Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freshman? What position?

1. Incoming freshman
2. OLB
3. Cried when Shafer extended him an offer.
4. Lives and breaths weight room, school, football. Not necessarily in that order.
5. Has a refrigerator in dining room.
6. Has a hit list of players from other teams he wants to personally "meet" on the field.
7. Believes he will be part of and instrumental in a great turnaround of SU football.
8. Outplayed competition in the camps he took part in, including some well-known ones.

You will learn to love this kid.

Nothing to add here really. I just want to see R-Dubbs thread hit 100 pages...he deserves this honor.

Nothing to add here really. I just want to see R-Dubbs thread hit 100 pages...he deserves this honor.
Well, considering we're on page 99 and it's only April...I don't think hitting 100 will be an issue.

how do you get to 6900 posts and not know who Shy and Bam are???

Rather easily. Up to this point, knowing this has had zero impact on my life.

And as I've admitted multiple times, I do not follow recruiting.

Last edited:
Great idea for an article. I wish someone had thought of this angle earlier! ;)
Don't worry they are good at ripping off Francis stuff on the b-ball recruiting side too, then take credit for it.

Rather easily. Up to this point, know this has had zero impact on my life.

And as I've admitted multiple times, I do not follow recruiting.

If you are interested in knowing more about the incoming class of 2015 go to the top of the site page. There you will find a drop down box marked pages. If you click on that you will find a link to Syracuse commits. You can then click on the class of 2015 and it will show you the entire class. Each commit has their own page.

RF2044 said:
It takes a special kind of negativity to express that perspective five minutes after we landed the biggest recruit since the 90s. Chillax.

And I don't buy it. Though we'll probably never know, I highly doubt he was going to commit Florida when the staff there said he hadn't talked to RW in days and considered their chances as slim. Staff even expressed shock when the initial announcement came out.

IMO, he did it on purpose to either heighten his announcement or to tweak bleacher report.

Why didn't he contact BR and tell them not to run it after he changed his mind???

If you asking the most recent, both on paper and performance, I'd have to say Rob Konrad. He was a Parade All-American at both Fullback and Linebacker, 5 star, if they even had it back then, and on everybody's AA team. Every big time school offered him, and he was the last to wear #44. McNabb and Johnson were in the same recruiting class but were not as highly rated.
Sorry to nitpick, but they weren't in the same recruiting class. They all graduated together, but McNabb and KJ redshirted while Konrad played as a true freshman. Of course none of that changes the point you were making. Konrad was the most highly regarded of the three coming out of high school. It was a pity he didn't get more time at HB with Nick Sudano blocking for him.

And I don't buy it. Though we'll probably never know, I highly doubt he was going to commit Florida when the staff there said he hadn't talked to RW in days and considered their chances as slim. Staff even expressed shock when the initial announcement came out.

IMO, he did it on purpose to either heighten his announcement or to tweak bleacher report.

Why didn't he contact BR and tell them not to run it after he changed his mind???
I agree. Kudos to Robert for fooling everyone and ensuring his special moment wasn't going to be spoiled by leaks.

Kudos to the staff for landing him, especially Eric White and Coach Lea. It is my understanding Eroc established initial contact and determined early on that Syracuse had a real chance of getting Robert.

And it is my understanding Coach Lea was the first point of face to face contact. Coach Lea is the perfect coach to recruit someone from a religious family. That is just the way he rolls...

I work with a bunch of UT/UGA/UF fans and this committment did not go unnoticed. I didn't have to say anything, they all asked me about it when I walked in the door this morning.

And what was the UF fan's take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors