Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 141 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some of those recruit/ranking/4star discussions.

per rvls

Lavar Lobdell
4 Stars
Position ranking #18; State #3
Visits : Florida, Miami, NC State
Offers; multiple

Averin Collier
4 Stars
Position Ranking #24 – State #1
Visits – BC, Pitt
Offers: Clemson, Georgia Tech, MD, Rutgers, UVA others

Marcus Sales
4 Stars
Positing Ranking #42 – State #2
Visits – UNC, Pitt
Offers – LVille, Miami, UVA others

Ron Washington
4 Stars
Position Ranking #15; State #12
Visits - none yet
Offers; Multiple
Of course we could all point out 4 star players that have gone on to do great things. You were on record as saying you didn't think we were going to get him. You were wrong. Now it seems that you are poo pooing the fact that we did. No matter how it plays out, and I think barring injury he will do great things for the Orange, this is a great get. He has given the program buzz we haven't had in over a decade. And to top it off, he is recruiting other highly ranked kids to come and join him. Phat, you are a syracuse fan. This is something to be happy about it.

Of course we could all point out 4 star players that have gone on to do great things. You were on record as saying you didn't think we were going to get him. You were wrong. Now it seems that you are poo pooing the fact that we did. No matter how it plays out, and I think barring injury he will do great things for the Orange, this is a great get. He has given the program buzz we haven't had in over a decade. And to top it off, he is recruiting other highly ranked kids to come and join him. Phat, you are a syracuse fan. This is something to be happy about it.

the fact that they were busts had nothing to do with my post.

No matter how it plays out, and I think barring injury he will do great things for the Orange, this is a great get. He has given the program buzz we haven't had in over a decade. And to top it off, he is recruiting other highly ranked kids to come and join him.

I hope more people embrace this same sentiment. No matter what happens during his career, there is literally no downside to picking up our top target, and a kid who could potentially help us change the direction of the program. This is the most important commitment in decades, potentially.

One other good thing about RW reaching out to get others to come to SU with him, it is a good sign that he is pretty solid to the Cuse. I know he says his word is gold, and I believe him, but his actions are speaking very loud as well. Once these other recruits commit as a result of RW it will make each recruits commitment that much stronger and will continue to roll down hill and gain more momentum. I can't wait to see the team we put on the field for the next 2 -4 years.

Anyone look at his tapes and think of Maurice Jones-Drew?

Edit: Eh maybe not, didn't realize MJD was 5'7...thought he was like 5'9 or 5'10

CaliLuv808 said:
Like I have always said I think we have a very strong chance in getting this kid. In doing my research he has always said that he wanted to play with his cousin Aapri. Side Note: Aapri is going to big a huge addition as well in his own right without Robert. Evidence by him winning the Rivals Top250 as only a 2017 kid and holding 2 D1 offers that Robert doesn't have. But out of all the schools he named we are the only one's that have offered both players. My question to Mr. UNC Blue is why haven't you all offered Aapri yet? He's in your backyard right? Why is it that he holds 4 ACC offers not named Carolina and ya'll are so confident that ya'll will get the cousin. It doesn't take rocket science to see the hole that ya'll are digging for ya'll selves there. Again people forget about our RB tradition but it's time to bring it back in 2016 with RDUBB. Go Orange!!!

Love this one too.

I hope more people embrace this same sentiment. No matter what happens during his career, there is literally no downside to picking up our top target, and a kid who could potentially help us change the direction of the program. This is the most important commitment in decades, potentially.
It's worth emphasizing that he was our top target in a different way than has been the case for a while. This wasn't "who do you think we can realistically get"? It was, "If you had your pick of anyone, who would it be?" I suspect he was the top guy on a lot of other boards as well, and not just ECU's.

I know who Cali is, but re-reading some of his posts, was he actually a Syracuse fan prior to us recruiting RW? He says a lot of "us" and "we" when talking about Syracuse and RW and that was months ago before anything was finalized, unless it was finalized then! 0o0o0oooo0oo things that make you go hmmmmmmm...

I think are next necessary "get" is Moe Neal.

Another friend of Dwayne Haskin's and seems to be RW's bro.

We get Neal, I think our "6%" goes to 8%.

Moe, Brown and Coleman are very realistic gets that are top notch 3 star recruits, could draw in more 4 stars with there's and RW's ties.

I know who Cali is, but re-reading some of his posts, was he actually a Syracuse fan prior to us recruiting RW? He says a lot of "us" and "we" when talking about Syracuse and RW and that was months ago before anything was finalized, unless it was finalized then! 0o0o0oooo0oo things that make you go hmmmmmmm...

I took it more as trying to fit in with the board so he would not give away who he was, but he knows.

bnoro going HAM on Schurburtt. Typical big-school recruiting spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom