Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much at the point of ignoring Rivals all together at this point. There was a time when they had the best content for Syracuse recruiting, but Skout has surpassed them and thensome in the past 3-4 years. There's little if any coverage from a Syracuse site perspective there that's worth subscribing for. Then you have the lack of attention given to Syracuse recruits that aren't national recruits, and the lack of respect given to Syracuse recruits that are.

Just in the past 4 or 5 recruits we've had commit, I've seen Jake Pickard go from a 2 star recruit while he was committed to Wisconsin, to a 3 star overnight because Jim Harbaugh started recruiting him at Michigan, Cam DeGeorge start out as a 3 star recruit and then get downgraded to 2 stars a month later for no reason whatsoever that I could find, and now the latest with Robert Washington which just boggles my mind.

A kid shouldn't be penalized because he decides not to go to a factory, and this just reeks of that.
It also reeks of $$$.

Rivals doesn't have a particularly large Syracuse subscriber base.
2 4 7 doesn't have a dedicated Syracuse site at all.

So neither of those two sites makes much - if any - money off of Syracuse football. Gee, which are the two sites who routinely downgrade Syracuse recruits?

Yep. Pretty sure he is responsible for Robert's territory.

I cancelled my subscription there about 6 months ago. Their national coverage is superior, but man the Syracuse stuff is terrible. It sucks that Murray actually has ownership of the Syracuse site. He and only 1 other guy (I believe UVA?) are the only ones who actually have a stake in the site, so Rvlz management have even less incentive to get involved.

On the other hand Mike has done a great job with skowt. They always have most up to date, accurate information. He's been able to build good relationships with Syracuse staff members (PS guys should take note), and we have benefited from it. I wish their national coverage was better, and their site design sucks, but it is definitely the new go to site for Syracuse information at least.

Personally, I find Woody to be insufferable. Pretty sure he'd say the same of me.

John Garcia is a fair reporter. Think he's with Sc0ut.

By the way - you know who called this star downgrade before Robert ever committed? His dad. He told me "You watch, as soon as Robert commits to SU some of the sites will bump him down."

He's very aware there's a bias against Syracuse, and it bugs him, too.

It also reeks of $$$.

Rivals doesn't have a particularly large Syracuse subscriber base.
2 4 7 doesn't have a dedicated Syracuse site at all.

So neither of those two sites makes much - if any - money off of Syracuse football. Gee, which are the two sites who routinely downgrade Syracuse recruits?

It's even worse at Rivlz cause Murray is the publisher at the Cuse site over there. It's only him and 1 other school site that basically owns their page.

By the way - you know who called this star downgrade before Robert ever committed? His dad. He told me "You watch, as soon as Robert commits to SU some of the sites will bump him down."

That is awesome, time to change the game. Those sites will look foolish very soon. Especially when the players know who is good, maybe they will start to realize what a sham all of those sites are and stop talking to some of them.

Ya, I think everyone called that one. The bad part is a lot of the kids know that too, and the kids love their stars.

That is awesome, time to change the game. Those sites will look foolish very soon. Especially when the players know who is good, maybe they will start to realize what a sham all of those sites are and stop talking to some of them.
What would really get their attention is no one showing up for their combines. Lots of "content" is generated from that. Another thing that would freak the Rivals schmucks out would be recruits not giving interviews with their staff writers, etc.

What would really get their attention is no one showing up for their combines. Lots of "content" is generated from that. Another thing that would freak the Rivals schmucks out would be recruits not giving interviews with their staff writers, etc.
That is what I was thinking, if it is one or two sites that are like this, then the kids should give exclusive attention to the good sites (if there are any).

Totally Insane that this happens all the time ... but in this case, Thanks Rivals! A kid with this kind of talent, now with a chip on his shoulder. I CAN NOT WAIT until he starts ABSOLUTELY DESTROYING DEFENDERS! He'll show them where to put their ratings.

Pretty fired up about this one, New team secondary logo idea ... This with DESTROY in capital orange letters underneath, I think this would be a sufficient volume of the color Orange for our needs... Right?

14214The-thrilling-skull-with-fire-hair-wallpaper.jpg

that is one bad ass picture. might make a nice calf tat. love it!

did you do that?

I know I'm late posting about this, but this is truly unbelievable. Talk about Rivals not even bothering to mask their bias.

What a joke. I'm glad we ditched that site several years back.

There's nothing wrong with Murray over at rovals. He's a good guy and has been to many Fine Lot tailgate parties. He's not involved in the rankings either. I'm not sure what the hate is on him.

There's nothing wrong with Murray over at rovals. He's a good guy and has been to many Fine Lot tailgate parties. He's not involved in the rankings either. I'm not sure what the hate is on him.
Ryan's a nice guy. I think it's more guilt by association with him.

It's funny you hate on the other guy all you want, but now sticking up for Murray? I guess it makes sense now. Murray ran the Syracuse site over there into the ground.

It's funny you hate on the other guy all you want, but now sticking up for Murray? I guess it makes sense now. Murray ran the Syracuse site over there into the ground.

listen buddy, i don't hate on anyone over at s c o u t. haven't had a membership at either site in years. not sure where you get that i hate on 'the other guy'. not sticking up for murray at all, but he didn't run it into the ground, everyone bailed for s c o u t and then left s c o u t for here. what was muray to do?

i have an outside the box idea. i assume this site generates some type of revenue, since i see adds all over the place. could we take that money and hire someone to serve as a reporter specifically for this site?

listen buddy, i don't hate on anyone over at s c o u t. haven't had a membership at either site in years. not sure where you get that i hate on 'the other guy'. not sticking up for murray at all, but he didn't run it into the ground, everyone bailed for s c o u t and then left s c o u t for here. what was muray to do?

ya and everyone left for s k o u because Murray ran it into the ground (talking subscriber side). I'm sure he's a fantastic guy. Just didn't care enough to run the site anymore. It is what is, buddy.

Last edited:
ya and everyone left for s k o u because Murray ran it into the ground. I'm sure he's a fantastic guy. Just didn't care enough to run the site anymore. It is what is, buddy.
I don't have anything personal against Murray, but I've been checking out Rivals lately and that place is still pretty much garbage, no matter how nice the guys running it are. They rarely have any relevant news and half the stuff they DO have is recycled from the other recruiting services. They basically look at who everyone else is talking to and try to follow those leads, from what I can tell.

that is one bad ass picture. might make a nice calf tat. love it!

did you do that?
Hey no kidding, I wish. No I had to search around to find it. It is the closest thing I could find to the mental image I had of this attacking dark skull with flaming orange hair.

My blood boils when they downgrade these kids that have worked so hard on the field and in the classroom to get to DI Football. I honestly think that is how our team needs to play every game to prove the doubters wrong, fearless hair on fire football. I'll bet Mike Borkowski could do one even better specifically for SU, some of his demon basketball player stuff is awesome. We could be real specific and put DESTROY or put something like "DAOWOF" underneath "Destroy All Others, With ORANGE FIRE"

I don't have anything personal against Murray, but I've been checking out Rivals lately and that place is still pretty much garbage, no matter how nice the guys running it are. They rarely have any relevant news and half the stuff they DO have is recycled from the other recruiting services. They basically look at who everyone else is talking to and try to follow those leads, from what I can tell.

And that's how it's been for years. I'm sure he's a great guy, just not a great publisher. He does own the rights to the Cuse site over there, which is extremely rare, so he is pretty much responsible for everything at that particular site. I'm sure Rivlz high ups aren't on him because he bought the rights to the site outright, so they are getting a share of each subscriber.

ya and everyone left for s k o u because Murray ran it into the ground (talking subscriber side). I'm sure he's a fantastic guy. Just didn't care enough to run the site anymore. It is what is, buddy.

Us leaving for Skout had nothing to do with Ryan Murray, he wasn't even involved with Rivals when we bailed. I'm pretty sure he picked it up after we were all gone.

tep624 said:
Us leaving for Skout had nothing to do with Ryan Murray, he wasn't even involved with Rivals when we bailed. I'm pretty sure he picked it up after we were all gone.

Am talking about premium board

tep624 said:

Yea he didn't run anything there when we were there. Many of the same people running things here ran it there too as we did the other sites. He came along after we left.

Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors