Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...how is a consensus top 10 RB not a 5 star? It doesn't even make sense. I know that he didn't get overly involved in all the camps the last year or two, but statistically, where is the line from 5* to 4*? Is it top 5 at a position? top 7? You watch RW's tape and the dudes a 5* talent. Who cares about what level he played against, 9 YPC is 9 YPC I don't care if you're doing that against d1 or d3 athletes it's still insanely impressive.

You have less skillful players being able to tackle, I think Roberts talents are legit but if he was going against the best schools in his state maybe his 9 YPC get lowered to 7YPC, on the same hand if he had better players on his team against those better schools his YPC could go from 9 to 10 or 11. Who knows but its understandable that players in weaker conferences get looked down upon by services, A big fish in a small pond looks a lot bigger then it is.

*Disclaimer: I know very little about recruiting*

It seems the number of 5* football players is incredibly low. Maybe even lower, % wise, than bball? Hard to compare of course given football has so many more players. How many 5* football players are there usually each year?
Yep. Basically, from what I understand, only the top 25-30 players nationally are rated as 5 star prospects. The next hundred or so are 4 stars, and then after that it's down to 3 and 2 stars.

It'd be pretty sweet for his Senior season to really "blow up" even more, giving SU its first 5* recruit in a long time.

Likely won't happen unless he decides to hit the recruiting combines. He's committed so no reason to spend the time/money to chase a rating.

And honestly, I wouldn't do the combines at this point either, if I were Robert. What more does he have to prove? He's already gotten offers from more than 40 schools, and made his decision. Who does he really need to impress at this point?

McNabb was announced as starter day of opening game against NC.
This is true, but anyone around the program knew he was the starter long before that. I heard it through his entire redshirt season. Rogers LOVED what he could do.

And honestly, I wouldn't do the combines at this point either, if I were Robert. What more does he have to prove? He's already gotten offers from more than 40 schools, and made his decision. Who does he really need to impress at this point?

Well, 40 minus "non-committable offers" from TCU, Florida, Alabama, OSU...

The other fan bases are being so salty, with this non-committable stuff. Saban told him he reminded him of Marshawn Lynch, I'm sure all that flattery was for a back-up guy that they didn't really want to commit.
And Harbaugh said he was his #1 RB on the board, but obviously, no way on earth he actually wanted him to actually commit.

ESPN only gave 16 kids the 5 star treatment for 2016. Their top 300 is made up of 16 five star kids and 284 four star kids. So, five it very tough, at least on their site.

That's insane.

What are the current schools that have the 16 five star? I'm sure many aren't committed but just curious..

They are fans they know who has offers probably a little less than we do

What are the current schools that have the 16 five star? I'm sure many aren't committed but just curious..
Texas A&M, Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Penn State are the only ones with 5-star commits. FSU has two of them.

EDIT: Holy crap, FSU already has four of the top 26 players on the ESPN 300.

Texas A&M, Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Penn State are the only ones with 5-star commits. FSU has two of them.

EDIT: Holy crap, FSU already has four of the top 26 players on the ESPN 300.

FSU is the closest thing to Kentucky basketball when it comes to football recruiting. They are monsters.

Thanks for the info, gents! How many five star guys were there for '15?

His dad doesn't like the combines. He probably won't attend anymore. The stars will probably not change. He did attend rivals camp this past month and did well but they are pumping other kids from the area.

Bam, I really like that you are so involved with recruiting and making sure that Shy has future teammates that are going to bring us back to 9 and 10 win seasons and maybe more in the near future. You have played a major role in connecting with other parents. It is easy for us as fans but when it comes from a recruits parents to another recruits parents it makes it more meaningful because you have been through the process. Thanks!!

Last edited:
His dad doesn't like the combines. He probably won't attend anymore. The stars will probably not change. He did attend rivals camp this past month and did well but they are pumping other kids from the area.
You hit it on the head, nailed it. Pumping up kids a real HYPE FACTORY. These rating sites and combines are as objective as Idol XFactor Voice....after the top 50 to 60 kids easily identifiable as being physically mature and above the rest, looks like other kids are rated based on who offers and how many subscriptions we have from offering schools. The staffs are somewhat better but still biased...used to be about ten years ago they were populated by zit faced smelly fat gut beer swilling football wannabe, cellar dwelling syracuse.com type rejects who were "rating" these kids based primarily on fiancial and popularity considerations.
I know that Street and Smith back in the nineties fell into this mode of thinking and that sight unseen High honorable mention was given based on offers received to quite a few kids. Since cleaned up i might add but SandS has become irrelevant.

Bam, I really like that you are so involved with recruiting and making sure that Shy has future teammates that are going to bring us back to 9 and 10 win seasons and maybe more in the near future. You have played a major role in connecting with other parents. It is easy for us as fans but when it comes from a recruits parents to another recruits parents it makes it more meaningful because you have through the process. Thanks!!

Which player on SU's team is related to Mr. Bambrewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom