Really nice Donte Greene article | Syracusefan.com

Really nice Donte Greene article

Yeah, he really struggled out there. Too bad. :(

I'm sure Donte is a very nice guy, and he has a BIG personality, but they would have been better served starting Fair and Southerland, and having Donte come off the bench. Donte forced way too many shots, when he should have just stuck to basics and played closer to the hoop.

BTW, Rick Jackson was in terrible shape and also did not play well. They could have really used Baye Keita to play with Riley at center. Triche was terrific, and of course Devo was amazing. Like he was at SU, I thought Gillen tried to play a little too fast. Next year, I would leave out Donte if he can't accept a minor role and try to get somebody like Lydon and Gbinije to join in.

I'm sure Donte is a very nice guy, and he has a BIG personality, but they would have been better served starting Fair and Southerland, and having Donte come off the bench. Donte forced way too many shots, when he should have just stuck to basics and played closer to the hoop.

BTW, Rick Jackson was in terrible shape and also did not play well. They could have really used Baye Keita to play with Riley at center. Triche was terrific, and of course Devo was amazing. Like he was at SU, I thought Gillen tried to play a little too fast. Next year, I would leave out Donte if he can't accept a minor role and try to get somebody like Lydon and Gbinije to join in.

Agree with the rest of your post but the Nuggets won't let Lydon play in something like this. They would be crazy to risk anything.

Yeah, I thought Rick and Donte were the two weakest links by far. Burrell on OE looked WAY better than Rick. Oh well.

Agree with the rest of your post but the Nuggets won't let Lydon play in something like this. They would be crazy to risk anything.

Lydon might wind up in the D League or getting waived. We'll see.

Lydon might wind up in the D League or getting waived. We'll see.

He's signed to a standard rookie contract with 2 years guaranteed with options on 2 more years. Might play in the D League but he would still be property of the Nuggets. Unless he does something horrible off the court, he won't get waived after one year. Let me put it like this - I will save this thread link in my favorites. If Tyler Lydon is anywhere near a TBT team next year, I will come back and eat some fantastic crow.

Gbinije is a perfect fit. He's versatile, can handle the ball, can play the wing if they go small but can also play up top.

Gbinije & a guy like Christmas or even Baye to be honest, along with Triche, would be great.

Was really disappointed with Fair & Southerland. Thought those two guys with their experiences would have improved. I know Southerland got hot and was the main reason they made the team made the Final Four, but he is so maddeningly inconsistent.

Kris Joseph would be a great fit, too. Not sure what he thinks of the idea...

Kris Jo or Gbinije would be a nice add. Both guys can slash and finish at the hoop.

Onauku, Christmas, Paul Harris, Jonny Flynn, KJ, Gbinije, Rautins, Scoop....Dontae is horrible, always has been overrated and has low basketball IQ. Jackson has hands of stone same flaws he had in college. Need better centers and a PG...

Thought Devo, James, Triche, Fair, Cooney, Gillon were all decent.

Onauku, Christmas, Paul Harris, Jonny Flynn, KJ, Gbinije, Rautins, Scoop...Dontae is horrible, always has been overrated and has low basketball IQ. Jackson has hands of stone same flaws he had in college. Need better centers and a PG...

Thought Devo, James, Triche, Fair, Cooney, Gillon were all decent.

Yeah, can't help but agree on Greene. He's a top candidate for me for least favorite Orange.

Next year drop, Greene gillion and Jackson and add rautins, rak, and either kjo/G

And honestly wouldn't mind see Jonny get a shot. I know he's playing professionally in China or Japan I believe and saw some of his highlight and he looked good.

He's signed to a standard rookie contract with 2 years guaranteed with options on 2 more years. Might play in the D League but he would still be property of the Nuggets. Unless he does something horrible off the court, he won't get waived after one year. Let me put it like this - I will save this thread link in my favorites. If Tyler Lydon is anywhere near a TBT team next year, I will come back and eat some fantastic crow.

Yeah, you're right. Year after next, then.

Yeah, can't help but agree on Greene. He's a top candidate for me for least favorite Orange.

Same. And I feel bad saying that, because he does seem like a good guy and I believe he went through some tragedies as a kid. I wish him the best. His shot selection and defense have always driven me nuts though.

Same. And I feel bad saying that, because he does seem like a good guy and I believe he went through some tragedies as a kid. I wish him the best. His shot selection and defense have always driven me nuts though.

As a person, he seems delightful.

As a player, pretty difficult to like Donte's game. Hopefully this summer league business finally puts to rest the silly canard that 2008 Donte was furthering the team's best interests by taking ridiculous perimeter shots because injuries left that as the best option. He is what he's always been, a tall and skilled player without a lot of discretion or court sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom