Recruit South Florida! | Syracusefan.com

Recruit South Florida!

BEAR'S DAD

Walk On
Dade County is number one with players in the NFL in the nation & Broward County is number three.

***THERE WERE FOUR PLAYERS FROM BROWARD COUNTY TAKEN IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT LAST YEAR!

*Nick Monroe is an excellent recruiter.

It would really be nice if we can get an additional coach to Tag Team with Monroe and double down on South Florida because the numbers speak for themselves!

Use the title "Football Analyst" like Bama does & add a solid guy from Miami (e.g. Telly Lockett or Devin Bush Sr.) to our staff & we'll be playing in the college playoffs in 3yrs. FACT!

Those two guys are connected to the streets & can get us the gamebreakers we will NEVER get otherwise. Fact!

Plus their former players are coaches at the schools with the 4 & 5 star players.

It's a no brainer...THE #'s DON'T LIE!!

Gilbert already has Florida connects right?

Considering all indications are that this poster is the father of a Cuse player who is from Florida, yes. Yes we do.

I understand but the title is recruit South Florida which I thought we already did anyway, but yes we can always use more talent in that area.

The coaches don't recruit just one area. Monroe recruits Florida and NYC. The same for the other coaches. Florida isn't just Monroe's recruiting territory but more likely where he has more connections. Lustig was the first SU coach down to IMG to welcome Acosta to his new job.

Yes I'm Bear's Dad.

What "people" think we do & what we do are totally different.

I can name 70 signees who are the kids of my former college teammates, RELATIVES, or childhood friends whose kids "could've been Cuse (in my opinion) with only 27 of them being 3 star athletes - the rest ARE 4 & 5 STARS.

For example, Bryan, Steven, Larry, Manny, & Demorie signed with FSU (all 4⭐) 2020 signees. I've know them & their parents since they were kids.

My college teammates son is #15 in the nation at his position. My cousins son is #1 in the nation @ his position and my homeboy's son is #3 in the nation at his position for 2021.

However, I've learned since Bear signed in 2016 to ONLY help coaches when asked, because I'm NOT going to sever a family tie or lifelong friendship over miscommunication...because the reality is some coaches ARE afraid of "CERTAIN KIDS" when they know that kid sees right through them; so they don't recruit them as hard as they should.

Which is why I suggested to hire someone from South Florida (e.g. Telly Lockett, or Devin Bush Sr.) to mitigate missed opportunities on athletes from this area.

It's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

If Miami Dade is #1 producing players in the NFL and Broward County is #3; You don't need to set up a regression analysis formula to figure that out. What we need to do is double down and build quality depth off the NFL'S pipeline of future players.

Look - Brian Burns & Nick Bosa both went first round last year in the draft & there were 3 other Defensive ends who were better than they were in high school who weren't even ranked coming out of high school in Ft. Lauderdale (and sadly - didn't even sign football scholarships).

We will be fine though, because Babers
adapts well & will make the necessary adjustments. That new coach at Louisville smothered South Florida & Clemson has quadrupled their brand here so I'm certain Coach Babers will adjust & dominate eventually - once we get that EXTRA South Florida "PLUG".

I’d love to land a big time S Fl recruiter. Sadly, most things that I’d love to have happen, don’t. It’s my curse. Unfortunately, for all of you here, I love the Cuse. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Dade County is number one with players in the NFL in the nation & Broward County is number three.

***THERE WERE FOUR PLAYERS FROM BROWARD COUNTY TAKEN IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT LAST YEAR!

*Nick Monroe is an excellent recruiter.

It would really be nice if we can get an additional coach to Tag Team with Monroe and double down on South Florida because the numbers speak for themselves!

Use the title "Football Analyst" like Bama does & add a solid guy from Miami (e.g. Telly Lockett or Devin Bush Sr.) to our staff & we'll be playing in the college playoffs in 3yrs. FACT!

Those two guys are connected to the streets & can get us the gamebreakers we will NEVER get otherwise. Fact!

Plus their former players are coaches at the schools with the 4 & 5 star players.

It's a no brainer...THE #'s DON'T LIE!!
I hope the coaches read this forum and figure out that's a good place to recruit.

Yes I'm Bear's Dad.

I can name 70 signees who are the kids of my former college teammates, RELATIVES, or childhood friends whose kids "could've been Cuse (in my opinion) with only 27 of them being 3 star athletes - the rest ARE 4 & 5 STARS.

For example, Bryan, Steven, Larry, Manny, & Demorie signed with FSU (all 4⭐) 2020 signees. I've know them & their parents since they were kids.

My college teammates son is #15 in the nation at his position. My cousins son is #1 in the nation @ his position and my homeboy's son is #3 in the nation at his position for 2021.

However, I've learned since Bear signed in 2016 to ONLY help coaches when asked, because I'm NOT going to sever a family tie or lifelong friendship over miscommunication...because the reality is some coaches ARE afraid of "CERTAIN KIDS" when they know that kid sees right through them; so they don't recruit them as hard as they should.

Which is why I suggested to hire someone from South Florida (e.g. Telly Lockett, or Devin Bush Sr.) to mitigate missed opportunities on athletes from this area.

It's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

If Miami Dade is #1 producing players in the NFL and Broward County is #3; You don't need to set up a regression analysis formula to figure that out. What we need to do is double down and build quality depth off the NFL'S pipeline of future players.

Look - Brian Burns & Nick Bosa both went first round last year in the draft & there were 3 other Defensive ends who were better than they were in high school who weren't even ranked coming out of high school in Ft. Lauderdale (and sadly - didn't even sign football scholarships).

adapts well & will make the necessary adjustments. That new coach at Louisville smothered South Florida & Clemson has quadrupled their brand here so I'm certain Coach Babers will adjust & dominate eventually - once we get that EXTRA South Florida "PLUG".
You had me at "regression analysis formula". Couldn't we just hire you? :)

We found our next recruiting guru. Where are the bagmen to pay him to be our new recruiter

I will also add I love the username sir.

Yes I'm Bear's Dad.

It's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Great points. We really could have had a chance with some of them Kids? I wonder if we are afraid of them not showing us interest. As a coach I would wanna know everyone that u or any other kids parent might know especially if it gets our hat in the door. Damn. Recruiting is truly about relationships. Best way is if u know a guy whose kid is a stud. To me communication would be easy. Hi Mr. Williams, do u think such and such may be interested in us at all if we started recruiting them. U knowing these kids or their parents could get a quick answer yes or no without even talking to the kid yet so we wouldn’t be wasting anytime or energy. Super simple to me at least. As a coach, I would talk to every parent on my team just to see who knows who. 99% of them want their kids on a better team and would do anything to help. P.s. I think ur kid is gonna kick ars this year. Good luck

You had me at "regression analysis formula". Couldn't we just hire you? :)

I stopped recruiting when I stopped coaching @ Plantation American Heritage when Sony Michel, Brian Burns Jr. (I grew up with Brian Sr. His dad) enrolled, because I wanted to focus on Bear. & The ONLY reason Bear wouldn't attend AHP was because he wanted to go to Dillard where my dad (his grandfather) was a star RB & Track Athlete.

Fudge is the MOST CONNECTED person as it relates to high school football athletes.

Here's Why:

He recruits Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, & Miami for little league parks, LITERALLY knows ALL the judges, knows players & parents since elementary, deeply entrenched in the juvenile justice system, can have ANYONE arrested or freed on his phone call (albeit he's NOT a law enforcement officer), calls & checks on parents & kids quarterly to make sure they are OK.

Those 4 & 5 star kids ARE gonna sign wherever Fudge "suggest" they sign especially since Fudge "PROBABLY" kept those kids (and often times their PARENTS) on this side of the fence. wink wink

*** Rappers & former NFL players respect him, because he won't take any $. He does it because he wants to help people.

Fudge said he gets his pay when he sees kids from South Florida play on TV.

I'm Glad I had the opportunity to coach him in the early 90's at Plantation American Heritage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great points. We really could have had a chance with some of them Kids? I wonder if we are afraid of them not showing us interest. As a coach I would wanna know everyone that u or any other kids parent might know especially if it gets our hat in the door. Damn. Recruiting is truly about relationships. Best way is if u know a guy whose kid is a stud. To me communication would be easy. Hi Mr. Williams, do u think such and such may be interested in us at all if we started recruiting them. U knowing these kids or their parents could get a quick answer yes or no without even talking to the kid yet so we wouldn’t be wasting anytime or energy. Super simple to me at least. As a coach, I would talk to every parent on my team just to see who knows who. 99% of them want their kids on a better team and would do anything to help. P.s. I think ur kid is gonna kick ars this year. Good luck

Well Thank U Sir,

Once Bear graduates I'll get back in it. I still calls from a few College coaches & help WHEN ASKED. Like I said; I'm NOT going risk severing a family relationship or friendships over miscommunication. Been there done that.

Last episode was "Main Man" NayQuan Wright #16 RB in 2019 & "Lil Cam" Camron Harris #7 RB in 2018

Glass had Nayquan & My brother trained Lil Cam since elementary & was VERY close with his mom, but when I'm told via third party we don't need help recruiting I respectfully backed off.

When BEAR graduates I may get back in the game.

As a former student government association president of a historically black University and a majority white University in South Florida trust me I know how to connect with students!

In fact, I had the largest student protest in the history of the State of Florida when they wanted to cut the Pell Grant...over 200,000 students clamped down in Tallahassee.
In 2000 The CIA Clandestine Service offered me a job. The only reason I didn't take the job was because they said I couldn't have any contact with anyone (including my family) until after I retired. Bear was only 2yrs. old then. They said I was doing things they train agents 15 to 20 years to do and I was doing it with no training. Of course, I didn't know what they were talking about.lol

I was very good at what I used to do...So yeah - indirectly infusing our roster with 4 & 5 star players is a cinch.

Text Me your # Coach & we can have a REAL CONVERSATION.

In short, Cuse will be fine.

I stopped recruiting when I stopped coaching @ Plantation American Heritage when Sony Michel, Brian Burns Jr. (I grew up with Brian Sr. His dad) enrolled, because I wanted to focus on Bear. & The ONLY reason Bear wouldn't attend AHP was because he wanted to go to Dillard where my dad (his grandfather) was a star RB & Track Athlete.

Fudge is the MOST CONNECTED person as it relates to high school football athletes.

Here's Why:

He recruits Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, & Miami for little league parks, LITERALLY knows ALL the judges, knows players & parents since elementary, deeply entrenched in the juvenile justice system, can have ANYONE arrested or freed on his phone call (albeit he's NOT a law enforcement officer), calls & checks on parents & kids quarterly to make sure they are OK.

Those 4 & 5 star kids ARE gonna sign wherever Fudge "suggest" they sign especially since Fudge "PROBABLY" kept those kids (and often times their PARENTS) on this side of the fence. wink wink

*** Rappers & former NFL players respect him, because he won't take any $. He does it because he wants to help people.

I'm Glad I had the opportunity to coach him in the early 90's at Plantation American Heritage.
Great points. Who is Fudge?

Here's Why:

Sad day for Dillard.

I would NOT talk to every parent. Parents likely only see those players which their sons are playing against or "camping" with. They don't have a handle on recruiting on a national level. Not to mention we have 85 scholarship players - you want 85-170 additional people putting their 2 cents in? I think the coaching staff has enough to do, and probably gets more "advice" from outside parties than they want/need.

With that said, I'm sure some Fathers & Mothers may truly know what they're talking about. Sounds like Bear's Dad played some cfb and has real connections. He's likely in the minority though. While his input may be valid & helpful, what happens when say - someone else's parents (oh, I don't know...let's use a random QB's Dad as an example ;) ) wants to stick their nose in and push for "Johnny Recruit," but we sign "Joe Recruit" instead, who was put forth by another parent. I think it would just open up a massive can of worms and do more harm than good. I could see a potential divide in the locker room. The last thing a team needs is more drama.