Reading some of these threads from last night | Syracusefan.com

Reading some of these threads from last night

Alsacs

Living Legend
I am glad I stepped away and just let the game detox.

Some of our fans just flat out suck.
I am an ahole but I like to think I am fair and take my medicine when I am wrong.
These Shafer people and alleged homers just love to be miserable.
We have a couple of fellow irrational posters like myself but when it’s bad I just step away for the evening.

Babers is the guy for the job. Last night sucked but it happened. You can criticize the HC but support him.

The problem is these people criticizing are mainly people who aren’t with the HC. Enough Shafer people the guy was not screwed and we would not be any better under the guy.

Criticism is fair but we are headed upward.

Props to Dasher, Orange79, OrangeDW for engaging these knuckleheads. I would have lost it.

Of course Babers is the guy -- lucky to have him.

Disappointed and frustrated for our seniors. But college football is about recruiting. Clawson has done a great job, rebuilding Wake. He is a couple of years ahead of Babers in his process.

I'll never understand these threads. Ok, people vented on a messageboard...shocking. Have you been to an SEC messageboard where teams have the fan support y'all clamor for? They make this place seem like candy land.
You weren’t who I was talking about.
You like me are irrational.

This ain't an SEC board. There is much you don't see. We run a slightly tighter ship here. ;)
Oh, you all do a great job and I'm sure there's a ton of nonsense y'all clean up that we don't see.

Alsacs stated he took a break and read through the threads, which means it's the content that made it through vetting. To me, 99% of this is justifiable venting. The current staff, while I'm a believer, hasn't done anything to demand anyone's loyalty here. To many, it's just more of the same - losing records, bottom of the conference and no bowl game.

Oh, you all do a great job and I'm sure there's a ton of nonsense y'all clean up that we don't see.

Alsacs stated he took a break and read through the threads, which means it's the content that made it through vetting. To me, 99% of this is justifiable venting. The current staff, while I'm a believer, hasn't done anything to demand anyone's loyalty here. To many, it's just more of the same - losing records, bottom of the conference and no bowl game.
Not disputing anything you said, but in terms of seeing and not seeing things, sometimes it's purely timing. :)

It’s totally different. We never would have beat Clemson or VPI under the previous regime and the recruiting is night and day better. I’m not sure why people don’t understand that. Do fans not want to give Babers a chance with his recruits?

If you believe in the coach(I don’t know if you do) then I believe in patience.
I had no faith in the coordinator masquerading as the HC Scott Shafer.
I have faith in Dino Babers thus I am not going to lose my chit in a loss to an equal program in Wake Forest.

The loss to Middle Tennessee and that ex-coach boob was worse.

I get your sentiment but as I said on another thread this is my therapy session w spending a disproportionate amount of time invested in this program. Irrational will happen.

I’m w those who want Dino here. Full stop. He’s great but not perfect. That’s life. I just want a bowl and it was there to take. Hate seeing BC edging right next to us in the relevancy dept

I get your sentiment but as I said on another thread this is my therapy session w spending a disproportionate amount of time invested in this program. Irrational will happen.

I’m w those who want Dino here. Full stop. He’s great but not perfect. That’s life. I just want a bowl and it was there to take. Hate seeing BC edging right next to us in the relevancy dept

Your thread about Dungey having a concussion because he rolled his ankle is a clown show bro. That ain’t therapy.

I always try to hold off till the next day to post, rather then spew anger in the 3 hours after the game. We got out coached yesterday, it happens, it always two steps forward a step back. Were still on track and will be fine although 4-8 is a distinct possibility.

Hope Shy/Troy/Armstrong//Nadarius/whitner/kadeem/tyrell watched last night and promised themselves theyd never let an SU team give up 60, let alone 40 points, again.

Can’t afford to have one or two games a year where our d doesnt show up. Linebackers have always been the core of our d.

I agree with the OP. We just played a great team. Wolford reminded me of Nassib his last year where everything came together and the game just got really slow for him. Clawson is a great coach and it showed, that's really all there is to it. They were the better team this year. If we got them the second game of the season again this year, I think the outcome may have been different.

Babers will get us there, and he will make mistakes along the way, just like every SU coach before him. One takeaway from this game for me was our penalties. 3 for 25 yards. Pretty amazing really. I can't ever remember an SU team with a less penalized game. It's a sign that the coaching is getting through and the players are focused. Wins will come, Rome wasn't built in a day.

It’s totally different. We never would have beat Clemson or VPI under the previous regime and the recruiting is night and day better. I’m not sure why people don’t understand that. Do fans not want to give Babers a chance with his recruits?

Yeah. Of all the “arguments” some people are making, the “its no different, who cares that we beat Clemson it means nothing now!” stuff is by far the weirdest.

Im not sure if they’re just being childish and saying something they know isn’t true because they’re worked up about the loss, or if they actually believe that.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I didn't see anything from anyone about wanting Babers to go. Babers is the guy I wanted from day 1 of the search. I even emailed Coyle explaining why I thought Babers would be a great choice. I still think he's a great choice. Doesn't mean people can't criticize aspects of the team, including the staff, after giving up 64 points, particularly to a team with similar talent who have also had significant injuries.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I didn't see anything from anyone about wanting Babers to go. Babers is the guy I wanted from day 1 of the search. I even emailed Coyle explaining why I thought Babers would be a great choice. I still think he's a great choice. Doesn't mean people can't criticize aspects of the team, including the staff, after giving up 64 points, particularly to a team with similar talent who have also had significant injuries.
Don’t look for it but there are the same Shafer people in multiple threads trashing us in a veiled attempt to defend their boy Shafer.

This game certainly would have been different with HCSS.

Wake 52
Cuse 15 with a momentous safety and efffffff you clawson.

The schedule this year is/was brutal. Being in the ACC Atlantic is never going to be a cake walk. It's probably the most brutal division in college football. At the beginning of this year, I said we'd go 4-8 or 5-7. Then we beat Clemson, and got a bit caught up in the euphoria. These past few weeks have brought back my objectivity. There has been much improvement, and the team is occasionally very good. Big problem is that the consistency and discipline has yet to show.

It is possible to pull out two wins, but I kind of suspect it'll be a split.

I stayed away on purpose.

I tried to tell everyone that Wake was more NC State and less Pitt. They run a similar system to us now (Douche Clawson needed to borrow as what he had before was pooh).

Anyways - I’m 100% in on Dino and believe we can win our next two. But even if we don’t, we’re on the right track.

Don’t look for it but there are the same Shafer people in multiple threads trashing us in a veiled attempt to defend their boy Shafer.

I’m curious who you think these Shafer people are. Is anyone who critiques Babers a former Shafer boy in disguise?

I’m curious who you think these Shafer people are. Is anyone who critiques Babers a former Shafer boy in disguise?
I am not going to post names so I don’t get punished by the moderators but they are ones who like all the same type of posts.

This board has been pretty tame for how that game played out yesterday. Even if mods are deleting a lot of threads/posts, those are posts nobody is seeing and what I am seeing is mostly critique. There’s less than 5% of the posters saying anything crazy or ridiculous. So to whine and act like everyone has jumped ship is a little silly.

I am not going to post names so I don’t get punished by the moderators but they are ones who like all the same type of posts.

Well, I’ve only seen about two people who clearly are still upset about Shafer and don’t like Babers. Not sure that makes up a very large % of the board.

Your thread about Dungey having a concussion because he rolled his ankle is a clown show bro. That ain’t therapy.

Wouldn’t surprise if he has a concussion at all. You think we would know??? Didn’t equate it to the ankle but the fact he’s shut down right now.

The speculation is what we do here. Dungeys injury history w the school is spotty at best. We can’t tlak about it now? Not a doctor but the kid is beat up. Who knows what’s up. School isn’t gonna tell us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom