Real talk - Mullen wouldn't be doing what Brown is right now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Real talk - Mullen wouldn't be doing what Brown is right now

For me a whole new level of respect for JW. I've never seen the buzz around the football team, IN DECEMBER, my whole life. What Coach Fran has brought in two weeks is unprecedented here. I'm hearing more talk about the spring game than I am about our bowl game tomorrow night. This is unreal and I think I'm dreaming. Please don't wake me up.

If you thought SU needed Xs and Os, and better clock management, you would have gone in a different direction.

If you thought we needed more ACC level talent, you would want Fran Brown. An aggressive young recruiter with established connections in our 6 hr radius. Get better talent, first priority.
The first remains to be seen we actually don’t know he could be a very good tactical coach as well. Some Georgia podcasters have said he was heavily involved in game planning.

The first remains to be seen we actually don’t know he could be a very good tactical coach as well. Some Georgia podcasters have said he was heavily involved in game planning.
No, of course we don’t know about the tactical component. But we do know this program needed - first of all - more first rank talent and more depth (in a word, recruiting). Bring in talent to stuff the run, and DEs to pressure the passer. Get a QB and better receivers.

And once we have the talent, worry about play calling or whatever else you want to worry about. Recruiting is the life blood of college sports.

Ya sureWho is this Mullen guy you speak of?
K Whatever GIF by Uninterrupted

I have been saying this for years. we have proven it can be done here. We just didnt have the guys who were determined enough or believed. Why would it take 7 years before Dino really started pushing in Jersey. Its like he was gonna wing it. kills me
True enough... Fran Brown can put together a great team just from the New Jersey talent, he's already doing it. How could Babers ignore that gold mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom