Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to sound like a RU fan here...but I have heard this is a mutual parting. Yes, you read that right, mutual parting.

I am not surprised at all about it being mutual. I am more surprised that the commitment lasted this long.

I'm thinking of a nitwit that I read in the comments section of the Syracuse newspaper a while back. He said no way Washington goes to Syracuse. I hate him being right.
That's pretty much exactly something that popped into my head as well.

Why can't we ever get a break. Why do we get and then lose these guys?

I am not surprised at all about it being mutual. I am more surprised that the commitment lasted this long.
If you think that then we should have never recruited the kid in the first place. I highly doubt the SU staff told him it was cool if he wanted to decommit. I would bet the staff was classy and understood but why would the staff after investing the 44 be mutual?

If you think that then we should have never recruited the kid in the first place. I highly doubt the SU staff told him it was cool if he wanted to decommit. I would bet the staff was classy and understood but why would the staff after investing the 44 be mutual?
There's been a lot behind the scenes here. Eventually more of it may come out. But believe me...you'd be amazed at some of the things that I've heard, and I know CL has heard and others have heard, over the past 8-9 months with this recruitment.

I have refrained from posting on this thread but I will add a bit here now the the drama is over. RW is by all means a good kid, but there are some major red flags surrounding everything else from his inner circle to academics. There's a reason he isn't playing football right now. I wish the kid all the best, but my gut tells me he completely disappear from the football scene.

Of course it wouldn't be. I could see the staff being fed up with his act and it coming to that. But the staff was all in on Washington. Let's not try and spin it any other way now.

I have refrained from posting on this thread but I will add a bit here now the the drama is over. RW is by all means a good kid, but there are some major red flags surrounding everything else from his inner circle to academics. There's a reason he isn't playing football right now. I wish the kid all the best, but my gut tells me he completely disappear from the football scene.
Is his dad on the good team or part of the problem?

There's been a lot behind the scenes here. Eventually more of it may come out. But believe me...you'd be amazed at some of the things that I've heard, and I know CL has heard and others have heard, over the past 8-9 months with this recruitment.
Still jeke, up until about 40 minutes ago, you thought he would be here in January. We must have been willing to deal with it.

Of course it wouldn't be. I could see the staff being fed up with his act and it coming to that. But the staff was all in on Washington. Let's not try and spin it any other way now.

I never said that they weren't all in on Robert...sometimes there are other dynamics that make a situation untenable.

Interesting. If the baggage is that extensive, wonder who would want to step up?

Also, I doubt the Alabamas of the college football world will be falling over themselves at this stage; their recruiting for this cycle is pretty much done.

Agreed we have to be fair. I don't blame this staff one iota if this kid doesn't play for SU. Based on what jekelish is saying there is major drama. We just can't claim it was a mutual parting of the ways as the staff invested bigtime with this recruitment. He wanted to decommit fine and we were classy in just moving on no drama.

For the record - I wish Robert all the best in wherever he winds up. Who knows, there's still a slim chance it's Syracuse (though I doubt it). I think he's just in a strange situation that a 17 year old has no business being in.

Is his dad on the good team or part of the problem?
I would guess the latter because on twitter he created a new handle because his old one was hacked by his dad he said.

This makes me sad for him. I hope whatever it is, he can overcome and make his way into the college landscape and get a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom