Real Talk...Expectations for tomorrow | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Real Talk...Expectations for tomorrow

I know this may seem like a silly topic, but if Syracuse is trying to build a tradition, which includes a yearly “orange out”, then why are they doing it half-ass by not including the non-student fans. From my understanding, all other schools who do their version of color out hand out little towels or pom poms.

I know people were talking about building a new tradition on this forum before and looking at entrance music and Wisconsin’s jump around as examples, but this one seems super easy and not much thought is needed.

This just seems like a poor mans version of the white out and is a missed opportunity to not included the whole stadium. I know it’s silly, but it’s also the little things that help a program.
I’ve said a million times we need a sponsor to buy this stuff for the entire building

It feels like way too much credence is being given to Clemson. I'm not saying were going to win necessarily, but I feel like they are worse team than Wake who we took to the wire. This isn't your usual Clemson team, their defense is really good, but their offense is borderline worthless. Let's hope we can wear down that defense, and the offense doesn't find a way to click this week.

It feels like way too much credence is being given to Clemson. I'm not saying were going to win necessarily, but I feel like they are worse team than Wake who we took to the wire. This isn't your usual Clemson team, their defense is really good, but their offense is borderline worthless. Let's hope we can wear down that defense, and the offense doesn't find a way to click this week.
Agreed and welcome to the board!

He reminds me a lot of our very own TD with even more measurables. Great size, great arm but hasn't yet figured out how to play the position. Hopefully, that doesn't happen until next week.
I thought the same thing watching him. Physically he checks every box, but when the game starts it doesn't click for some reason. If he can't figure it out, I'm sure Clemson will bring in some stud transfer or freshman, and they'll be back to being the class of the league. But hopefully in the time being, this can be our year to get a big win.

B32AE02D-C895-44FE-9CB9-E5FDB7DCEBC0.jpeg

My personal expectation is just a competitive game. Anyone who thinks Cuse SHOULD win this game is crazy. Yes we CAN win this game but let's be realistic.

Clemson has lost two games early in the season for the first time in a while but the first L was against now #1 GA and they only allowed 10 points. The second was an 2OT loss at now #22 NC State. Not like they lost to bad teams. They've only given up 61 pts in 5 games.

They are still Clemson. They are still going to have a tremendous amount of depth and better talent than Cuse. They are coming off a bye week which I am sure was an opportunity for them to catch their breath, get healthy, and figure out how to right their ship. I'd feel much better about Cuse's chances if they didn't have this Bye.

So, like I said - I'll be happy with a close game going into the 4th quarter. We all know strange things can happen in the Dome. LGO!

I am concerned about this game with Clemson coming out of a bye week and us being beat up on a short week. I don’t understand how the university allowed the ACC to schedule this game on a Friday night.

I am hoping for a close game that comes down to the 4th quarter but I won’t be surprised if Clemson wins by 14+ points.

What are everyone's expectations for tomorrow? Are you guys expecting a close game, home team blowout, a game so boring that no one watches the second half, etc.

I fully expect Clemson to continue to look like the bad news bears with:
1. Multiple three and outs
2. An offense that runs the same 6 plays
3. Tony Elliott to look absolutely clueless when the camera pans to him in the box
4. The defense to be on the field for 40+ minutes
5. Dabo saying at halftime we need to make adjustments and then not make any adjustments

Just a few off the top of my head...
It's gotta be rough being a Clemson fan...

• Love
Reactions: gbo
Their D Coord is too good. We’re beat up. Bad combo.

Usually, teams come out of a by and don't get up to game speed until the second half. Gotta come at them with everything and the kitchen sink and try to bury them early. Pull out the stops, trick plays, onside kicks all of it.

Wake is better than Clemson, if we pushed them to the edge we should be able to do the same against Clemson. Even with the short rest vs by week.

You guys are struggling but it has to be put into perspective; you are struggling by the standards of Clemson. The loss to Georgia is nothing to be ashamed of. The 2OT loss on the road to NCSt is surprising, but they are a good team and it is only surprising because it is Clemson.

Our guys can win any game left but we can also lose any game that is left. We need to get 3 more wins somehow, with more wins being gravy. Welcome gravy, for sure, but we have to walk before we can run.

I view Clemson as a gravy game but I also think we can score some points. You have had two weeks to rest up and those are weeks we could also have used. I'm always optimistic, so I expect it to be pretty close. It has the potential to be a statement game for the Orange.
Well WE don’t have to do anything, we don’t play in the games so we can crawl, walk, run or jump or all we want.

This is a signature game for Clemsons season. If they lose the game they are completely done for the year. They have had two weeks to prepare and get healthy. We are coming off back to back loses on tough physical games we should have won with better coaching. Our team is badly beat up. We are without our top WR. If we win this game it will be an amazing accomplishment.

I think this game being on ESPN on a Friday will play a factor. Even with the short rest vs long rest, our boys must be hungry for some respect after losing two games in a row by one play. Think this is gonna be a real good one.

Vegas isn't dumb, unfortunately I think Clemson wins by double digits. The bye week, no Taj, and coming off two heartbreaking losses will take its toll. Cuse is going to be in a battle for 6-6 and how they are heath wise going in and out of the bye will make or break their chances. At the end of the season we will look back and once again say what if (a la 2017).
vegas has been on the losing end of our scores all season

No way is Clemson going to win by 14 points. Has Vegas even been watching our games?

Close game

rock fight

turnovers decides it

I wish they would announce 44 to Tucker before the game.
The place would go freaking nuts, on the Tribute to Floyd Little Night.
I soooooo hope this happens.
We need every edge we can get, because Clemson can be had.

We win if:

- We can get something consistent in the run game on our end. Doesn't need to be record-setting, but we need to move the ball, even if it's not on scoring drives.
- We'll need to hit one deep ball. I know it's not Shrader's bread and butter, but we have to hit one of these once they start creeping up.
- We need to make all FGs inside of 45 yards.
- Defense has to limit big plays and probably get at least one TO.

I think we can recover from one bonehead play or one big play on Clemson's end. Anything more, I think we're toast.

I would LOVE one unforced error from Clemson (snap over the QBs head) or one surprising play from our end (Pena returning a punt).

We don't need to play perfectly to win, but we need to play very, very well. And, I think this goes without saying, Dino and the coaches need to have a good game from the sidelines.

Terrific post!

If we had played clemson last week i think we win by 7 or more. The last two games have been brutal physically. Shrader had something like 30 carries last week. Tucker is being hammered the Oline is beat to heck and our DBs are hurt. Good news is the D line is in good shape. I hope to God that our Punter finds his groove tomorrow as field position is going to be key

This game has all the makings of a downer. It might be tough for the team to get up after the last three weeks. I know it sounds strange not getting up for Clemson but it is a lot to ask after the last two close losses in a row. Hopefully, honoring Floyd Little will do the trick.

Anything is possible from a breakthrough win to a drubbing.

I don't know what to expect. Has our offense woken only up because we haven't seen a good defense yet or is it actually good? Is the light gonna flip on for Clemson's offense or are they just bad? Is Venables gonna design a defense that will account for both Tucker's and Shrader's running? Will our passing game improve and give the defense something to worry about that they didn't plan for?