Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

I believe his current interests lie with...UVA and Duke.

Have heard the same, and would add Maryland, JHU, and UNC. Do not believe Syracuse is in play. But definitely should be for Berhman.

Darn. I was hoping we could’ve been in play here with him hailing from less than 2 hours away in Brockport. This kid’s been a stud on the summer circuit the last couple years. Top 25 talent in the class. There’s going to be some Upstate flavor in South Bend the next few years with him & ‘20 Burgmaster from Auburn, not to mention Lipka & our former verbal Parlette coming in this year.

Another Upstate kid. Believe he's from the Saratoga area. Don't think he played club in the Capital District. Seemed to make a name for himself with Nation United.

Mildly interesting that UVA, UNC, and ND have all been in on the top commits in the first week since 9/1, but Duke has not. I suppose if Spallina commits there that could open the floodgates and others will tag along. But I wonder if recruits are looking at Duke's roster and the guys they got coming in and saying it's just too crowded for me.

Also, is there a reason the ACC is making so much noise, but the Big Ten (Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State, Ohio State) has barely made a peep yet?

Mildly interesting that UVA, UNC, and ND have all been in on the top commits in the first week since 9/1, but Duke has not. I suppose if Spallina commits there that could open the floodgates and others will tag along. But I wonder if recruits are looking at Duke's roster and the guys they got coming in and saying it's just too crowded for me.

Also, is there a reason the ACC is making so much noise, but the Big Ten (Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State, Ohio State) has barely made a peep yet?

I feel like it’s hard to make any conclusion about the early recruiting results so far, except to say I’m surprised so many FOGOs have committed already. Kind of feels like a fantasy football draft when there is a run on a particular position.

Maybe some schools are waiting for the first big names to fall? I really wish we knew how schools were distributing scholarship money, I think that would really tell you who had a lot to work with and who might have to take a back seat.

Also, some schools might have tied a lot up in fifth year players and might not be able to offer much to this years class. Hopkins will have a big roster and not a lot of upperclassmen. Penn State brings back a lot of fifth year guys. Maryland brought in some high profile transfers (though so did ND and that hasn’t stopped them from getting a number of ‘22 commits).

As for Duke, they really don’t recruit large classes, so they may have $ still to offer to a Spallina. It’s really hard to tell without knowing the financials.

Beardsley vouching for Dillon Magee to go to SU. Number 14th ranked player.

If it's Kempney to PSU I'm gonna be sick. :vomit:

(I know that's an overreaction)

ND with 5 2022s committed already. 1 "5-Star" (Behrman) and 3 "4-Star" guys on the offensive end.

ND with 5 2022s committed already. 1 "5-Star" (Behrman) and 3 "4-Star" guys on the offensive end.

ND and UNC both very impressive hauls early. ND isn't know for early commits (in this new format ) and has done a good job in getting some high end targets. Of course now you have to actually keep all these guys in the fold which based on the last few years seems unlikely to happen.

No team has done less with more than Corrigan's Irish in recent years. (Well, maybe Hopkins, but that's why Petro is now out of a job). A top recruiting class every single year but no Final Fours since 2015 and just three tournament wins since then. In 2020 they were 2-3 and looking like they'd miss the NCAA tournament entirely. I wouldn't be too worried about this recruiting haul. He has not proven he's able to turn all that talent into a championship caliber team. And now without Byrne orchestrating the defense I'd expect a not insignificant drop-off in execution on that end of the field. In my eyes, the tougher ACC competition will remain three "southern schools"—UNC, UVA, and Duke.

Last edited: