Class of 2018 - RB/LB Joe Andreessen (NY) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB/LB Joe Andreessen (NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, would you ever hear a Florida HS coach say that? “I know he doesn’t have an offer to play at Jax St or Florida A&M, but I can’t believe FSU hasn’t offered him?”

It’s really sad.

Lancaster kids need a lesson in tackling.

I don’t think Dixon or Jordan would’ve had any problems refusing to be tackled playing AA ball in NY either. They would’ve put up ungodly numbers here.

Not sure on Jordan’s league but Dixon is playing against other D1 kids in Florida 4a. Troy doesn’t see a D1 kid all season long not 1. Who knows if either will contribute here but I’m not losing any sleep not offering this kid and neither is Addazio or Edsall.

So top recruits can't come from New York? What was your opinion of Mike Hart when he was being recruited?

I have no problem with the idea that there are many more D1 players in Florida and other places than here but it doesn't mean that D1 players can't come from here.

So top recruits can't come from New York? What was your opinion of Mike Hart when he was being recruited?

I have no problem with the idea that there are many more D1 players in Florida and other places than here but it doesn't mean that D1 players can't come from here.
Top recruits absolutely can come from New York. But your film has to be MUCH better than this kid's to get a D1 offer.

Although this is the type of kid that Shafer would've offered and he wouldn't have played for 4 years.

You're missing the point.

IF a NY guy isn't getting ANY offers from all of the lower level NYS programs, WHY would he get one from the only NY P5?
Albany, Buffalo, Wagner, et al haven't seen anything worthy of an offer, but Syracuse should offer him? :rolleyes:

We've got 2 of the very best NY guys coming right now. Trill & Qadir. :cool:
Who are both most definitely D1 level talents.

I was concerned about the level of competition Hart played against, same as I was with Brian Leonard (we offered both by the way so what’s your point) but I also had no doubt Ray Rice would be a top flight prospect.

There’s nothing high major D1 I see about this kid or the Lancaster kid.

You're missing the point.

IF a NY guy isn't getting ANY offers from all of the lower level NYS programs, WHY would he get one from the only NY P5?
Albany, Buffalo, Wagner, et al haven't seen anything worthy of an offer, but Syracuse should offer him? :rolleyes:

We've got 2 of the very best NY guys coming right now. Trill & Qadir. :cool:
Who are both most definitely D1 level talents.

We'll i'll accept that if I think more highly of them than Dino does, it's not likely because I'm seeing something that Dino isn't: it's the other way around. Again if we get somebody good that can get our running game going, I won't even be thinking about Andreessen or Ward. But if we don't I'll wonder how they- and Jordan Fredericks - are doing, wherever they are.

What was that story about Doug Marrone and Melvin Gordon? Or Jim Boeheim and Jimmer Fredette?

We'll i'll accept that if I think more highly of them than Dino does, it's not likely because I'm seeing something that Dino isn't: it's the other way around. Again if we get somebody good that can get our running game going, I won't even be thinking about Andreessen or Ward. But if we don't I'll wonder how they- and Jordan Fredericks - are doing, wherever they are.

What was that story about Doug Marrone and Melvin Gordon? Or Jim Boeheim and Jimmer Fredette?
Remember all of the hand wringing over Tyler Rouse and Jordan Canzeri going elsewhere? For that matter, remember Tyler Rouse or Jordan Canzeri?

Why Syracuse didn't recruit Jimmer Fredette; or, de-mythifying the Jimmer

Lancaster kids need a lesson in tackling.

I don’t think Dixon or Jordan would’ve had any problems refusing to be tackled playing AA ball in NY either. They would’ve put up ungodly numbers here.

Not sure on Jordan’s league but Dixon is playing against other D1 kids in Florida 4a. Troy doesn’t see a D1 kid all season long not 1. Who knows if either will contribute here but I’m not losing any sleep not offering this kid and neither is Addazio or Edsall.

They had one of the best defenses in the State. They'd just shut out Aquinas and held CNS to to 50% of its lowest point total. They know how to tackle. Then they gave up 41 points to Troy because of Ward.

I was concerned about the level of competition Hart played against, same as I was with Brian Leonard (we offered both by the way so what’s your point) but I also had no doubt Ray Rice would be a top flight prospect.

There’s nothing high major D1 I see about this kid or the Lancaster kid.
But with Rice and Leonard, they were a level above the kids they played against. These kids look like they're at the level of the kids they're playing against. And that's the difference here.

I'd have no problem with these kids walking on and earning a scholarship. But guaranteeing them a four year scholarship? An ACC school just can't do that.

Would you rather have had Jimmer or Mookie Jones?

We had Jonny and Scoop. We weren't getting a 3rd PG.

and PS - Mookie was a higher-ranked recruit than Jimmer.

And a worse player.

thank-you-captain-obvious.jpg

Melvin Gordon wasn't a NYS recruit, but it's beyond a moot point. There is nothing that anyone can say that would convince me he wasn't going to Wisconsin the second they offered him. He flipped from Iowa upon that offer materializing but we're supposed to believe that he wouldn't have flipped from Syracuse?

For every Jason Bromley or Chandler Jones we’ve had 10 of David Legree, Steve Renee, Jeremiah Kobena, John Kinder, Torian Phillips, Dan Sheeran, Derek Hryinas, etc...

We can no longer offer kids just because maybe...we have to get better athletes period.

They had one of the best defenses in the State. They'd just shut out Aquinas and held CNS to to 50% of its lowest point total. They know how to tackle. Then they gave up 41 points to Troy because of Ward.

Go watch that vid and the kid who attempts to tackle him on the second spin move. It’s pretty funny.

That's not a very good article. Sh
For every Jason Bromley or Chandler Jones we’ve had 10 of David Legree, Steve Renee, Jeremiah Kobena, John Kinder, Torian Phillips, Dan Sheeran, Derek Hryinas, etc...

We can no longer offer kids just because maybe...we have to get better athletes period.

I don't think you can really just cherry pick like that. What about Naaman Roosevelt, Tyvon Branch, Latavius Murray, the Gronks (except Rob), Latavius Murray, David Fluellen, James Starks, Ali Marpet, Rob Calabrese, Steven Means ...? There are plenty of NY kids we didnt offer who ended up being good college players that could have added depth to the team.

That's not a very good article. Sh

I don't think you can really just cherry pick like that. What about Naaman Roosevelt, Tyvon Branch, Latavius Murray, the Gronks (except Rob), Latavius Murray, David Fluellen, James Starks, Ali Marpet, Rob Calabrese, Steven Means ...? There are plenty of NY kids we didnt offer who ended up being good college players that could have added depth to the team.
But what about Latavius Murray?!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.