Class of 2018 - RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt

Let's not get too excited. We have a good chance here but I wouldn't say it's better than any other school in his finalist list.

USC is probably out but I'd say 33/33/33 for SU, Pitt, and UNC. We have two RBs committed, UNC has two, Pitt has 0.
Do you think he considers the number of RBs we have committed? Isn't he rated higher than either of them? Does Pitt already have anyone on the roster that would block him from playing time more than the guys we have?

Feels like we’ll be the bridesmaid again.

Can’t even think of a scenario when Syracuse was the pick for a player of this caliber. Usually we need eligibility/character issues to get a player like this.

I think we should just focus on locking up Jordan and Dixon.

It is going to be Pitt. They have zero RBs committed and it’s close to home which is a big factor for him. Plus they have a proven track record in recent history of winning these types of recruiting battles.

Last edited:

Can’t even think of a scenario when Syracuse was the pick for a player of this caliber. Usually we need eligibility/character issues to get a player like this.

It is going to be Pitt. They have zero RBs committed and it’s close to home which is a big factor for him. Plus they have a proven track record in recent history of winning these types of recruiting battles.

Not so fast my friend...

Do you think he considers the number of RBs we have committed? Isn't he rated higher than either of them? Does Pitt already have anyone on the roster that would block him from playing time more than the guys we have?

I’m sure the coaches have let him know the reasons they haven’t signed yet.

Wait, we are talking about Pitt, right?

I’m sure the coaches have let him know the reasons they haven’t signed yet.
That wasn't any of my questions.

bnoro tends to have a lot of recruiting insite. I was asking his opinion of Salahuddin's mindset.

I don't think recruiting one means we aren't focused on the others.

That wasn't any of my questions.

bnoro tends to have a lot of recruiting insite. I was asking his opinion of Salahuddin's mindset.

Fair enough.

My point was simply that his mindset would be influenced by his conversations with the staff. I’m sure the number on our roster and the two that haven’t signed have been discussed. The kid has more info than we do.

bnoro is the guy in the know, for sure

I Very disagree with you on this.
It won't be easy, especially with Pitt getting last visit, but we offer the kid a chance to start week 1 and be the featured back in a highly explosive offense that runs on turf in the Atlantic Division. There is nothing not to like about what we offer him.
Dino and his boys can recruit. I certainly wouldn't bet against them.

I think it's always something any recruit has to consider, but it's more of a thing that a staff can use to recruit against peer schools. If all things are even, that could always push a recruit in one direction. Not saying that's the case here, but should still be considered.

History says the odds of landing him are against us, however SU is the school he added late to his official visit list. He must have seen something recently that he didn't see before. Regardless, one could say SU is the one trending upwards right now (from zero shot to a shot).

I'd like to know if the kid was watching Dino's showing during the CFB playoffs on ESPN? I think DB showed the best combination of TV communication presence and charisma amongst the coaches on the panel. Media presence can make a big difference sometimes.

Last edited:
History says the odds of landing him are against us, however SU is the school he added late to his official visit list. He must have seen something recently that he didn't see before. Regardless, one could say SU is the one trending upwards right now (from zero shot to a shot).

I've like to know if the kid was watching Dino's showing during the CFB playoffs on ESPN? I think DB showed the best combination of TV communication presence and charisma amongst the coaches on the panel. Media presence can make a big difference sometimes.
I remember Dino saying something along the lines of, "If we had a back like one of these guys (Oklahoma or UGA), then goodnight to everyone else." Maybe that got his attention.

I've like to know if the kid was watching Dino's showing during the CFB playoffs on ESPN? I think DB showed the best combination of TV communication presence and charisma amongst the coaches on the panel. Media presence can make a big difference sometimes.

I kind of disagree with the "history says" bit. History says that Dino and his staff *can* land high 3*-4* offensive talent. And we did back with P and Mac. So really we're talking about 3 coaching staffs - none of them known to recruit all that well.

Saved the best for last

I hope this kid signs with us but reading some of these posts... based on the logic thrown out there, every kid in America should be signing with us.

I’m getting a feeling. ;)
All I can say to that is:

bKnEnd65zqxfq.gif

It could have used a song with more bombs though.
There are times I put these videos on mute, but I have a tendency to listen to symphonic music. It's all in the ear of the listener.;)

God our attendance in the stands for that video is abysmal haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom