Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

That was a McDonogh helmet haha. Wouldn't mind him coming to join Joey though of course View attachment 205324

Yup, his number looked like an S when I first watched it. Real good player, don't think he ends up here as he's a QB type and obviously that's where Spallina will be but interested to see where he goes.

Quite a momentous first day of commitments for 2023!
I thought Ty Xanders was going to give us the rest of his five stars, that would at least have given us something to chew on.

Yup, his number looked like an S when I first watched it. Real good player, don't think he ends up here as he's a QB type and obviously that's where Spallina will be but interested to see where he goes.
I agree he is more of a QB kind of player. However lots of other teams will have their QB's when he arrives on campus so I hope that he will at least visit and give us a fair shot. My gut is telling me UVA, Princeton, Duke and PSU are in the drivers seat on this one though.

I agree he is more of a QB kind of player. However lots of other teams will have their QB's when he arrives on campus so I hope that he will at least visit and give us a fair shot. My gut is telling me UVA, Princeton, Duke and PSU are in the drivers seat on this one though.

PSU or Princeton makes a lot of sense

I’ll go with Maryland strictly on the UA connection. Just like HS bball and the AAU shoe circuit.

There could even be a nice little NIL deal there.

SU has offered the Spallina bros from what I have heard (not surprising). Not sure on Gravino but if they are following there is at least some interest. SU has shied away from Victor a bit the last few years but there has been changes on both staffs.
My Director of Operations is Gravino’s Aunt.

PSU or Princeton makes a lot of sense

Curious, why Princeton? People are talking about the Brunswick middies going there (Delgado and Hoffman) at FanLax and they already have a five star committed in Tucker Wade. Surprised to see them linked to so many top kids I guess.

Is it just me or do the sunsets in Syracuse just hit a little bit different?
Unknown.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg
IMG_1687.jpeg

Curious, why Princeton? People are talking about the Brunswick middies going there (Delgado and Hoffman) at FanLax and they already have a five star committed in Tucker Wade. Surprised to see them linked to so many top kids I guess.

A couple reasons, the staff there did a good job before Covid shut it down offensively and they have big openings for elite offensively players who can step in to play right away as there isn't a lot in front of them. Doesn't mean the upper echelon will end up there though, lots of competition and PSU in particular is desperate for high end O guys.

I think Ty has some incorrect birth dates in there. Someone here said Millon is already 18. Ty said he reclassified in middle school. But he's listed as a March 2004 birthday. That would make him 17 going into his senior year, which is pretty standard. Maybe he's March 2003?

Michigan has done well with the NE private schools. They have Delgado's brother in this year's class and another Brunswick player in the 2022 class. Buckanavage was from Brunswick.

So Ty Xanders comes through with his top 50 2023's after all. Only 16 5-stars, usually he has a bit over 20.

Michigan has done well with the NE private schools. They have Delgado's brother in this year's class and another Brunswick player in the 2022 class. Buckanavage was from Brunswick.

So Ty Xanders comes through with his top 50 2023's after all. Only 16 5-stars, usually he has a bit over 20.
Just goes to show that this is a weak class. The 2022s are much stronger, and early signs are that the 2024s will be a very good group too. I actually think the much maligned 2021s are a little better than advertised as well.

As for Millon and his age, I was one of the people who parroted that and it's more than possible that the person who told me that miscalculated. Either way, even if he was a 2022 he'd be a highly rated recruit (and idk if his younger brother was held back or not, but he's a 2025 and looks even better IMO). Still, I prefer Duffy straight up, and he happens to be a full year younger too. Just more fluid and explosive.

CP22 and Liam Banks putting in the work in the comments.

He's a Rochester area kid (or maybe he was). Does anyone know why he doesnt play for Sweetlax Upstate? I am not sure how they structure that club. I know they have all the satellite teams, but I thought the two primary clubs were Upstate and Florida, and then they combine as "National" for the highest level events?

He's a Rochester area kid (or maybe he was). Does anyone know why he doesnt play for Sweetlax Upstate? I am not sure how they structure that club. I know they have all the satellite teams, but I thought the two primary clubs were Upstate and Florida, and then they combine as "National" for the highest level events?
There is another kid in the class from Victor who plays for the upstate team, his name escapes me. He is also very good, i think the idea was to spread the talent around since only one plays at a time.

I put Wambach committing to Syracuse at less than 10%. I put Maryland as the front runner.

My understanding is that Costanza has been encouraging SweetLaxs top talent to look places other than Syracuse. From what i heard anyhow.

There is another kid in the class from Victor who plays for the upstate team, his name escapes me. He is also very good, i think the idea was to spread the talent around since only one plays at a time.

I put Wambach committing to Syracuse at less than 10%. I put Maryland as the front runner.

My understanding is that Costanza has been encouraging SweetLaxs top talent to look places other than Syracuse. From what i heard anyhow.
So we have an impostor is what you're saying...?
Unknown.jpeg

Wonder if it’s because his brother is no longer on staff.

Weak sauce if that’s the case.

He’s no longer listed as the volunteer assistant on the website. Does he no longer work for Syracuse? That might be why? Shame that he would do that if it’s true. I guess I didn’t know he was officially off the staff.

Good to see Wambach in the building. Syracuse really needs help at the X after Phaup leaves (need help now but I digress). Would be huge to get a player like Wambach on board. Looks like he was at Lehigh yesterday for what it’s worth.

He’s no longer listed as the volunteer assistant on the website. Does he no longer work for Syracuse? That might be why? Shame that he would do that if it’s true. I guess I didn’t know he was officially off the staff.

Good to see Wambach in the building. Syracuse really needs help at the X after Phaup leaves (need help now but I digress). Would be huge to get a player like Wambach on board. Looks like he was at Lehigh yesterday for what it’s worth.
I think CrazyPeople might’ve been referring to Tommy’s brother Dennis who I believe is a Sweetlax coach out of Rochester.