Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves… | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Reading the Oronde Tea Leaves…

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t even disagree. I quite literally said 3 hours ago the zip could’ve been in my head because I haven’t broken down Dungey tape since he left. I didn’t debate that he did after that and you jumped in spewing because like I said originally you just like having pointless debates with me for whatever reason. I seriously feel like I could say the sky is blue and you’d say no it’s orange and start singing the Syracuse alma mater at me just to have a debate.
Spewing …yeah facts … like I said just move on.

Spewing …yeah facts … like I said just move on.
Misinterpreting the context of 2 separate conversations, smushing them together to try to start a debate, isn’t facts. It’s stupidity.

Misinterpreting the context of 2 separate conversations, smushing them together to try to start a debate, isn’t facts. It’s stupidity.
Awww there it is … feel better?

I didn't perceive the Oronde injury as being the result of a dirty play, but there were plenty in that game as evidence by all the laundry on the field. One that comes to mind as being the most obvious was when the whole WMU team tackled Adams OOB which caused a small scuffle to break out.
And the refs never even threw a flag

Isiah Jones being back, and Brown in the mix should really soften the loss of OG. Last year Jones was a much bigger loss than folks gave credit for. If Alford can step up, and I've always wondered why he hasn't yet, we should hold together if/when OG can come back.

We don’t even disagree. I quite literally said 3 hours ago the zip could’ve been in my head because I haven’t broken down Dungey tape since he left. I didn’t debate that he did after that and you jumped in spewing because like I said originally you just like having pointless debates with me for whatever reason. I seriously feel like I could say the sky is blue and you’d say no it’s orange and start singing the Syracuse alma mater at me just to have a debate.
Guys get a room:)

Neither one of these guys has an NFL arm.

Isiah Jones being back, and Brown in the mix should really soften the loss of OG. Last year Jones was a much bigger loss than folks gave credit for. If Alford can step up, and I've always wondered why he hasn't yet, we should hold together if/when OG can come back.
If Jones hadn't gotten hurt last year he might have been 1 or 1A wr. Hes excellent.

In the meantime has anyone analyzed who is spotted getting on the team plane and who appears to be missing?

I heard OG actually flew the plane...GS was his co-pilot
God_Is_My_Co-Pilot_(film).jpg

Let's say he's out until Clemson (best case). I would guess he'd play, if healthy, until bowl eligible and then if he's remotely nicked up we don't see him ever again. I'll take anyone's bet he will not see a bowl game. So we're looking at probably 3-4 more games left of OG. Which is fine mind you but that's what college football is now.

I'm more curious if Shrader shuts it down at any point to preserve himself for the NFL combine, etc. I hate modern college football.
Are we actually talking about Shrader shutting it down for the NFL Draft?

Lolz

Couldn’t agree more on Jones. He’s a DUDE who is about to have a breakout year. I predict a big game from him tomm night

None of these injuries have anything to do with the strength and conditioning program as far as we know. A point of emphasis after last season was to do what they could to improve recovery capability.

You can see some of it already. I think the ol’ are all wearing braces, but that’s not a guarantee. They have anybody with lower leg injuries immediately in a boot. They are putting more into recovery facilities and personnel.

And they are already addressing the issue of the impact of injuries the only real way you can, by improving the roster. On defense they are mitigating the risk by playing 22 guys.

the issue I have is the notion that the program is doing something wrong and the actual injuries are a result, which there is no evidence of.
I can most definitely confirm that the OL has been wearing knee braces for years for prophylactic measures. Same with having the walking boot and other DME bracing on hand. I know for a fact they aren’t skimping in any way what so ever and have a state of the art training room (Minus the waterfalls) and staff.

The only thing we can do is continue to build depth to better absorb these injuries. It certainly has nothing to do with what we’re doing other than bad luck.

He can make a majority of the throws in college but that doesn’t mean he can make them in the NFL. Particularly the way he floats his out route is a pick 6 waiting to happen in the league. If your only quality at QB is scrambling teams are going to stack the box, play press man, and make you throw into tight windows. I don’t believe he has NFL arm talent, I think he’s a really good college QB.
Good question. For the record I’m not saying he is like Allen in arm strength, but is big, can run, move, and throws well on the run. We will see on arm strength, not sure. If you dont have great arm strength your better have great timing and accuracy He should get a camp invite as a UDFA iso we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.