Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nice to be on the other side of all the butt hurt (sorry if this offends anyone), might be the first time in my "career" as a SU FB fan to be on the other side of this. In the context of it all; big boy recruit, lots of big boy players, recruit has us truly in the running, has an announcement and SU is the winner.

This morning I woke up early and just sat and read all the crush of media that took place yesterday. First thing I noticed was how clueless the media and fans are to what actually happened yesterday. Second was when I ventured in and read the comments. From them genius at UM that said coach Harbaugh stopped recruiting him cause he isn't a very good back.( luckily one astute Michigan fan pointed out HCSS wiping the floor with harbaugh for pickard and now washington) then came the florida guys who said the kid wasn't good enough for them( apparently fl feels they are better than every other college including the champs cause they all seemed to want him) but the thing that I enjoyed the most was them putti down syracuse. I enjoyed hearing how he could go their school cause he wouldn't be able to be a star there. Well first I will say perfect cause he will be a star here. Second keep discounting the Cuse cause he is recruiting minutes after he commited and talking with all the people your staff have on the top line of their boards. I believe if washington spends some time and talks with these top of board players he can convince them of what he has been saying. He keeps referencing the 80s U. He keeps saying the 80's U stunk 3 and 9 teams then 3 or 4 friends got together and went to play and created a dynasty that lives on in college football history. Robert wants to do this. He doesn't just want to play here. He wants to make history here. He wants to be the guy years from now that him and his friends are being interviewed for their 30 for 30 telling the stories of how they went from 3 and 9 to a championship. We been sayingn it since day one. Now Washington isn't going to make the difference between 3 and 9 and undefeated but him and the kids here already and 5 or 6 friends then the excitment bringing in more top players can be the path to greatness. All you naysayers who put this down who put down hcss and staff. I got a request... Sit back enjoy your negativity queitly on the couch cause me and my son are ready for this team to blow up. We are ready for a great team to be building up. We are ready for Syracuse to be the program other schools say they are going to be tough to beat on the field and in recruiting.

Great post, John. Funny thing is... they're already quiet. A couple had the class to admit they were wrong while others, and we know who you are, sit quietly waiting for the next reason to spew their BS.

If you asking the most recent, both on paper and performance, I'd have to say Rob Konrad. He was a Parade All-American at both Fullback and Linebacker, 5 star, if they even had it back then, and on everybody's AA team. Every big time school offered him, and he was the last to wear #44. McNabb and Johnson were in the same recruiting class but were not as highly rated.

Konrad was great. I thought he was going to be the next Mike Alstott. Rob had a solid pro career but was a notch below Alstott, who had a few years when he transcended the fullback position and became one of the best all-purpose backs in the NFL.

Rob was great,though, and represented 44 very well. He had some huge games in Orange, in particular I think he had a huge game in the Big House, if memory serves.

Great post, John. Funny thing is... they're already quiet. A couple had the class to admit they were wrong while others, and we know who you are, sit quietly waiting for the next reason to spew their BS.

Hope you're separating the people who were outwardly negative from the people who merely stated the obvious history of these types of situations. Big difference that some people seem to have a real hard time grasping.

Konrad was great. I thought he was going to be the next Mike Alstott. Rob had a solid pro career but was a notch below Alstott, who had a few years when he transcended the fullback position and became one of the best all-purpose backs in the NFL.

Rob was great,though, and represented 44 very well. He had some huge games in Orange, in particular I think he had a huge game in the Big House, if memory serves.
I would have loved to see RK used more as a single back or even a tailback in both college and pro. Lead blockers are a dime a dozen...RK had soooo much more to offer.

Kickoff Classic against Wisconsin where he completely outplayed Ron Dayne.

View attachment 41366
Good news bad news. Yes Diggs is Orange, unfortunately he graduated in '93 and I think his eligibility clock ran out :confused:

I graduated with Diggs. I recall, even in the fog of college parties, being at a ton of huge house parties watching Taye Diggs as lead singer of his band, Zoo Trip. They were damn good too...sort of a Red Hot Chili Peppers vibe. He's a talented dude.

RW commit 2.jpg
Free photo...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...photo-gallery-washington-picks-syracuse?s=185

Kickoff Classic against Wisconsin where he completely outplayed Ron Dayne.
In fairness to Dayne - who I always thought was overrated - wasn't he really banged up in that game?

I graduated with Diggs. I recall, even in the fog of college parties, being at a ton of huge house parties watching Taye Diggs as lead singer of his band, Zoo Trip. They were damn good too...sort of a Red Hot Chili Peppers vibe. He's a talented dude.
And of course I am proud to say he is from Rochester. City school boy at that. School of the Arts.

This morning I woke up early and just sat and read all the crush of media that took place yesterday. First thing I noticed was how clueless the media and fans are to what actually happened yesterday. Second was when I ventured in and read the comments. From them genius at UM that said coach Harbaugh stopped recruiting him cause he isn't a very good back.( luckily one astute Michigan fan pointed out HCSS wiping the floor with harbaugh for pickard and now washington) then came the florida guys who said the kid wasn't good enough for them( apparently fl feels they are better than every other college including the champs cause they all seemed to want him) but the thing that I enjoyed the most was them putti down syracuse. I enjoyed hearing how he could go their school cause he wouldn't be able to be a star there. Well first I will say perfect cause he will be a star here. Second keep discounting the Cuse cause he is recruiting minutes after he commited and talking with all the people your staff have on the top line of their boards. I believe if washington spends some time and talks with these top of board players he can convince them of what he has been saying. He keeps referencing the 80s U. He keeps saying the 80's U stunk 3 and 9 teams then 3 or 4 friends got together and went to play and created a dynasty that lives on in college football history. Robert wants to do this. He doesn't just want to play here. He wants to make history here. He wants to be the guy years from now that him and his friends are being interviewed for their 30 for 30 telling the stories of how they went from 3 and 9 to a championship. We been sayingn it since day one. Now Washington isn't going to make the difference between 3 and 9 and undefeated but him and the kids here already and 5 or 6 friends then the excitment bringing in more top players can be the path to greatness. All you naysayers who put this down who put down hcss and staff. I got a request... Sit back enjoy your negativity queitly on the couch cause me and my son are ready for this team to blow up. We are ready for a great team to be building up. We are ready for Syracuse to be the program other schools say they are going to be tough to beat on the field and in recruiting.

First thing I read this morning. Damn, that was awesome.

He said it now I can believe it. Great get great job by the staff (and fans), and players. He'll wear 44, I have no doubt.

That DT in Carolina would be a great start. I also hope he's hitting up the lineman like Fries etc.

Man I hope this season goes well. If it does this might shape up to be the best recruiting class in 20 years.

How great of a kid is RW? He felt really bad for the BR guys for not telling them he changed his commitment. The same BR aholes who thought it was so important to try and steal his thunder by posting that video 10 minutes before he announced. I wouldn't be that gracious and I am 47. Love this kid.

In fairness to Dayne - who I always thought was overrated - wasn't he really banged up in that game?
13 carries for 46 yards. Yes, he was really banged up, because out defense laid a first half smackdown on him and hurt him enough to force him to sit the second half. 34-0

So much to be excited for. RW the player will do great things on the field, RW the person will represent well off the field, and RW the recruiter will bring other great players with him.

The fun part is, with this commit, the stars are starting to align for something special. All of us who follow recruiting know the types of players we've landed on defense the past 2 recruiting cycles. Those young men on defense will be juniors and seniors when RW is a sophomore along with the other offensive players that come in this class. Add to that the massive oline we're putting together, the 3 extremely talented rb's coming in this summer, and Steve Ishmael as the upper classman at wr when these young guys are seeing extended run... yeah this may well be turning the corner to having a complete team vs recent years where we've been decidely better on one side of the ball vs the otber.

Ok couple things first... One of my favorite things about this commit is nobody is going to be saying scrap the staff for a while... At least until the first 3 and out any way. Second those who were not on board with restore44 and now are. But one thing I want to point out to everyone. The story out there is he asked br to post it 10 min before. Rw and dad took pictures together at the commitment. Dad posted how him and Bailey are all good. His mom and dad were at the ceremony together. I'm not going to draw a map here but I think you all can figure out what really happened the last couple weeks

So much to be excited for. RW the player will do great things on the field, RW the person will represent well off the field, and RW the recruiter will bring other great players with him.

The fun part is, with this commit, the stars are starting to align for something special. All of us who follow recruiting know the types of players we've landed on defense the past 2 recruiting cycles. Those young men on defense will be juniors and seniors when RW is a sophomore along with the other offensive players that come in this class. Add to that the massive oline we're putting together, the 3 extremely talented rb's coming in this summer, and Steve Ishmael as the upper classman at wr when these young guys are seeing extended run... yeah this may well be turning the corner to having a complete team vs recent years where we've been decidely better on one side of the ball vs the otber.

Great post. This kid could be the Tim Green of 2016-19. The one that helped us break through to legitimacy again

He said it now I can believe it. Great get great job by the staff (and fans), and players. He'll wear 44, I have no doubt.

That DT in Carolina would be a great start. I also hope he's hitting up the lineman like Fries etc.

Man I hope this season goes well. If it does this might shape up to be the best recruiting class in 20 years.
Coach Smith just earned his paycheck. He hasn't been a "noticeable" recruiter so far, but man what a way to make a statement.

With the way we closed last year and now this, you can sense the momentum. Pieces starting to fall into place. The kids themselves are recruiting the players they want to play with these days, and the level of recruit we've been getting has been trending upward. This could be the big step that we needed to plant our flag.

Now would be a great time to gather the NJ posse, get Pickard and the others to chime in, and see if we can get a bunch of the NJ prospects on board. That would also free up Acosta to spend some time down in FL if that is the plan.

Very excited. Press the advantage!

Y
How great of a kid is RW? He felt really bad for the BR guys for not telling them he changed his commitment. The same BR aholes who thought it was so important to try and steal his thunder by posting that video 10 minutes before he announced. I wouldn't be that gracious and I am 47. Love this kid.
I am wondering if bleacher report knew he changed his mind and they did it on purpose feeling like they were played for fools.
Why else would they release a scoop 10/15 minutes early. I am sure he told them to release at 3 and I would be positive RW wouldn't forget that this video was still out there

YI am wondering if bleacher report knew he changed his mind and they did it on purpose feeling like they were played for fools.
Why else would they release a scoop 10/15 minutes early. I am sure he told them to release at 3 and I would be positive RW wouldn't forget that this video was still out there
Does any one read my posts? Hello is this thing on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom