RE: Southerland— what can we assume and what can we rule out? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RE: Southerland— what can we assume and what can we rule out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts...

CTO, you shouldn't let the opinions of others dissuade you from posting. Some will really appreciate it. Others may criticize you. Should be water of a duck's back. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion and most are grateful for any info we can get.

To the old guard who literally responds on a daily/weekly basis with "go join another site"... please, please, just stop. We get it. You don't like the style or content of some posts/posters. You pine for the good old days. I feel like I'm listening to Abe Simpson wax ecstatic sometimes. As long as the post aren't inflammatory or insulting, they should be kosher. NYOnBlue din't say anything out of line. Dude just has a different opinion.

Much gratitude to the CTO's and the Jake's who probably tell us more than they even want to sometimes. But they are not infallible. CTO will do more for Syracuse University in the next 5 minutes than I will do in my entire life, however, it doesn't mean I can't disagree with her on an issue.

I think this is a really well run board. The personal attacks are minimal. You get a good slap on the wrist if you do and the trolls are generally kept at bay. There is great info on here you can't get elsewhere. The passion and opinions are invaluable. They also come from all walks of life. There are dumb posters, smart posters, rich ones, poor ones, alums, donors, townies and probably more than a few ex-'Cuse athletes. We'd all do well to embrace this aspect and the variety of opinions.

And I will never stop flagellating.
yeah, he actually did say something out of line.

It's difficult for me to understand why people object to CTO telling some of her great stories. She obviously has worked hard over the years to do and experience some of the things she has accomplished. In doing so, she has met many people and been exposed to many situations that most of us would not have the opportunity to be a part. Her willingness to pass on those experiences makes for great reading. For me, anyone who feels she is just acting like a big deal or flaunting the fact she was part of events that included well known people, is perhaps jealous they didn't have the same opportunity.
CTO, many of us enjoy the unique moments you share. If others don't like those posts they should simply refrain from reading them or put you on their ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.