Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 155 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that a reason why Washington's slipped is because he's not doing the combine thing anymore. If I were him, I wouldn't. It's not worth the risk of injury just to impress a bunch of fat old guys who call themselves experts in order to maintain some stupid rating.

do they charge money to attend or are these combines free?

Regarding the combines, I just keep going back to this: the last camp that Robert did was the Rovals camp in Charlotte, in March, where they rated him as one of the three best RBs there. He literally has not done anything since that should have raised or lowered his profile.

Yet here we are.

Adly Enoicy was a 4 star at rovals for a year and then downgraded to 2 stars either just prior to his Syracuse commit or just after.
He ended up being our top recruit on ESPN as a 4 star, that is why Rivals is a joke, at least ESPN gives an evaluation of the recruit.

I don't think we need to start overthinking phrases. Robert is committed to SU, and is focused on graduating early and enrolling as soon as he can.

The only things that would cause him to flip at this point are if there's a change in the coaching staff, or POSSIBLY if the staff brings in another RB, since he was promised he'd be the only RB in this class.

And Tep - as I'm sure you know, they already dropped DeGeorge from 3 stars to 2 stars.

And Tep - as I'm sure you know, they already dropped DeGeorge from 3 stars to 2 stars.
I look forward to Rex Culpepper committing and immediately being downgraded.

I look forward to Rex Culpepper committing and immediately being downgraded.

Tep needs to keep good track of this (particularly the numeric ratings because that's how they assign points) that way after signing day we can see where we'd rank if none of our players were downgraded.

I believe at this point DeGeorge went from 3 star 5.5 to 2 star 5.4 and Washington went from 4 star 5.8 or 5.9 to 5.6. That's a HUGE points drop because its not even the upper level 3 star. Upper level 3 star is 5.7 so they really shafted him (and our overall points rating which determines rankings.)

Tep needs to keep good track of this (particularly the numeric ratings because that's how they assign points) that way after signing day we can see where we'd rank if none of our players were downgraded.

I believe at this point DeGeorge went from 3 star 5.5 to 2 star 5.4 and Washington went from 4 star 5.8 or 5.9 to 5.6. That's a HUGE points drop because its not even the upper level 3 star. Upper level 3 star is 5.7 so they really shafted him (and our overall points rating which determines rankings.)

Good idea. I hate that it matters at all. But writers will write stories and perception will be negative.

I hope RW44 destroys things at TheOpening and then on into 2016.

I would surmise that many recruits (committed or not) will be heavily influenced by our on-field play this season which makes the 2015 campaign so big coming off of last year. If we struggle mightily then RW won't be the only recruit to worry about in the class of 2016. That's reasonable as I am sure any of our commits or prospects on the offensive side of the ball are being consistently reminded of our recent struggles. I wouldn't think that RW would be immune to that issue as it is his future that is at play.

I hope we can produce on the field this season and everything else will fall into place.

On the NLI and early enrollees I have attempted to figure out important dates in the cycle and thought I would share what I have found through my research. Its my stab at the situation as it affects RW as an intended early enrollee. There seemingly isn't any simple answers out there, then again, when dealing with the NCAA I'm not surprised.

A possible early enrollee can sign an institutional financial aid agreement on or after August 1st of his senior year. This is not binding on the player to enroll in January of the following year but yields significant advantages to the member institution if the player signs the same. First, the school can publicize the signing at that time. Second, many of the normal NCAA restrictions regarding contact (i.e. telephone calls, texts, face-to-face meetings) are removed if an proposed early enrollee signs the financial aid agreement. It is suggested by some that this provides a leg up on securing that commitment as the school can have more significant contact with that particular recruit that other schools trying to poach would not be afforded.

As far as an actual NLI date for early enrollees, the date for signing the binding contract between the institution and the player is either November 12 or December 17. I am unclear as to this date as the NCAA may or may not treat early enrollees the same as mid-year JUCO transfers. I am unsure as to this point. Obviously, any early enrollee must get through the NCAA academic clearinghouse requirements prior to enrollment and participation.

So, based upon my understanding, it would be highly encouraging if RW signed the institutional financial aid agreement in August before the season started. Yet, until the NLI is signed there is no binding legal effect on RW, or anyone else for that matter, to attend the school to which they are verbally committed.

If anyone has better knowledge of the NCAA guidelines/regulations regarding early enrollees please chime in with corrective/additional information.

Even Rivalz is usually a little more discreet about knocking kids down. I wonder if Robert's fake BR announcement has anything to do with it? Woody was one of the first people to report that (ahead of Robert, so he got what he deserved). Wonder if there is some personal feelings mixed in? Either that or they figured all of the subscribers have left the past year, maybe nobody would notice?

Even . . . . . . is usually a little more discreet about knocking kids down. I wonder if Robert's fake BR announcement has anything to do with it? Woody was one of the first people to report that (ahead of Robert, so he got what he deserved). Wonder if there is some personal feelings mixed in? Either that or they figured all of the subscribers have left the past year, maybe nobody would notice?
Woody, as in Woody Womack?

Even . . . . . . is usually a little more discreet about knocking kids down. I wonder if Robert's fake BR announcement has anything to do with it? Woody was one of the first people to report that (ahead of Robert, so he got what he deserved). Wonder if there is some personal feelings mixed in? Either that or they figured all of the subscribers have left the past year, maybe nobody would notice?

Just in the positional rankings alone, not even talking about stupid stars, they've got him behind kids he has no business in the world being ranked behind. Rivals has become so political it's ridiculous.

And so it begins. Robert was just downgraded from a 4 star to a 3 star by Rivals. Not surprising.

Totally Insane that this happens all the time ... but in this case, Thanks Rivals! A kid with this kind of talent, now with a chip on his shoulder. I CAN NOT WAIT until he starts ABSOLUTELY DESTROYING DEFENDERS! He'll show them where to put their ratings.

Pretty fired up about this one, New team secondary logo idea ... This with DESTROY in capital orange letters underneath, I think this would be a sufficient volume of the color Orange for our needs... Right?

14214The-thrilling-skull-with-fire-hair-wallpaper.jpg

I'm pretty much at the point of ignoring Rivals all together at this point. There was a time when they had the best content for Syracuse recruiting, but Skout has surpassed them and thensome in the past 3-4 years. There's little if any coverage from a Syracuse site perspective there that's worth subscribing for. Then you have the lack of attention given to Syracuse recruits that aren't national recruits, and the lack of respect given to Syracuse recruits that are.

Just in the past 4 or 5 recruits we've had commit, I've seen Jake Pickard go from a 2 star recruit while he was committed to Wisconsin, to a 3 star overnight because Jim Harbaugh started recruiting him at Michigan, Cam DeGeorge start out as a 3 star recruit and then get downgraded to 2 stars a month later for no reason whatsoever that I could find, and now the latest with Robert Washington which just boggles my mind.

A kid shouldn't be penalized because he decides not to go to a factory, and this just reeks of that.

Woody, as in Woody Womack?

Yep. Pretty sure he is responsible for Robert's territory.

I'm pretty much at the point of ignoring Rivals all together at this point. There was a time when they had the best content for Syracuse recruiting, but Skout has surpassed them and thensome in the past 3-4 years. There's little if any coverage from a Syracuse site perspective there that's worth subscribing for. Then you have the lack of attention given to Syracuse recruits that aren't national recruits, and the lack of respect given to Syracuse recruits that are.

Just in the past 4 or 5 recruits we've had commit, I've seen Jake Pickard go from a 2 star recruit while he was committed to Wisconsin, to a 3 star overnight because Jim Harbaugh started recruiting him at Michigan, Cam DeGeorge start out as a 3 star recruit and then get downgraded to 2 stars a month later for no reason whatsoever that I could find, and now the latest with Robert Washington which just boggles my mind.

A kid shouldn't be penalized because he decides not to go to a factory, and this just reeks of that.

I cancelled my subscription there about 6 months ago. Their national coverage is superior, but man the Syracuse stuff is terrible. It sucks that Murray actually has ownership of the Syracuse site. He and only 1 other guy (I believe UVA?) are the only ones who actually have a stake in the site, so Rvlz management have even less incentive to get involved.

On the other hand Mike has done a great job with skowt. They always have most up to date, accurate information. He's been able to build good relationships with Syracuse staff members (PS guys should take note), and we have benefited from it. I wish their national coverage was better, and their site design sucks, but it is definitely the new go to site for Syracuse information at least.

EDIT: I forgot the actual point of my post...If Murray cared enough, he should inquire about the Washington's change in ranking, and ask for a re-evaluation. The guys who run the sites can do that. I know last year at Skowt a lot of people were up in arms over a couple of recruits (can't remember exactly. I know Clausman was 1, and there were 1 or 2 more) 2 star ratings. Mike asked for a re-evaluation, and when they went back everyone was upgraded to 3 star. This alone might tell you a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors