Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

I think he's just playing into the fact that neither have '22 commits yet.

Not sure who the Duke commit he's referencing is but it's NOT Spallina.

How do you know it’s not Spallina?

I think he's just playing into the fact that neither have '22 commits yet.

Not sure who the Duke commit he's referencing is but it's NOT Spallina.

Duke does have one three star who has committed. Think he's just trying to drum up excitement/engagement.

Duke does have one three star who has committed. Think he's just trying to drum up excitement/engagement.

Ya I think that first guy was taking a PG year which is why he noted todays committ was there first "true" 2022 commit. Seems over the top to me but whatever.

How many the 21s are 4*, do t believe we have any 5* in that class, and the 22s don’t have rankings yet correct?

How many the 21s are 4*, do t believe we have any 5* in that class, and the 22s don’t have rankings yet correct?
Syracuse has six 4* in 2021

1599763204614.png

The two 22s are not ranked (yet).

1599763225597.png

Last edited:
Let Ty know they need to update their site!

View attachment 187643

I don't disagree...but you gotta actually go into his evaluation to see his score given he was just scored on August 20. See below for eval.

Inside Lacrosse Evaluation.

85/100
August 31, 2020

OVERALL
4.50/5.00
SPEED
4.50/5.00
AGILITY
4.50/5.00
STRENGTH
4.25/5.00
IQ
4.50/5.00
HUSTLE
4.75/5.00
STICK
3.75/5.00
ON BALL DEFENSE
4.50/5.00
OFF BALL DEFENSE
4.25/5.00
SHOOTING
3.75/5.00
1V1 OFFENSE
3.50/5.00
OFF BALL OFFENSE
3.75/5.00

Notes
The first thing that jumps out is his speed. The second thing that jumps out is his willingness to stick his nose into every greasy situation. In addition to showing a fearlessness on the field, he brings the juice for his Hawks 22 team.

He projects as a high-end d-middie at the next level. He has the straight-line speed and lateral quickness to match feet with most dodgers, but I wonder whether he can body up with the biggest DI dodgers.

Had he committed under Hop's old staff it might not scare me much, but with John Grant Jr. working with that kid, I'd be slightly terrified.

Had he committed under Hop's old staff it might not scare me much, but with John Grant Jr. working with that kid, I'd be slightly terrified.
Agree, any recruit the higher the scarier working with Grant is scary.
Is Powell still working with JVille? Can’t remember if it was Casey or Ryan?

S
Agree, any recruit the higher the scarier working with Grant is scary.
Is Powell still working with JVille? Can’t remember if it was Casey or Ryan?

That was Casey and no he only did it for a year and it wasn't a great fit apparently.

Honestly if Grant is as good as the Hop fans keep saying I am not sure he will even be there by 2022. Could easily see a school offering him a full time gig.

Honestly if Grant is as good as the Hop fans keep saying I am not sure he will even be there by 2022. Could easily see a school offering him a full time gig.

I know very little about him as a coach (seemed to be helping Air Force get back on the right track, but was only there for one full season). All I meant was, if there is anyone on the planet who can help unlock the potential of a 6'4'' lefty Canadian scorer...it's prob John Grant Jr.

We shall certainly see, Hopkins has two big lefties on the roster this year with Williams and Grimes. Will be interesting to see what he can get out of Williams in particular who had digressed the last few years.

That said not every star player makes for a good coach - see Gretzky, Wayne in Phoenix.

Big get for Navy, 1st-Team All-Tournament at Elite Eight event run by IL