Class of 2021 - RB Seven McGee (CA/NY) Portal from Jackson St | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 RB Seven McGee (CA/NY) Portal from Jackson St

Really don't love the kind of guys that quit mid-season on their teammates. Seems even more of a me 1st attitude when bailing on a top 10 team.

Really don't love the kind of guys that quit mid-season on their teammates. Seems even more of a me 1st attitude when bailing on a top 10 team.

Interesting point.

Interesting point.
I have absolutely 0 context and am generalizing but if someone on our squad bailed right now I certainly wouldn't think highly of them in any way.

Our near-universally loved starting quarterback “quit” on his last team four games into the season. It’s part of the game.

Who cares

Due to portal transfer and new NCAA rules regarding 4 games as the line of demarcation vis a vis losing a year of eligibility. Context matters.

As does the context that lifer QB was asked to change positions buy a new coaching staff that didn't recruit him, and didn't want to.

Due to portal transfer and new NCAA rules regarding 4 games as the line of demarcation vis a vis losing a year of eligibility. Context matters.

As does the context that lifer QB was asked to change positions buy a new coaching staff that didn't recruit him, and didn't want to.
It was the Covid year so it didn’t count towards eligibility. And if it’s a “team player” argument then, while not ideal circumstances, a “team player” guts it out.

I went to delete my post right as I got your reply because I have never thought of kids that leave early as quitters and I’m very much team GS and have been. Easy target for someone to argue about (I know you aren’t doing so) and I have no desire to litigate this topic again. Lol

Was just pointing out how I see the logic

He was barely getting a chance to contribute to that top 10 team, if they don’t win the PAC 12 it won’t have anything to do with him and if he had stayed and they win it, that would have nothing to do with him either

He was barely getting a chance to contribute to that top 10 team, if they don’t win the PAC 12 it won’t have anything to do with him and if he had stayed and they win it, that would have nothing to do with him either
Alright, so I'll mark you down as not bothered if Lamson enters the portal tomorrow.

I can understand someone holding judgement with a player who leaves during a season. I also don't like when staffs do things to keep a player there. You end up getting what you created.
That definitely could enter into the part of not having any context here. If they sold him a bill of goods when he tried to bounce after Cristobal left and then didn't deliver, way different story.

I won't think he has a character flaw if he does, I would be bummed because I think he is a good QB, I wouldn't label him a bad teammate, so nice try

Yeah, coming off an injury and with 2 guys clearly ahead of you (and one has the same amount of eligibility you do), with yet another highly ranked guy inbound -

I’d be bummed if Lamson left, but I would also fully understand it, if that’s what he chose to do.

That definitely could enter into the part of not having any context here. If they sold him a bill of goods when he tried to bounce after Cristobal left and then didn't deliver, way different story.
even if that didn't happen, the kid is barely playing and him leaving has no bearing on how their season will unfold from here. this isn't Bo Nix leaving to prepare for the NFL draft

Last edited:
Stay, leave at anytime, just the way the things are these days. I don't really like it but it's going to happen.

Personally, I don't think Lamson ever starts here. Back up sure but if he were to leave I can't blame him

Stay, leave at anytime, just the way the things are these days. I don't really like it but it's going to happen.

Personally, I don't think Lamson ever starts here. Back up sure but if he were to leave I can't blame him
This, people leave jobs to improve their position often ... and sometimes departures come at a bad time but so be it. Does it suck? Sure but if you changed jobs does that make you a quitter? At this point because of NIL and the portal, the universities are practically employers at this point.

He is but Seven is the kind of kid that does well when he is away from home. Less distractions.

Do you know this? I played basketball with Seven and a buch of his buddies from HS during Covid when Monroe County gyms were closed, they all came out to Ontario County to play. I am getting close to middle aged and was genuinely impressed by the way he and his HS buddies were naturally able to talk to the adults. I am basing this on play an hour of hoops 3-4 times with him but they were all great kids and it would surprise me if he couldnt handle playing at Syracuse.

I tossed Zacharia Harris Scott an ally oop from almost the mid court line.

Do you know this? I played basketball with Seven and a buch of his buddies from HS during Covid when Monroe County gyms were closed, they all came out to Ontario County to play. I am getting close to middle aged and was genuinely impressed by the way he and his HS buddies were naturally able to talk to the adults. I am basing this on play an hour of hoops 3-4 times with him but they were all great kids and it would surprise me if he couldnt handle playing at Syracuse.

sorry... just read this thread and you obviously know him better than i do. But he and all his buddies still seemed like great dudes in my experience. and i was just happy to be older and not nearly in the shape those guys were in and surprise them a little along the way to compete with them.

I wasnt talking about his character. Seven is a charismatic young man. Well liked. I was referring to the people around him who have different agendas.

I mean, if we can get a guy named Seven McGee, we should do so just on principle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom