Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 167 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it weird that I'm slightly glad it's over? No question I wanted nothing more than for him to come play at SU but when I found myself questing his commitment based off his twitter account and the fact that he didn't change it, I felt kind of ridiculous. Here's my question, in light of this is there any chance we slid Moe over to play RB or do we keep him at the hybrid position?

Is it weird that I'm slightly glad it's over? No question I wanted nothing more than for him to come play at SU but when I found myself questing his commitment based off his twitter account and the fact that he didn't change it, I felt kind of ridiculous. Here's my question, in light of this is there any chance we slid Moe over to play RB or do we keep him at the hybrid position?
I was thinking the same. On all counts.

Here's my question, in light of this is there any chance we slid Moe over to play RB or do we keep him at the hybrid position?

I think it's more likely we slide Strickland or Perkins back to RB.

I wish the kid the best of luck. It's truly unfortunate that his recruitment is such a (ish)-show because it takes so much away from his abilities on the field. I think he ends up taking the JUCO route to get everything straightened out. This is going to get uglier before it gets any better.

Unfortunately my father was completely correct about this recruitment. He called it from day one and I told him he was going to be wrong (out of hope). I ended being up wrong.

A couple of things:

It ain't over until it's over, to quote Yogi Berra. I'm sure there are people on here that know bits and pieces, but not one of them knows the whole story. Probably his family are the only ones who do. Therefore, it's possible that he recommits in the future.

If he doesn't, I've been looking at the commits to Illinois, now that the head coach has been fired. We have done well there in the past couple of years. There is a kid that we had offered that is rated higher than Robert that we may have a chance of flipping. Nothing is for sure since, Kentrail Moran is from Illinois and may well stay with that team, but he is more of a straight ahead runner in the mold that Robert was recruited for. I know others have mentioned Tre Bryant and Thompson as possible replacements/flips, but I believe both of these kids were being recruited as the express back and I think Moe is a better choice for that position. Anyway, there are still options, some of which I am confident that we don't even know about.

A couple of things:

It ain't over until it's over, to quote Yogi Berra. I'm sure there are people on here that know bits and pieces, but not one of them knows the whole story. Probably his family are the only ones who do. Therefore, it's possible that he recommits in the future.

If he doesn't, I've been looking at the commits to Illinois, now that the head coach has been fired. We have done well there in the past couple of years. There is a kid that we had offered that is rated higher than Robert that we may have a chance of flipping. Nothing is for sure since, Kentrail Moran is from Illinois and may well stay with that team, but he is more of a straight ahead runner in the mold that Robert was recruited for. I know others have mentioned Tre Bryant and Thompson as possible replacements/flips, but I believe both of these kids were being recruited as the express back and I think Moe is a better choice for that position. Anyway, there are still options, some of which I am confident that we don't even know about.
Tyler Thompson in particular, and Tre Bryant to a degree, were being recruited as express backs because we already had RW and told him he'd be the only true RB we took.

Tyler Thompson in particular, and Tre Bryant to a degree, were being recruited as express backs because we already had RW and told him he'd be the only true RB we took.

IF he was told that he'd be the only RB recruit, why should we be upset if heheld the staff to it?

IF he was told that he'd be the only RB recruit, why should we be upset if heheld the staff to it?

Reading between the lines, it seems to be more than just other RBs.

I would rather see us not offer another RB this cycle, use it for another position and fight like hell to keep Moe Neal as our sole hybrid/RB this cycle. Focus on a new #1 target for 2017.

Reading between the lines, it seems to be more than just other RBs.

I've also had a sneaking suspicion that guys like Tre Bryant were being recruited for the "hybrid" position for reasons to not upset Robert but also understanding that kids like Brant are a great talent that they want on the team. Recruit for the hybrid position, Robert remains on the board, you get two talented players without technically recruiting another RB, kids get to campus, maybe he ends up a better "fit" for the RB position as opposed to hybrid after all. If you feel me...

I was thinking the same. On all counts.

For the future, if you have similar suspicions as me (but didn't want to share or reinforce it because you didn't want to spread pessimism on the board, which is fine.) try not to slam me so hard for saying something haha I got it pretty bad and I can be fragile :(

What's the proper way to spell backpedal? Because that's what is happening ITT.

I know I'm not backpedaling, just in case you're referring to me. I've been confiding my concerns in people for months. RF2044 can attest to this, I just double checked and back on July 5, I shot him a PM voicing these exact concerns precisely because I knew that if this happened, people like you would call "backpedaling." Anomander and CuseLegacy were others I spoke with months ago voicing concerns. None of us are backpedaling, we just chose not to bring it out into the public at the time.

Oh, I know the people in this thread probably have a solid idea that this can't really be put on the staff. I'm thinking more the general/casual fan who only reads the headline and never actually bothers to read the actual story.
You mean the morons at Syracuse.com that can't even spell Shafer's name correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom