Reality check...U-Con has put in place a better system | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Reality check...U-Con has put in place a better system

rrlbees said:
Never heard of the power 5?

Sorry, read it wrong thought you meant when the other teams were scooped up and Uconn wouldn't be one of them. My bad.

Don't forget he was also the best guard defender that we have ever had at Syracuse.

I don't know about that.. Henry & Coke and myself were 2 of his biggest supporters last year when everyone was hammering him. I thought all along he was going to be a much better pro then college player just because his game is better suited for the NBA style. Then again the whole board had him pegged for the D-Leauge by January, kind of like everyone is on Ennis right now.

Not all posters trashing MCW were doing it for the same reasons. Some had geniune concerns about his game. Others were more agenda driven.

Go back to Syracuse.com with this garbage. You don't get to cherry pick the results you want to use and then call that "reality," or claim that your not trying to "knock" anyone.
just pointing out we make a run to final four every 8 - 9 years, in between we pretty much play .500 ball in the ncaa tournament. I think the record shows this pretty clearly. you can ignore that fact. not sure if 4 -3 in last 7 games of 2010 in our guaranteed final four year was cherry picked. I think saying we would have won more games in the tournament if this that and something else happened is foolish. Numerous teams can say they have actually won more games.

I believe we had 5 players on the court in all of our ncaa games, same s the other team. We are a good solid program but review our NCAA tournament history and it is not at the level of many teams. And I, like many, had such high hopes for many deep runs after JB's first NCAA game against the Bernie & Ernie show.

Lets not forget how sleazy Cal is. Just look at the trail he has left behind himself with sanctions. At least at Kentucky that "system" was in place already.

Ollie on the other hand ticks me off. He seems to be a sincerely good guy and very good coach.

Imagine of you're the professor failing a kid in Kentucky to effect the APR or possible chance to be dismissed from the team? He or she would be threatened in various ways. No way EVERY kid at Kentucky keeps up with their classes when they leave early.

I'm sick and tired of losing to eleven seeds.

Most years We have a good to great regular season that puts us in a position to get a protected seed in the tournament. All year we argue how important it is to be a 1, 2, or 3 seed, but is it important? Seeding and the regular season has little value except for a programs bottom line. I've usually always agreed with everything JB does, but this is the first offseason I have become supremely annoyed. Yes I know we were in the final four last year, and probably would of beat Michigan had JB put the ball in Triches hands over MCW sooner, but this years flameout rubbed me the wrong way.

There is no way with the talent and coaching we have that we should have lost four times in ten years to double digit seeds. Yes I know Duke and Kansas have their upsets as well, but I'm frustrated.

Look at all the regular season wins and division titles the Philadelphia Eagles have put up the last 15 years. They pretty much have been the most consistent team in the NFC east in that time period and have zero titles to show for it, and then you have the giants who have won two titles barely getting in the playoffs.

Yes it's awesome to be consistent and good every year, and I bleed orange through and through, but unless we have more postseason success a big part of our fans are going to be frustrated, especially when our formal rival always seems to churn out mediocre regular seasons, but can catch lightning in a bottle for a couple weeks at a time.

For a second time in my lifetime I just want all the chips to fall into place for us. And yes let's be honest, the board wouldn't be nearly annoyed about syracuse losing early, if Michigan state was playing Kentucky instead o .

I hear you. For the past few years I've had a nagging suspicion that we have adopted a system for piling up regular season wins at the expense of late season success. It's the combination of short bench and playing nothing but zone, and yeah, I'm a heretic I guess but I put that on JB. I don't want him to go. I want him to change but I don't suspect he will. So until either of those happens I guess we can look forward to more 25-0 t-shirts, which is nice.