in our 3-3-5 front. I like Cantin Arku as a player but I feel like he may be a bit too tall to man the middle in this scheme. I'm guessing Hough is more in the 6'-'2" range and heavier and stronger than him already.
I think you will be in the minority on this. Let's get him signed, on campus, and in the program at his preferred and recruited position - the position where he is setting school records - before we start speculating about a move to a different position. I don't see the comparison to Elmore, and playing him at H-back seems like a waste.

I'm very much looking forward to what Josh might be able to do in this offense as a RB. I think he is one of the key recruits in this class.

I think you will be in the minority on this. Let's get him signed, on campus, and in the program at his preferred and recruited position - the position where he is setting school records - before we start speculating about a move to a different position. I don't see the comparison to Elmore, and playing him at H-back seems like a waste.

I'm very much looking forward to what Josh might be able to do in this offense as a RB. I think he is one of the key recruits in this class.
I'm not really comparing him to Elmore per-se, but position-wise on offense I see him being used in that role as well as getting a fair share of carries running the ball. But I would expect us to also get a good share of carriers to a more elusive back as well to mix it up. So maybe he gets more than 5-10 carriers then. He obviously has great power and speed for his size. The only question i have is if he can be shifty enough to be the primary ball carrier. He very well may be but its hard to tell with the OL he had opening up such big holes. He has enough speed and power to hit the holes and not need to be shifty against his current competition. I also would expect him to start as a RB as well. I'm just saying I wouldn't be completely surprised if he was eventually shifted to LB either as I think its possibly he could be very good there too. I bet other schools probably recruited him for Defense as well. Maybe he'd even make more of a factor on that side of the ball. but if he is an absolute beast at RB we will probably never know. Either way I see him being a serious player for us. Love that he has such a drive to be good. That means a lot.

Firmly believe Chris Elmore will be 1 of the highest sought after upper classmen to return. Except I firmly believe it will be back in the blocking back role. Offensive lineman reinforcements are here and getting healthy. Trust me on that. Young sir Josh will be moving the pile with the ball in his hands. I think initially short guarded situations and I suspect he will be used primarily as time goes on. On all Downs as long as he can pick up blocking assignments. We thank his dad certainly very much. Much grace.

I'm not really comparing him to Elmore per-se, but position-wise on offense I see him being used in that role as well as getting a fair share of carries running the ball. But I would expect us to also get a good share of carriers to a more elusive back as well to mix it up. So maybe he gets more than 5-10 carriers then. He obviously has great power and speed for his size. The only question i have is if he can be shifty enough to be the primary ball carrier. He very well may be but its hard to tell with the OL he had opening up such big holes. He has enough speed and power to hit the holes and not need to be shifty against his current competition. I also would expect him to start as a RB as well. I'm just saying I wouldn't be completely surprised if he was eventually shifted to LB either as I think its possibly he could be very good there too. I bet other schools probably recruited him for Defense as well. Maybe he'd even make more of a factor on that side of the ball. but if he is an absolute beast at RB we will probably never know. Either way I see him being a serious player for us. Love that he has such a drive to be good. That means a lot.
Really depends on how he grows, he is like 6/2 or 6/3 and 235 now. He could grow into a much bigger player, if he does he may no longer be a runner, but in films I have seen him play at LB and DE. I think he stays at RB if he maintains current size. However it goes the young man is a heck of a player, he has it all size, speed, and power.
I wish all our recruits had his potential.

Really depends on how he grows, he is like 6/2 or 6/3 and 235 now. He could grow into a much bigger player, if he does he may no longer be a runner, but in films I have seen him play at LB and DE. I think he stays at RB if he maintains current size. However it goes the young man is a heck of a player, he has it all size, speed, and power.
I wish all our recruits had his potential.
He will end up being an All time favorite SU player. Kid is that good.