Class of 2018 - RB/LB Joe Andreessen (NY) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB/LB Joe Andreessen (NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWC75

Bored Historian
of Lancaster. Dude destroyed my Northstars last knight. 6-2 220, runs like Csonka until he hits the open field, then can out-run D-backs. Played linebacker of defense and was all over the field. I searched for recruiting info on him and found nothing about offers.

Joe Andreessen's High School Timeline

Joe Andreessen on Hudl

He could either be a dominant linebacker or the sort of up the gut runner Dino is looking for.- or both

andreessen-TD-RUN-STATEs-1200x800.jpg

As you might guess from his number, he is not normally a QB or RB. Another article indicates he has a 92 gpa, so I do not think grades will be a problem. His height (6'0) is though, at least for Syracuse.

Sounds like a great kid.

Lancaster rides Andreessen's running, passing into Class AA state final

Legends’ Andreessen named Defensive Player of the Year | www.lancasterbee.com | Lancaster / Depew Bee

If I was that kids dad, I'd be sending game tapes to all the football coaches in the Ivy League.

In case anyone was wondering, Troy demolished Lancaster 41-26
Joey Ward ran for 233 yards. No scholarship offers to date. Their coach campaigned hard to get him one after the game.

Allen: Troy High caps perfect season with stellar state championship victory

"I would grade every one of his runs a 10. He's tremendous," Ashley said. "He is the best running back to come out of Troy High, he is the best running back I have seen play at the high school level and he should be playing somewhere big-time next year."

"Joey is a video-game player. He is something you see off 'Madden.' He is a talent like no other," Casale said. "He is a guy that people in 10 years will look back and say, 'Remember that running back from Troy?' He is someone who brings back great memories with a performance like that."

Burns wonders where Ward will end up playing his college football. He has drawn interest, but does not have a firm offer yet.

"He is so good," Burns said of Ward. "If someone doesn't offer this kid a scholarship, they have got to be out of their minds. If Dino Babers (Syracuse's head coach) is sitting in the stands, watches this kid and doesn't want to offer him, I don't get it. ... Jordan Canzeri was a very good running back. I don't know if he was as good in high school as this kid. Down the stretch, (Lancaster) knew he was going to get it — what did he have, 38 carries? He is just a phenomenal football player."

Joey Ward ran for 233 yards. No scholarship offers to date. Their coach campaigned hard to get him one after the game.

Allen: Troy High caps perfect season with stellar state championship victory

"I would grade every one of his runs a 10. He's tremendous," Ashley said. "He is the best running back to come out of Troy High, he is the best running back I have seen play at the high school level and he should be playing somewhere big-time next year."

"Joey is a video-game player. He is something you see off 'Madden.' He is a talent like no other," Casale said. "He is a guy that people in 10 years will look back and say, 'Remember that running back from Troy?' He is someone who brings back great memories with a performance like that."

Burns wonders where Ward will end up playing his college football. He has drawn interest, but does not have a firm offer yet.

"He is so good," Burns said of Ward. "If someone doesn't offer this kid a scholarship, they have got to be out of their minds. If Dino Babers (Syracuse's head coach) is sitting in the stands, watches this kid and doesn't want to offer him, I don't get it. ... Jordan Canzeri was a very good running back. I don't know if he was as good in high school as this kid. Down the stretch, (Lancaster) knew he was going to get it — what did he have, 38 carries? He is just a phenomenal football player."

So the kid’s (Ward) coach went right past Albany, Stony Brook, Colgate, Buffalo and the like to wonder why Babers hasn’t offered him?

Nice.

So the kid’s (Ward) coach went right past Albany, Stony Brook, Colgate, Buffalo and the like to wonder why Babers hasn’t offered him?

Nice.

lol thought the same. Guess you remembered the recruiting N.Y. state article like I did.

Id imagine he’s prolly got the d1aa offers.

I’ve seen him play. We’ll be ok not offering.

Last edited:
I’m sick of local coaches treating Syracuse like a MAC school. We play in the toughest division in all of college football, in one of the two hardest conferences.

I don’t recall HS coaches from the state of South Carolina talking about Clemson or USC like this. It’s unreal.

We don't need this? High School Football Player Refuses To Be Tackled

If Dino gets somebody better than Andreessen and Ward fine. But they look pretty good.
I watched a minute and a half of Ward's HULD tape.

You know why he has to break out of so many tackles? Because he doesn't explode through the hole, doesn't have great acceleration, and doesn't have that extra gear of breakaway speed. He looks like a fun player, but he's not the level of athlete Syracuse requires to be competitive in the ACC.

I watched a minute and a half of Ward's HULD tape.

You know why he has to break out of so many tackles? Because he doesn't explode through the hole, doesn't have great acceleration, and doesn't have that extra gear of breakaway speed. He looks like a fun player, but he's not the level of athlete Syracuse requires to be competitive in the ACC.

Watch the senior highlight tape. It's divided into sections that display various skills. the last section is full of explosive runs.

We don't need this? High School Football Player Refuses To Be Tackled

If Dino gets somebody better than Andreessen and Ward fine. But they look pretty good.

Lancaster kids need a lesson in tackling.

I don’t think Dixon or Jordan would’ve had any problems refusing to be tackled playing AA ball in NY either. They would’ve put up ungodly numbers here.

Not sure on Jordan’s league but Dixon is playing against other D1 kids in Florida 4a. Troy doesn’t see a D1 kid all season long not 1. Who knows if either will contribute here but I’m not losing any sleep not offering this kid and neither is Addazio or Edsall.

Last edited:
Kid reminds me of another local player who was a rb/fb type a few years ago where a family I believe was hyping him up. He was another big kid who was really just bigger than most other players and dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.