Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves… | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Park said on the radio today he's not feeling good about Ellis and More returning this week. Oy vey
Shoot. I was hoping for at least one of them.

Matt Park said on the radio today he's not feeling good about Ellis and More returning this week. Oy vey
If that's the case we should see the line drop if word gets out.

I know he went to the tent first and I was encouraged that he walked off until he came out with a boot. That's not normal unless it's a really bad sprain. But guys have more trouble walking with really bad sprains. Aaron Rodgers walked off to. I'll breath a sigh of relief when we know it's not his achilles.
He got driven to the locker room. I think standard procedure now is to immobilize and compress immediately with a boot as a precaution without reference to the severity.

Agreed. I've never seen a kid limp off the field, go straight into the locker room and return to the sideline in a boot. I've not seen that happen before and have it be nothing serious. I'm hoping it's a 6-8 week thing but I wouldn't be surprised either if he's out for the year.
Do we know for sure that there was really a foot in that boot? Curious people need to know! :p

Do we even know - has it been disclosed - what the actual injury is?

I mean - Rodgers calf/Achilles buckled, but they disclosed it pretty quickly. X-rays negative, they feared the worst, MRI confirmed it.

With OG, I don't have a clue what it was.
My sources, who are, admittedly, historically wildly unreliable and in most cases imaginary, fear that it's the dreaded high/lower potato strain.

Keep it here.

Yeah but we’re not like most other schools. Most P5 schools produce far more NFL talent than Syracuse does. Injury’s to our top end players typically derail seasons. We’ll see if this year we have the depth…
Well, we only found an NFL talent in Tucker because of injuries/opt outs. Sometimes Guys just need a chance to shine

My sources, who are, admittedly, historically wildly unreliable and in most cases imaginary, fear that it's the dreaded high/lower potato strain.

Keep it here.
Well, there is a silver lining here. Because this is Syracuse, it is likely a salt potato sprain rather than a big Idaho potato type sprain.

Salt potatoes are much smaller and so the recovery time for a salt potato sprain will be a lot shorter. Maybe put some butter on it. That usually helps. Surround it with a few steamed clams if you wish.

im not feeling good about OG returning this year
Honestly that’s devastating. Dang. I’ve accepted him coming back the last half of the year but not this.

Is artificial turf a factor?

All conjecture at this point, but if he is out for a while is it possible that he may begin to shift focus to his draft status?

If he was a Yankees pitcher, he'd be out until 2025.

I'm still guessing high ankle sprain. 4-6 weeks.
high ankles are as much as 8 weeks, I hope not but his season might be over too

Starting to get M******* vibes about Saturday.

Officially *a little* nervous about this season. Hopefully I feel stupid for worrying come 11pm Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.