Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to confirm...and I’ll want to listen for complete context, but are you saying Down 14-7 on the 40 with 3 mins left after 3 deep throws that were incomplete and he said he kicked a fg because he wanted to give the kicker a chance at the dome record? Can you confirm that? Because if so, that’s a fireable offense

Does Denaburg routinely makes 60 yard FGs in practice every day? (This is a rhetorical question since nobody in the media watches practice).

We know the kid has a leg on kickoffs. His accuracy in the Spring Game was shaky potatoes, though.

If Denaburg told Dino that he's good from 59, why not take the points.

The 57 yarder was not a bad choice. Waiting to give the green light was. He has the leg just not when he’s rushed

Missing the 57yd field goal, which is a very high probability, is the same as going for it on fourth down and throwing an incomplete. I would rather have run a fake field-goal, than trying a 57 yarder, especially the way in which we did it, gimmicky. utterly stupid. We should have just gone for it on fourth.

Last edited:
Missing the field goal, which is a very high probability, is the same as going for it on fourth down and throwing an incomplete. I would rather have run a fake field-goal, rather than trying a 57 yarder, especially the way in which we did it, gimmicky. utterly stupid. We should have just gone for it on fourth.
4th and 9 probably has the same chance of success as a 57 yard field goal.

Sales/recruiting doesn't begin until the first 'no'. We used to get good players here, the only difference is the last couple of coaches.
Well, that plus the rise of other schools, the dismal amount of talent in the North East, the move of talent to the south, the awful fan support, etc. but yeah, the coaches too

Most of that is on Shrader. You can continuously throw the ball out of bounds and blame it on Alford and Hatcher.
His throws are awful, I’m not excusing him.

But watch Alford and Hatcher line up on the yard numbers and end up tiptoeing the sideline 10 yards into the route.

Missing the field goal, which is a very high probability, is the same as going for it on fourth down and throwing an incomplete. I would rather have run a fake field-goal, rather than trying a 57 yarder, especially the way in which we did it, gimmicky. utterly stupid. We should have just gone for it on fourth.
The problem is he probably would have punted. I’d rather kick the fg than punt. You’re all assuming we would have gone for it lol

Does Denaburg routinely makes 60 yard FGs in practice every day? (This is a rhetorical question since nobody in the media watches practice).

We know the kid has a leg on kickoffs. His accuracy in the Spring Game was shaky potatoes, though.

If Denaburg told Dino that he's good from 59, why not take the points.

Because it’s the second quarter with three mins left and getting to a 4 pt game means nothing and missing gives the opposition team great field position to score before half and, oh by the way, they get the ball first out of half .

Miscues, penalties, undisciplined play, a 57-yard FG attempt.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

White knuckling to a 6-6 record - maybe.

Nice face of the program but it’s the same song and dance every year.
One of the dumbest posts that I've seen on this board in a while. I get that people are disappointed, but Jesus.

White knuckling 6-6?

Put your money where your mouth is. Name the bet.

7-5 at best and I’ll put money on it.
IM me.

I'll be happy to take your money.

So tired of this self-loathing around here.

It was a lousy performance against a team that most had in the top 10 at the beginning of the year. Disappointing, absolutely. But not the sky is falling debacle summer making it out to be. Howzabout not get wrapping them 14 points at the start of the game?

The problem is he probably would have punted. I’d rather kick the fg than punt. You’re all assuming we would have gone for it lol

At the 40 yard line you either punt or go for it, a 57 yard fg is dumb. But if you are going to do it, then do it, not line up in a punt formation, and then run into the fg. What was the deception for?

Simple fact is when you play teams that are top to bottom more skilled you can't make mistakes and win.

Dino's team is consistently undisciplined. That means they'll make mistakes that make it hard to win against superior opponents.

It isn't more complicated than that.

Exactly.

Moreover, playing a very weak early season schedule (same as last year) hides the substantial weaknesses and flaws the team has which contributes to a smoke & mirrors type effect record. Additionally, the mistakes, miscues, etc. that happen when the opponent isn’t so inferior is often due to the fact that the talent level you are now playing is a significant contributing factor. It’s cause and effect in nature, and, IMO, not surprising in the least watching how things play out with Dino at the helm.

Dino’s peer/ACC record is, in all honesty, darn right putrid. Especially, when considering how relatively mediocre the conference (sans Clemson) has been during his entire tenure at SU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.