Reasons why the acc network sucks | Syracusefan.com

Reasons why the acc network sucks

Brando is and always has been awful, at least with hoops. We're talking Mike Patrick awful
Oh Lord

I'm not 100% sure he was even watching the game tonight, at least not in the first half. He was screaming about the "bank being open" for like 5 minutes when it wasn't even a bank shot.

Game wasn't on TV in Charlotte and my ESPN app on the XBOX One was terrible. From about the 16:00 mark in the first half all the way through I watched the game on my iPhone 5s. First time I've ever done that.

So you can't watch a game on the "ACC network" an hour and a half away from ACC headquarters?

tumblr_mthlrkGgW01sj3oxho1_400.gif

So you can't watch a game on the "ACC network" an hour and a half away from ACC headquarters?

Apparently not. The ACC Network actually has studios about 15 minutes away. Did some freelance work in the same building as them (NASCAR Hall of Fame).

Apparently not. The ACC Network actually has studios about 15 minutes away. Did some freelance work in the same building as them (NASCAR Hall of Fame).
It was covering Wake-Klimpson in that area. They've always had "split coverage" schedules on the network during bball season, even going back to the 70s.

I like Brando
he's fine as a CFB guy and studio guy - but he just shouldn't be doing hoops - he can barely keep up, is too interested in his little catch phrases (iron unkind :vomit:) and is one of those PbP guys who neglects to provide rudimentary information on the game that the viewer could use such as foul status and other stats - and being an tobacco road shill doesn't help his cause either

I like Brando

I just posted that same sentiment in another thread before seeing this one. Brando is a pro who knows how to call a game. He's a real good get for the ACCN. I like the Brando-Gminski team. They seem to like each other and give each other space to work. And Gminski knows the game and can explain it but doesn't overpower the broadcast. It's a good fit.

I just posted that same sentiment in another thread before seeing this one. Brando is a pro who knows how to call a game. He's a real good get for the ACCN. I like the Brando-Gminski team. They seem to like each other and give each other space to work. And Gminski knows the game and can explain it but doesn't overpower the broadcast. It's a good fit.

Gminski was painfully awkward to watch and listen to while interviewing G and JB post-game. Very amateurish and uncomfortable. Loved JB's comment (joking around of course) at the end saying he's happy the suspension is over so he doesn't have to listen to him call games anymore.

Gminski was painfully awkward to watch and listen to while interviewing G and JB post-game. Very amateurish and uncomfortable. Loved JB's comment (joking around of course) at the end saying he's happy the suspension is over so he doesn't have to listen to him call games anymore.

I agree that he looked nervous on camera, which is weird. His microphone hand was shaking like crazy. That could've been nerves but I guess it could have also been Parkinson's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom