Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
jekelish said:
Mike Hart would have averaged 25 YPC in my high school's league in Vermont.

Hart did play against weak competition. I just disagree with the concept that CNY is some of the worst football in the country.

Hart did play against weak competition. I just disagree with the concept that CNY is some of the worst football in the country.
I know - my point was that it was far from the worst. I'm saying if he played against MY high school and the teams we played...people would realize what truly bad high school football looks like.

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Neal and Thompson both play H and are both tied to a heavily desired target.

Broyld will be gone next season and Estime will be a Sr. If Lester wants to build this offense he'll need multiple H's.
I know. I'd love to get both Neal and Thompson. But I'm just saying, if we get Neal, I'd be very surprised if we get Thompson, too.

Assuming Strick makes it, I'm cool with that. RW and Strick will rock it out. And I'm sure we'll take several in the next class.

I really like Strickland but I'm not even 100% sure he's our best RB from last years class. Fredericks and Perkins certainly look the part as well. Add RW to that group a year ahead of him and it is an extremely talented group of RBs we'll have for the next few years.

Hope not! I believe Thompson is being recruited as a H Back but I could be wrong.

He is as far as I know. He's also one of my favorite prospects and I'm hoping like heck we can get him.

Personally, I think it's all relative. If RW or even Mike Hart played in Texas 6A, they would still be successful. Why? Because they would have much better coaching, much better talent blocking for them, and much better QB's leading them. The fact that RW is a one-man wrecking crew on his tape just shows how much head and shoulders above he is against the competition.

Nobody played weaker competition than Mike Hart. Upstate NY has some of the worst high school football in the country, and amongst the worst in the country, he played against the lowest level of competition. Notice is said wosrt high school football...not athletes. We have athletes. We just don't produce at a high level due to a lack of emphasis on football in high school. Kids up here play what? About 9 games a year unless you make sectionals? Kids elsewhere are playing all year long...

Wait a minute, we played against Onondaga High school, we sucked? But we are class "D" in NY state. C'mon, we had kids who were 5'8" and 150 lbs on our offensive line, they were monsters. ;)

Exaggeration. Worst in the country is pretty darn broad. CNY puts out more good players than people think.

Agree that CNY puts out good players, but Class D football in CNY & NYS is pretty bad. The quality players don't come from that level.

I played at that level, and against the eventual state champions in back-to-back years. Best player in the state ended up at Buffalo as QB and hardly played for them during some rough years.

Exaggeration. Worst in the country is pretty darn broad. CNY puts out more good players than people think.
amongst the worst...Per capita it is a fact. Last I checked NY has the 4th highest population in the country. Yet between 2008-2013 NY ranked 6th last in D1 players beating out such states as Vermont, Maine, Alaska, North Dakota, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. Ny averages 23 players per year, most of which come from Downstate Long Island/NYC. So yes...it is in fact...amongst the worst.
http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida
Cold weather places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan produce 3-4 times the player with a much much lower population. They emphasize football in these states, and couldn't imagine playing 9 games a year.

cuse309 said:
amongst the worst...Per capita it is a fact. Last I checked NY has the 4th highest population in the country. Yet between 2008-2013 NY ranked 6th last in D1 players beating out such states as Vermont, Maine, Alaska, North Dakota, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island. Ny averages 23 players per year, most of which come from Downstate Long Island/NYC. So yes...it is in fact...amongst the worst. http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9/11/4718442/college-football-state-texas-california-florida Cold weather places like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan produce 3-4 times the player with a much much lower population. They emphasize football in these states, and couldn't imagine playing 9 games a year.

CNY isn't a state. You moved the bar.

We're still pretty horrible per capita, even factoring in Downstate...but going off just gross numbers we're mediocre. So we have that going for us.

yes, and in thi case moving the bar actually makes my point more valid. if the majority of the 20-25 come from downstate, then how many are coming out of cny per year...3-5? Actually, I looked up this year. On scout there are 2 players from CNY with a D1 offer. Brotzki, and Wheatley...the younger Wheatley from FM. That is out of a population of 1,177,073 people in CNY. CNY defined as the counties of Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, Tompkins, and Otsego counties.

Last edited:
is anyone else reluctant to delete the new commit email from skout? it makes me too happy to remove.

is anyone else reluctant to delete the new commit email from skout? it makes me too happy to remove.

I have not even opened it ... I am leaving it there as if it was never read so I can relive the joy of seeing the unread email knowing its contents everyday :)

orangepassion said:
Besides his play on the field, Washington seems to have that Carmelo "IT" charisma

I think the same thing. Regardless of talent, certain players have the IT factor. He has it. Very few do. Melo, McNabb, GMac, etc.

cuse309 said:
yes, and in thi case moving the bar actually makes my point more valid. if the majority of the 20-25 come from downstate, then how many are coming out of cny per year...3-5? Actually, I looked up this year. On scout there are 2 players from CNY with a D1 offer. Brotzki, and Wheatley...the younger Wheatley from FM. That is out of a population of 1,177,073 people in CNY. CNY defined as the counties of Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, Tompkins, and Otsego counties.

Any there are many CNY's in the country that are worse. Many. We could make a list of players from CNY that had good college careers.

I know - my point was that it was far from the worst. I'm saying if he played against MY high school and the teams we played...people would realize what truly bad high school football looks like.

He played against my high school and that was about as bad as high school football could get anywhere. The stat line in one game was 8 carries for 200+ yards and 7 touchdowns IN THE FIRST HALF. He only had one carry that didn't go for a TD. Insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom