Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we go 7-5 is that really what our program is going to get excited about forever? When do we start to look forward to top 25 finishes? Top 15 finishes? Playoffs? 7-5 isn't bad by any means but when do we go for the Gold medal instead of settling for a bronze or worse?

I don't think he's an awful coach and I did like the hire or Rocky Long. But with the playoffs expanding to 12 teams can we find someone who can get us into playoff contention? Lanning was out there..
Let’s try doing it twice in a row before we worry about is it good enough “forever”

Oh it was absolutely near. We threw three stupid Hail Marys. No time off the clock. Then kicked it. No points. They get the ball and have all the time they need from mid field to score 7. Should have run three times, used the clock, access where we are on fourth down and either take the full clock to punt or attempt the fg IF we didn’t get the first down. Then they get the ball with what? A minute left in the half deep in their own zone. Changes the entire dynamic into the second half
Who threw the ball? The same Shrader that has zero touch on passes. All day, the commentary said that he needs to give them a chance. The FG did not have the impact on the game that you think it did. That second fumble on the toss was an automatic TD. Starting the game down 14 had a bigger impact than anything else. This is a Shrader and Beck loss.

Hey if people are happy with 7-5 not beating anybody decent by all means enjoy it is what it is. Clemson by all accounts they aren’t that great
They aren't as elite as some of those recent national title teams, but they're still VERY good. They beat FSU last week if they make a dead on 29 yard field goal. They aren't fortunate like the Baltimore Ravens and SU who both have kickers who can nail 57 yarders.

From what I saw Dino didn't fumble or throw a pick. It's on the players.
Dino's weird and desperate decision to go for a 57 yard field goal w 3 minutes left in the 1st gave Clemson a TD and nearly gave them 10 points.

Would be nice if he spoke up to the refs about his QB, who was targeted.

This is squarely on Shrader's 1st quarter play, but Dino did not help.

Dino's weird and desperate decision to go for a 57 yard field goal w 3 minutes left in the 1st gave Clemson a TD and nearly gave them 10 points.

Would be nice if he spoke up to the refs about his QB, who was targeted.

This is squarely on Shrader's 1st quarter play, but Dino did not help.
The 57 yarder was not a bad choice. Waiting to give the green light was. He has the leg just not when he’s rushed

Miscues, penalties, undisciplined play, a 57-yard FG attempt.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

White knuckling to a 6-6 record - maybe.

Nice face of the program but it’s the same song and dance every year.

Eh, maybe he's not. But two turnovers in the 1st Q against a team like Clemson is like suicide.
And then we hung in there pretty well for a while.

We got clearly jobbed on a couple calls to make sure Clemson would win if it was close.

But at the end of the day, after we let them get up 14 points, we were just playing to keep it close.
We never honestly threatened them. We stayed "kinda" close, but not really. It was like classic JB (good) basketball teams managing a lead as the clock wound down.

UNC is still beatable next week. Their defense is not that great, and I feel like our offense is getting better. Make no mistake, Clemson has some serious players.

Win that game, and avoid major injuries, and this team could still win 9 regular season games. I truly believe that.

We played Clemson more than even for stretches of that game but they already had a sufficient working margin, thanks to the early turnovers.

This was an extremely bad loss. We bad our best players making terrible, bone headed penalties, which isn't a surprise if anyone watched the last 8 years. Turnovers, head scratching game management and penalties are almost a certainty when watching SU football. I don't understand when Dino answers that it's expected the kids are playing hard. I’m calling BS. You watch the best teams in the country and you NEVER see the consistency of stupid penalties that we make. Then 3rd and long killed us the entire game. We dropped 8 almost every single time and still they made the play. I love Shrader but this was easily his worst game. How many times are you going to throw the ball out of bounds not giving your tall WR’s a chance to make the play! There is plenty of blame to go around. Offense, defense, coaching, but the most important penalties and turnovers. Turnovers can be fixed, but we’ve watched turnovers for year's that are never addressed.

I really think we are a lot better than this but was extremely disappointed in our performance all around. And we wonder why casuals don't go to big games.

Hey if people are happy with 7-5 not beating anybody decent by all means enjoy it is what it is. Clemson by all accounts they aren’t that great
It’s like an nba team who sneaks in as an 7th or 8th seed every year, you’re not winning anything, burn it down and try and start from scratch, it’s not getting better.

From what I saw Dino didn't fumble or throw a pick. It's on the players.
No but he made the stupid call on the 57 yard field goal try when kid never tried from that distance before and he didn't challenge calls on Alford's foot in bounds and the backward pass. Baber makes more questionable calls year in and year out than and coach we have had.

I'm taking a break from this board for the weekend. This team has a ceiling of 8/9 wins. They will be going to a bowl game barring some situation where they drop 7/8 or 8/8 of the remaining games. Going to a bowl game in two consecutive seasons will give Babers breathing room. Some of you need to relax and pick some apples.

No but he made the stupid call on the 57 yard field goal try when kid never tried from that distance before and he didn't challenge calls on Alford's foot in bounds and the backward pass. Baber makes more questionable calls year in and year out than and coach we have had.
That has to come from upstairs. He can't challenge. There is no red flag at this level.

Chalk this up to the missed opportunity that it was. We laid an egg when we had a golden opportunity. And the 57 yard fg choice was terrible with 3:32 left in the half down a score. Even if you make it, still down a score and the likelihood of making it is slim at best.

If you don’t think that the shift in energy was palpable in the dome because of how that played out, you weren’t there. Fight to keep it one score and make a stop to start the 2nd after adjustments.

The energy was great to start that game. Then You blink and it’s 14-0. We pissed one away. The student section was literally still filling in.

Clemson is not nearly as strong this year and I think outside of FSU we can beat anyone on our schedule. Turn the page, but don’t forget. You only get so many of these chances in your career, and the track record is sub par. Dino needs to be better than he was today.

I'm taking a break from this board for the weekend. This team has a ceiling of 8/9 wins. They will be going to a bowl game barring some situation where they drop 7/8 or 8/8 of the remaining games. Going to a bowl game in two consecutive seasons will give Babers breathing room. Some of you need to relax and pick some apples.

That has to come from upstairs. He can't challenge. There is no red flag at this level.
Agree, we aren’t great but we are better than our final 5 opponents, so let’s get to 7-8 wins please. The frustrating part is watching a team like Duke, who clearly is much more disciplined than we are and it starts with Elko. I think what Dino beings can keep us going to bowls but he also holds us back too.

8 years is more than enough time. Dino has proven that he can't recruit on a high level. He doesn't even go after high level players, take a look at who Red targets on the basketball side vs the players Dino targets.
If we want a coach that hasn't managed to establish quarterback depth or any position depth in 8 years, Dino's your guy.
If you want a coach whose players commit the same foolish penalties year after year, Dino's your guy.
Dino has proven that he is not a good coach or recruiter. TD was Dino's biggest recruit and look how that turned out. TD played fine under another coach.
Our record is padded with paper tigers. 6 or 7 wins is BS when half of them are against teams like Colgate.

I don't care how "likeable" Dino is, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

And if you take out the cupcake games, he’s one of the worst coaches in football

Exactly that's when it matters. It should be a given to blow out a powder puff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom