Class of 2024 - RB Yasin Willis (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/10/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 RB Yasin Willis (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/10/23)

Do you really think he's the same type of prospect as Josh?
Well to be fair we really don't know at what level Josh's ability was because of his injury. Never got to see him play at SU. Josh put up insane HS numbers in more obscurity playing against lower level competition so its hard to know. We all hoped he was amazing. But as far as recruiting interest from recruiters Josh pales in comparison for sure.

Last edited:
Josh's competition was horrendous. Imo he never demonstrated the lateral moment and foot speed needed to play P5 RB.
I’m in agreement. I won’t dive into specifics, but these high school versions of each are not the same prospect. Yasin is a very solid prospect whose film demonstrated just about every quality you’d like to see at this position.

Well to be fair we really don't know at what level Josh's ability was because of his injury. Never got to see him play at SU. Josh put up insane HS numbers in more obscurity playing against lower level competition so its hard to know. We all hoped he was amazing. But as far as recruiting interest from recruiters Josh pales in comparison for sure.
I was never big on Josh as a RB. I thought his best upside was at DL. He was a big guy that can move but played in a league where he was bigger than the lineman. Thats totally different from playing in NJ non public group A league

Proto type for Dazzler's power running game. If that's the case

I was never big on Josh as a RB. I thought his best upside was at DL. He was a big guy that can move but played in a league where he was bigger than the lineman. Thats totally different from playing in NJ non public group A league
He was big and very fast for his size and looked like a one cut back but yes we really didn't see much regarding elusiveness as he almost always seemed to just burst straight through for a TD. But yes i was definitely was looking forward to seeing what he could do on defense as well.

This dude is a man child. Type of dudes the SEC blue bloods have line up in the backfield. Has an NFL body already. Once Fran sells him on the legend of our RBs he will be orange. Calling my shot
Former RB at St Joes Audric Estime. Similar size back and he’s at ND. 8th in the nation in rushing

I thought AAM would be the guy. Partially he didn’t always dominate when he did get touches but I also don’t think he got a fair shot. Was never consistently used.
Two sides to this one…AAM wasn’t the most fit kid on the team…

OFFERED> YASIN WILLIS 2024 4 STAR**** ST JOSEPH REGIONAL, MONTVALE, NJ
#2 6' 225

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

BIG EXPLOSIVE BACK
HIGH FB IQ
FAST 40 N/A est high 4.4
GREAT VISION
SEES HOLES AND SEAMS BURSTS QUICKLY THROUGH THEM W/O HESITATION

WILL RUN YOU OVER
MOVES TACKLING PILE FORWARD
VERY TOUGH RUNNER
GOOD BLOCKING SKILLS

Willis has racked up 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons at St. Joseph, putting together a 171-carry, 1,023-yard sophomore season and a 181-carry, 1,133-yard junior season. He’s scored 26 rushing touchdowns over the last two seasons.

EXCELLENT OFFER

Last edited:
Biggest I can remember was Adonis Ameen Moore... he was a backup but dude was huge

Remember Craig "Ironhead" Heyward at Pitt??... Technically I think he was a Fullback (when some teams actually used to run fullbacks).

6 foot 270lbs+ juggernaut.

I hated when we had to play against him.

He used run over or thru everybody.

Remember Craig "Ironhead" Heyward at Pitt??... Technically I think he was a Fullback (when some teams actually used to run fullbacks).

6 foot 270lbs+ juggernaut.

I hated when we had to play against him.

He used run over or thru everybody.
But Ironhead, what's with this thingy?

But Ironhead, what's with this thingy?

It's like this:

juggernaut-x-men.gif