Realistic win/loss | Syracusefan.com

Realistic win/loss

IDOC

Scout Team
Looking at the schedule, the youth and talent level (starting at least one walk on) of the team my optimistic outcome is 6 & 6. If we keep our present recruiting class 2017 should be a whole new story!

I'm predicting 6-6 as well. I think we will fall somewhere between 4-7 regular season wins, depending on how things shake out, and whether we finally get some breaks going our way.

6 & 6 is good, but allowing for the traditional Syracuse What loss, I'll go with 5 & 7. :noidea:

I'm figuring between 5-7 and 7-5, so 6-6 seems about right.

6 has been the number that has stuck in my head for much of the offseason, but what the heck, I say we find a way to get a 7th win.

Injuries and time to adjust to a new offensive system, 4 wins. We gel well and stay relatively healthy anywhere from 5 wins to 7 depending on how we do in the close games.

we get pit and bc at home this year so 7 is possible but so is 5

IDOC said:
Looking at the schedule, the youth and talent level (starting at least one walk on) of the team my optimistic outcome is 6 & 6. If we keep our present recruiting class 2017 should be a whole new story!

Can you clarify present recruiting class? Significant movement there today.

Chip said:
Can you clarify present recruiting class? Significant movement there today.

Losing RW is tough - but the class is still very good. Some posters were higher on Moe Neal at XB than RW.

In the past 9 years we've had a 6-6 record or better 3 times. The general pre-season consensus on syrfan.com is always on the optimistic side, even in the Grob years.

I fear that this season it'll be the same. I have hope, but little optimism.

5 wins...tops.

IMO a decent coach goes 7-5 this year. A good coach could get 8-4. There is no excuse for less than 6 Ws.

On O the only question I have personnel wise is RB. The D is very young so there are a lot of questions there. Luckily we have a cupcake schedule to start the season and get them up to speed.

but allowing for the traditional Syracuse What loss
This is a myth, at least in terms of recent history. Name a game in the Shafer/Marrone era that the team lost when it was a heavy favorite.

Of course it helps to rarely be a heavy favorite. ;)

I think Charlottesville will be deciding game for a bowl and non losing regular season. No way we stop that Pitt Offense even at home; and NC State on the road is a loss.
Wins: URI, WF, CMU, USF, BC
Edit: Oh, 5-7

This is a myth, at least in terms of recent history. Name a game in the Shafer/Marrone era that the team lost when it was a heavy favorite.

Of course it helps to rarely be a heavy favorite. ;)
UConn 2011 - I don't know if we were heavy favorites but it's a game we should have won to become bowl eligible and to me that was a What loss because they were not that good that year.

UConn 2011 - I don't know if we were heavy favorites but it's a game we should have won to become bowl eligible and to me that was a What loss because they were not that good that year.
UConn was favored by 2, which means it's not even close to a What loss.

UConn was favored by 2, which means it's not even close to a What loss.
Were they really? They weren't that good that year. Ok my bad lol but it's a game we no doubt should have won.

Game was at UConn. Nov 5, 2011.

Syracuse was getting 2 points.

Apparently, a lot of gamblers disagreed with you.
lol all I remember thinking going into that game was that we had to stop their offense with the trick shot QB and we would have won. That one for whatever reason just killed me when we lost because it would have meant bowl eligibility. But my mistake.

lol all I remember thinking going into that game was that we had to stop their offense with the trick shot QB and we would have won. That one for whatever reason just killed me when we lost because it would have meant bowl eligibility. But my mistake.
UConn ran the same play over and over against us and we could not stop it

It was so frustrating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom