Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

Pretty quiet start thus far. Obviously Syracuse hasnt picked up a commit yet but neither have any other big schools really. Shaping up to be a little different from last year when the commits flooded in during early September.

Pretty quiet start thus far. Obviously Syracuse hasnt picked up a commit yet but neither have any other big schools really. Shaping up to be a little different from last year when the commits flooded in during early September.

I suspected we would see a decent amount today for the upper level schools, days not over yet but I am a little surprised. Like most things though I suspect once one of the 5 stars commits the flood gates will open a bit and you will have a few days with numerous commits across the board and then another slow down. Schools have a lot of moving parts and with guys getting an extra year and transfers there likely isn't as much $$ to go around as usual. I would expect at least a few dominoes to fall this weekend. Also remember that last year guys couldn't technically visit schools, this year they can which will push back the timeline for a good amount of players.

I suspected we would see a decent amount today for the upper level schools, days not over yet but I am a little surprised. Like most things though I suspect once one of the 5 stars commits the flood gates will open a bit and you will have a few days with numerous commits across the board and then another slow down. Schools have a lot of moving parts and with guys getting an extra year and transfers there likely isn't as much $$ to go around as usual. I would expect at least a few dominoes to fall this weekend. Also remember that last year guys couldn't technically visit schools, this year they can which will push back the timeline for a good amount of players.
I wonder if the storm disrupted some planned visits... down where I am in NJ it's been mayhem.

I wonder if the storm disrupted some planned visits... down where I am in NJ it's been mayhem.
I was thinking the ability to make visits post covid lockdown might be slowing commitments as well. Kids can now visit more campuses and shop around. Last year, if i remember correctly, everything was done on Zoom.

Go on then, Jake!!!

IMG_1737.jpeg

I am a little surprised Eliot Dubick isn't on the 2022 list. I thought he looked pretty good in the final of the Nike tmt scoring 3 goals for DMV. Of course, maybe he didn't play in any UA events.

I am a little surprised Eliot Dubick isn't on the 2022 list. I thought he looked pretty good in the final of the Nike tmt scoring 3 goals for DMV. Of course, maybe he didn't play in any UA events.
Several top players missing from that list. Maybe they get it right when they actually select the final players.

Andrew Greenspan & Leo Hoffman were varsity starters as 8th graders at Scarsdale HS (NY) before re-classing & transferring to Brunswick together. Brunswick’s FO coach is former ‘Cuse star Chris Cercy. Hoffman is a beast. Team 91 kid who appears close to the Spallinas. There’s not a top program that can offer more immediate playing time in the offensive midfield in ‘22 & ‘23 than us. It makes it even more surprising that Dom Petro is apparently not coming.

With the # of high-end defenders we have committed in ‘22, I fully expect our ‘23 class to be focused on offense, specifically middies.