Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves… | Syracusefan.com

Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves…

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttosDad

2nd String
Sounds like he will be out either the majority of the season or the entire season.

That now makes it 3 out of our last 5 high profile NFL prospects to get hurt in their assumed final season for Syracuse. Cisco, Garrett Williams, and OG. The final 2 of the 5 would be Tucker and Bergeron. You can even make the case that Tucker wasn’t healthy last year as we all saw him hobbled plenty last season.

Bergeron is the only guy to make it through a season unscathed. This stuff has to change. Not sure if it’s just atrocious luck, or something to do with S/C staff.

Regardless it’s devastating to the players’ draft stock and the teams season.

Probably twitter.

Speaking of... Jaime hasn't posted much lately. Should we be concerned?

I believe from his posting history the OP has information from time to time. I may be mistaken.
Or he heard it from his cousin's wife whose good friend's husband is a janitor in the football wing and found the evidence in a trash can. I put little faith in these kind of reports.

The fact that he walked off to the tunnel on his own power is huge. I think it’s obvious he has a high ankle sprain on one ankle and he reaggravated the other sprain on his other ankle. My gut and bias wants to say 4-6 weeks I don’t know

Sounds like he will be out either the majority of the season or the entire season.

That now makes it 3 out of our last 5 high profile NFL prospects to get hurt in their assumed final season for Syracuse. Cisco, Garrett Williams, and OG. The final 2 of the 5 would be Tucker and Bergeron. You can even make the case that Tucker wasn’t healthy last year as we all saw him hobbled plenty last season.

Bergeron is the only guy to make it through a season unscathed. This stuff has to change. Not sure if it’s just atrocious luck, or something to do with S/C staff.

None of those injuries have anything to do with each other

Cisco had a collision on the sideline, Williams hurt his knee on a play, Gadsen got his ankle rolled into at the end of a play, Tucker had a helmet driven into his thigh.

It’s football and guys get hurt

Not sure how one can put any of these injuries on the S&C staff? Just seems crazy to me.

I guess somebody will always take the blame it makes one feel better but it is football and part of the game

None of those injuries have anything to do with each other

Cisco had a collision on the sideline, Williams hurt his knee on a play, Gadsen got his ankle rolled into at the end of a play, Tucker had a helmet driven into his thigh.

It’s football and guys get hurt
It’s football and it’s also remarkable the luck this program has. No two ways about it. Injuries to those types of players kill seasons. We’ll see what the WR core can do Saturday, but it’s very possible the OG injury has derailed yet another season

I’m just asking questions. The program’s luck is simply that bad then?

I guess, injuries are part of the game regardless of your future or your role on a particular team. Every play of every game for every player carries risk. Just the way it is

It’s football and it’s also remarkable the luck this program has. No two ways about it. Injuries to those types of players kill seasons. We’ll see what the WR core can do Saturday, but it’s very possible the OG injury has derailed yet another season
Nonsense. The WR group is way more talented than anyone imagined.

I think most expect that he's going to miss some time.

But I don't know how anyone can infer how much time -- i.e., "...the majority of the season or the entire season."

Not suggesting that won't inevitably prove to be true, just not sure how anyone could definitively claim that based upon what is known.

even if he is walking around in a boot now thats doesnt mean too much

Before the season I would’ve 100% bought into the argument that losing OG would “derail the season”

Now, after watching Brown, Hatcher, Jones, etc. and watching GS with his eyes down the field when he drops back, OG being gone doesn’t even come close to “derailing the season”. And that’s incredible that I can type that with a straight face.

Overall it sucks, but there will be no derailment IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.