Class of 2015 - RB Mikell Lands-Davis (GA) Verballed to GT | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Mikell Lands-Davis (GA) Verballed to GT

FREE article from 11/2013

Lands-Davis running wild

By Chad Simmons

Posted Nov 8, 2013

The day Mikell Lands-Davis stepped foot on the Alexander campus, head coach Matthew Combs knew he had something special. After a good sophomore season, Lands-Davis exploded as a junior...

After playing his freshman season at Mt. Vernon Presbyterian School, Mikell Lands-Davis transferred to Alexander High School.
It did not take the Alexander head coach long to figure out he had a player to be excited about.
"We knew right away that Mikell was a good one," said Matthew Combs. "He arrived on June 1 for workouts before his sophomore season and we knew right away that he was going to help us."
After those summer workouts, Lands-Davis rushed for 977 yards as a sophomore. He added 730 return yards and 250 receiving yards.
He will likely double that rushing amount this season.
After nine games, the 6-foot, 205 pound junior has 1,623 yards and 20 touchdowns. He has been pulled out of games at the half and in the third quarter at times this season too due to the scores.
He feels good about his season so far.
"I think I have gotten better and I have ran hard this season," said Lands-Davis. "I hit the hole hard, I run with good vision, and I am a bruising back. I feel I can run through tackles and truck defensive backs when they get in the way."
Productive is what Lands-Davis is. He moves the chains, adds up yards in a hurry, and he tries to mirror a couple of the best in college football.
http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./Media/Image/123/1239424.jpg
"I really like Todd Gurley from Georgia and T.J. Yeldon at Alabama. I try to watch those guys, run like them, and learn from them. I think they run hard and that's what I want to do."
Schools have started to take notice of just how the big back runs and what he is doing this fall.
He has visits lined up to SEC schools starting next weekend.
"I am going to Auburn on the 16th, then Georgia on the 23rd, and Mississippi State on the 28th," said Lands-Davis. "I am going to get on the road, see the different schools, and I am excited about it."
No offers yet, but it is only a matter of time.
Western Kentucky called first, then schools like Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi State, and Missouri have all called in recent weeks. Schools want to see Lands-Davis in person and you can bet Coach Combs will see plenty of coaches in December and January.
"Things have picked up since September 1 for me. I have started to hear from more schools, I am getting more interest, and that is great. I am working hard and I hope the offers will come."
USC was the school Lands-Davis dreamed of playing for as a kid because he is from California. He is open to all schools now and is excited about the interest starting to be shown his way.
Earlier this season, Lands-Davis ran for 312 yards and scored four touchdowns against Lagrange. He had 209 yards and three touchdowns against Sandy Creek. That is production against two very good football teams.
Lands-Davis is the No. 42 junior running back in the country on Scowt.

BmArCBrIYAABhJj.jpg:large