Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

Twitter don't edit.

If you spell something wrong, you have to delete and start over.
Really? Wow! Maybe someday, we'll have the technical expertise to edit posts.

Like Facebook, Instagram, this site, etc. :rolleyes:

Hearing Trey Deere may have visited campus in the last few days. Any confirmation? Believe he was also at Albany, Vermont, and a Big Ten school.

Hearing Trey Deere may have visited campus in the last few days. Any confirmation? Believe he was also at Albany, Vermont, and a Big Ten school.

Certainly possible, lots of visits being complete now, that's why the overall commit numbers are way down from last year.

I expect the weekend to really heat up, no?

I think it all depends on how long these visits take - with most kids in school I have to imagine they have to get visits in on weekends, so it might take a little longer if kids want to see a decent number of schools. I've mentioned before, but Spallina didn't announce till September 16th and that was last year when commits were happening fast and furious. Things might be more spread out this year. Personally I kind of like getting two or three announcements a day.

I think it all depends on how long these visits take - with most kids in school I have to imagine they have to get visits in on weekends, so it might take a little longer if kids want to see a decent number of schools. I've mentioned before, but Spallina didn't announce till September 16th and that was last year when commits were happening fast and furious. Things might be more spread out this year. Personally I kind of like getting two or three announcements a day.
Perhaps some of that is due to Syracuse having 3 commitments. From where, I sit things seem a little dull so far.

Last edited:

Upton should be a 5-star. Not everyday a kid is 6'6'' with hands and finishing ability like John Grant Jr. Guys his size are often awkward handling the ball but he's the total opposite. Some of those goals are truly absurd. A little thin now but when he adds some muscle to that frame (which he will, with a D1 workout regimen) he could be unstoppable. Possibly the highest goal-scoring ceiling in the entire class. Imagine what a 6'6'' dude with those mitts and that awareness could do in the right offense. My goodness.

Upton should be a 5-star. Not everyday a kid is 6'6'' with hands and finishing ability like John Grant Jr. Guys his size are often awkward handling the ball but he's the total opposite. Some of those goals are truly absurd. A little thin now but when he adds some muscle to that frame (which he will, with a D1 workout regimen) he could be unstoppable. Possibly the highest goal-scoring ceiling in the entire class. Imagine what a 6'6'' dude with those mitts and that awareness could do in the right offense. My goodness.
Damn some nice plays in that highlight. Looks like KD out there.

DJ Clark from Lawrenceville/Peterborough ONT committed to Denver. I thought we had a good chance at this kid with our relationship with Posner. Heard this kid is a right-handed Hiltz. I guess we could still poach!

He doesn't really show much of an outside shot in those highlights.

What did I just watch? One of a kind highlight video.

6FE8418C-DC21-446F-914B-40F6363384A6.jpeg

IMO, “Big Tasty” is the best goalie in the class. His older brother Aleric is a R-Jr. at PSU & started their final 2 games last year. It’d be cool to watch 2 brothers go head-to-head in the future.