Reality check...U-Con has put in place a better system | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Reality check...U-Con has put in place a better system

Buster Onley (sp) wrote a book a number of years back. the last day of the Yankee Dynasty. Someday, someone will write a book about the last run of the Huskies. IT will be a bittersweet tale. I migh even cry. I know marsh will.
You are obviously very envious of their success this year. Give them their due. They've had a great year. We'll continue to play the same zone, run the same offensive schemes, play a seven man rotation , etc. Maybe we'll make it to another final four next decade.

Cuse Action said:
You are obviously very envious of their success this year. Give them their due. They've had a great year. We'll continue to play the same zone, run the same offensive schemes, play a seven man rotation , etc. Maybe we'll make it to another final four next decade.

And we'll keep winning games and getting into position to be a F4 team. 2013 we were a F4 team. 2012 we were positioned to be a F4 team until Fab was booted. In 2010, we were in position to be a F4 team until AO's injury. Sheet happens. We don't, but could just as easily have had 3 F4's in the last 5 years along with the huge number of wins.

they finished 4th or so in the AAC. They didn't have a great season. they have had a hot run in the NCAA. Good for them. But don't make it out to more than that.

And in the end, that is what UConn fans can't stand. We moved on the a better place and if they don't, they will be ruined. When we talk about mid major, yes it is a dig, but long term, it's also true. A hot run in the tourney this year doesn't change that.

if you would tell me i could have 4 National titles (if they win Monday) in my lifetime I would make that trade in an instant.

i'd be set for life

Because they are focused on college and realize that the nba will always be there for them.

dude give it a rest. stop whining about our guys leaving early. that's big boy basketball. if you want to bring in top recruits you better be ready for them to bolt after a year or 2. this isn't just a syracuse problem. this is a national problem. if we want to keep recruiting studs then you gotta find a way to maximize their talents in the 1 or 2 years you have them. it's that simple.

And we'll keep winning games and getting into position to be a F4 team. 2013 we were a F4 team. 2012 we were positioned to be a F4 team until Fab was booted. In 2010, we were in position to be a F4 team until AO's injury. Sheet happens. We don't, but could just as easily have had 3 F4's in the last 5 years along with the huge number of wins.
And win a nc once every 38 years,
they finished 4th or so in the AAC. They didn't have a great season. they have had a hot run in the NCAA. Good for them. But don't make it out to more than that.
Right, their fans really care where they finished in the regular season. After it became clear that we wouldn't win the ACC regular season, who cared that much where we finished? Did it mater that much if we were a three or four seed in the tournament? UCONN has had a great season. Your downplaying what they've done, especially with a first year head coach is silly.

Last edited:
And win a nc once every 38 years,

Right, their fans really care where they finished in the regular season. After it became clear that we wouldn't win the ACC regular season, who cared that much where we finished? Did it mater that much if we were a three or four seed in the tournament? UCONN has had a great season. Your downplaying what they've done, especially with a first year head coach is silly.
First, Ollie isn't a first year head coach. Know your facts. There is a very narrow margin between winning and losing at times.

Oh look, another one of those threads.

Boeheim
Hop
Ennis
Grant
Fair
Cooney
Keita

Did I miss anyone?
Wellll this is a Syracuse Basketball board and those are significant contributors to the basketball team

Wellll this is a Syracuse Basketball board and those are significant contributors to the basketball team

Who have all been ripped in multiple threads.

First, Ollie isn't a first year head coach. Know your facts. There is a very narrow margin between winning and losing at times.
Sorry, what is he a second year head coach?

because the coaches and players are not above criticism...

nobody's ripping on anyone, at least from what i've seen, it's all just been criticism.

I'm not sure UCONN has the better system, but the better luck for sure. We all know we should have 1-2 more championships than we do now. Syracuse hands down gets the better recruits, has the better facilities and the better exposure. JB has earned his right to stay as long as he wants. I'm starting to change my opinion that he should stay here longer. I respect his legacy a ton, but for the program, I believe it is time for Hop or another strong coach to step in and begin a new era. We can expect our kids to leave sooner than UCONN because of the difference in talent level. We are very lucky to be fans of such a special program. Everyone points to the 2016 season as being a monster. Let's hope some kids decide to come back so we can send Boeheim out on top like he deserves. One last chance to play for JB might be enough to sway some of our kids staying that exra year.

So when UK goes to championships its because Cal is slimy and has a stable of "succeed and proceeds" and when UConn goes its because they have program guys that have 3+ years experience.

Syracuse must be that 1/350 programs that is in that magical zone of having just elite enough players to have little impact but can go to the NBA. Pretty strange considering we'll have multiple draft picks and several seniors on this year's team, one of which was All-ACC.

If Boeheim can't handle the criticism on Syracusefan.com, I will take his job and the multi-million dollar salary with it. Now I know why Cooney can't shoot for his life - he must get sad after he reads about himself on the internet.

Quazzum69 said:
So when UK goes to championships its because Cal is slimy and has a stable of "succeed and proceeds" and when UConn goes its because they have program guys that have 3+ years experience. Syracuse must be that 1/350 programs that is in that magical zone of having just elite enough players to have little impact but can go to the NBA. Pretty strange considering we'll have multiple draft picks and several seniors on this year's team, one of which was All-ACC. If Boeheim can't handle the criticism on Syracusefan.com, I will take his job and the multi-million dollar salary with it. Now I know why Cooney can't shoot for his life - he must get sad after he reads about himself on the internet.

No offense - but your 1st paragraph is exactly the point. You did forget that they were Calhoun's recruits. But overall a spot on take (though I think you meant it the other way).

I'm not sure UCONN has the better system, but the better luck for sure. We all know we should have 1-2 more championships than we do now. Syracuse hands down gets the better recruits, has the better facilities and the better exposure. JB has earned his right to stay as long as he wants. I'm starting to change my opinion that he should stay here longer. I respect his legacy a ton, but for the program, I believe it is time for Hop or another strong coach to step in and begin a new era. We can expect our kids to leave sooner than UCONN because of the difference in talent level. We are very lucky to be fans of such a special program. Everyone points to the 2016 season as being a monster. Let's hope some kids decide to come back so we can send Boeheim out on top like he deserves. One last chance to play for JB might be enough to sway some of our kids staying that exra year.

Holy shot

We just to a final four LAST YEAR. But now JB should stOp and hand it over to Mr Zero career wins.

The extent to which the pendulum has swung over the last couple months is insane.

Holy shot

We just to a final four LAST YEAR. But now JB should stOp and hand it over to Mr Zero career wins.

The extent to which the pendulum has swung over the last couple months is insane.

It is concerning that we've been to three elite eights since 1996 and two final fours - once, we had Carmelo Anthony and last year we had the current NBA rookie leader in points, assists, rebounds and steals (yet he wasn't good enough to play as a freshman just two years ago).

Let me repeat that: MCW leads all rookies in points, assists, rebounds and steals. We all know Carmelo.

People need to realize that JB's not leading us to the promised land unless he has a Carmelo/MCW type talent.

Quazzum69 said:
It is concerning that we've been to three elite eights since 1996 and two final fours - once, we had Carmelo Anthony and last year we had the current NBA rookie leader in points, assists, rebounds and steals (yet he wasn't good enough to play as a freshman just two years ago). Let me repeat that: MCW leads all rookies in points, assists, rebounds and steals. We all know Carmelo. People need to realize that JB's not leading us to the promised land unless he has a Carmelo/MCW type talent.

Kudos to MCW, but he didn't play that way last year.

It is concerning that we've been to three elite eights since 1996 and two final fours - once, we had Carmelo Anthony and last year we had the current NBA rookie leader in points, assists, rebounds and steals (yet he wasn't good enough to play as a freshman just two years ago).

Let me repeat that: MCW leads all rookies in points, assists, rebounds and steals. We all know Carmelo.

People need to realize that JB's not leading us to the promised land unless he has a Carmelo/MCW type talent.

Do you have a point?

Just to be clear. .. it's only been the last two where is become time to put all our eggs in the Mike Hopkins basket.

BecAuse no one wanted that in February.

Just to be clear. .. it's only been the last two where is become time to put all our eggs in the Mike Hopkins basket.

BecAuse no one wanted that in February.

Much of this is desperation and frustration talking ... not logical thought.

It's why the second string QB is always the most popular guy on the team when things aren't going well.