Class of 2018 - RB/LB Joe Andreessen (NY) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB/LB Joe Andreessen (NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of Ward's speed. But at 4.8, Andreeeson would get beat to the corner by every RB in the ACC. I think we've seen enough of that.

He doesn't run to the corner. He runs over you. Also, if you look at the clip of him in action against CNS, you'll see him beating Eric Pride to the corner as a linebacker. That was pretty impressive.

For every Jason Bromley or Chandler Jones we’ve had 10 of David Legree, Steve Renee, Jeremiah Kobena, John Kinder, Torian Phillips, Dan Sheeran, Derek Hryinas, etc...

We can no longer offer kids just because maybe...we have to get better athletes period.

So we are no longer recruiting the late bloomer, under the radar types?

Jim Boeheim on his show just said of recruiting "There are so many good players. We see so many guys who are close to being Syracuse type recruits that aren't being recruited by anybody because there are so many good players. "

Sure we are.

Just not guys who lack P5 athletic ability.

I'd take Andreessen over Chris Elmore, who waddles to the line and Ward over Dontae Strickland, who has no moves.

I'd take Andreessen over Chris Elmore, who waddles to the line and Ward over Dontae Strickland, who has no moves.

I'll take Dino's evaluation of recruits over anyone else's on this board. We all love the under the radar kids that go on to do great things, which was fine to grab a bunch of these in the big east. Under the radar/late bloomers have to be PWO in the ACC, we don't have room for misses as we've seen by our lack of depth the last two years.

Go watch that vid and the kid who attempts to tackle him on the second spin move. It’s pretty funny.

Nobody was laughing at Lancaster until they faced Ward.

I'll take Dino's evaluation of recruits over anyone else's on this board. We all love the under the radar kids that go on to do great things, which was fine to grab a bunch of these in the big east. Under the radar/late bloomers have to be PWO in the ACC, we don't have room for misses as we've seen by our lack of depth the last two years.

I think our lack of depth has more to do with the constant coaching changes.

I think our lack of depth has more to do with the constant coaching changes.

It does to some point, but we have a lot of kids that wouldn't be on the two deep at most ACC schools that are forced to be on ours since we've missed so much in our 2013 and 2014 classes.

I have a feeling this Far Side somehow applies to me in this thread.

upload_2017-11-30_20-55-5.png

So we are no longer recruiting the late bloomer, under the radar types?

I fuggin hope not. Those days are gone. Late bloomers get you last place finishes in the ACC and a set of steak knives.

We are playing football in perhaps, see the most difficult conference in all of college. We should not have a lot of room for late bloomer types.

I hope this kid has a nice career at Clarkson.

Jim Boeheim on his show just said of recruiting "There are so many good players. We see so many guys who are close to being Syracuse type recruits that aren't being recruited by anybody because there are so many good players. "

Funny, because almost all his recruits are top 100.

This is not going well.

Basketball recruiting and football recruiting are wildly different. One overlooked guy can change a program in basketball (CJ McCollum at Lehigh, Dame Lillard at Weber State) but filling a football roster is a lot harder. Your "under the radar" options are becoming fewer and farther between especially playing in the ACC. We can't waste a single scholarship against Clemson and Florida State. If these kids were anything special they'd be committed to Buffalo or Albany or Stony Brook or Maine by now.

In that case, it's probably best to leave the recruiting analysis to your sock puppet, Hooper.

Funny, because almost all his recruits are top 100.

Sidbie and Brissett weren't at least not initially. This board almost had a melt down over it.

In that case, it's probably best to leave the recruiting analysis to your sock puppet, Hooper.

Or to the coaches. I'll just take the criticism of my bringing these guys up as an assurance that the guys Dino and his staff have or will recruit are better than these guys, which can be nothing but good news.

Or to the coaches. I'll just take the criticism of my bringing these guys up as an assurance that the guys Dino and his staff have or will recruit are better than these guys, which can be nothing but good news.
The stats of both committed running backs we have now are far better than these guys, and they play in far tougher football states against other D1 athletes, so yeah, think Dino is on top of it.

Nobody was laughing at Lancaster until they faced Ward.

The clip is funny it looks like a scene from the Waterboy (and not in a good way). Troy barely escaped New Rochelle and Newburgh. Really should've lost the New Rochelle game. My takeaway is that Lancaster isn't that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.