Recruiting 2021-2023 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2021-2023

Bummer, this kid looks impressive.

Judging from his post on Insta, it looks like it was a dream to go to Harvard ever since he was a youngin'. Good on the kid, hope everything works out for him. Owen Duffy, Leo Hoffman, Jack Ponzio, Jack Speidell, Jordan Faison still left on the table from that 91 Bandits squad.

Jeremy, PF, Woody, you guys hearing anymore names or silent verbals…?

Jeremy, PF, Woody, you guys hearing anymore names or silent verbals…?

Not a ton to be honest. Heard about Spallina and that SU was heavily involved with some of the big names but not a ton beyond that. The Victor kid visiting was a pleasant surprise, would like to land him.

Not a ton to be honest. Heard about Spallina and that SU was heavily involved with some of the big names but not a ton beyond that. The Victor kid visiting was a pleasant surprise, would like to land him.
Good looks dude. Thanks.

Tucker Kellogg to 'Cuse. Welcome to the fam, Tucker!
Unknown.jpeg

Just posted this in the Tucker Kellogg thread but figured I’d drop it here:

FWIW, & this is something I’ve been meaning to post on here for a while, I personally put more stock in the NLF rankings/content than Xanders/IL. Both do a good job but I feel that Matt Chandik & Co. attend more events & provide much more detailed write-ups/justification on their rankings than Xanders & Co. at IL. I want to stress that I still read/enjoy/value all of Xanders’/IL’s content. When NLF first came out back in 2018, they only covered & ranked players from the 6 founding club teams on the NLF circuit. 2022 was the first class where they ranked the entire nation’s players, regardless of club affiliation & that really legitimized them.

I’m a glutton for any Lax recruiting content but these Sirius Lacrosse Playground Top 66 rankings that I’ve seen on here with school predictions are hard to take seriously. First off, I’ve perused the site & nowhere does it identify anyone responsible for compiling these rankings. I appreciate the write-ups & really like the idea of pointing out aspects of each player’s game that they could improve, but I get the feeling that it’s all done off of film & the “school predictions” seem to be just random guesses, as the majority of ‘23 verbals from their ranked players so far have gone to schools that weren’t even included in their predictions. I haven’t taken the time to cross-reference them all but someone on FanLax says their track record with ‘23 predictions is pretty poor so far & that’s even with them listing 3-7 schools per prospect. In the last 24 hours, Greenspan (ND), Jackson Greene (Harvard), Kyle Lehman (PSU, where his father played) all verballed to schools that weren’t listed amongst their predictions. James Carroll’s brother plays at G’Town, who aren’t amongst his predictions, & Jack Ponzio visited ‘Cuse despite them not included in his. Just a few examples & food for thought.

Last edited:

FWIW, & this is something I’ve been meaning to post on here for a while, I personally put more stock in the NLF rankings/content than Xanders/IL. Both do a good job but I feel that Matt Chandik & Co. attend more events & provide much more detailed write-ups/justification on their rankings than Xanders & Co. at IL. I want to stress that I still read/enjoy/value all of Xanders’/IL’s content. When NLF first came out back in 2018, they only covered & ranked players from the 6 founding club teams on the NLF circuit. 2022 was the first class where they ranked the entire nation’s players, regardless of club affiliation & that really legitimized them.

I’m a glutton for any Lax recruiting content but these Sirius Lacrosse Playground Top 66 rankings that I’ve seen on here with school predictions are hard to take seriously. First off, I’ve perused the site & nowhere does it identify anyone responsible for compiling these rankings. I appreciate the write-ups & really like the idea of pointing out aspects of each player’s game that they could improve, but I get the feeling that it’s all done off of film & the “school predictions” seem to be just random guesses, as the majority of ‘23 verbals from their ranked players so far have gone to schools that weren’t even included in their predictions. I haven’t taken the time to cross-reference them all but someone on FanLax says their track record with ‘23 predictions is pretty poor so far & that’s even with them listing 3-7 schools per prospect. In the last 24 hours, Greenspan (ND), Jackson Greene (Harvard), Kyle Lehman (PSU, where his father played) all verballed to schools who weren’t listed amongst their predictions. James Carroll’s brother plays at G’Town, who aren’t amongst his predictions, & Jack Ponzio visited ‘Cuse despite them not included in his. Just a few examples & food for thought.

Surely you can't be Sirius?

I am Sirius, and don't call me Shirley.

Surely you can't be Sirius?

I am Sirius, and don't call me Shirley.

I’m a glutton for any Lax recruiting content but these Sirius Lacrosse Playground Top 66 rankings that I’ve seen on here with school predictions are hard to take seriously. First off, I’ve perused the site & nowhere does it identify anyone responsible for compiling these rankings. I appreciate the write-ups & really like the idea of pointing out aspects of each player’s game that they could improve, but I get the feeling that it’s all done off of film & the “school predictions” seem to be just random guesses, as the majority of ‘23 verbals from their ranked players so far have gone to schools that weren’t even included in their predictions. I haven’t taken the time to cross-reference them all but someone on FanLax says their track record with ‘23 predictions is pretty poor so far & that’s even with them listing 3-7 schools per prospect. In the last 24 hours, Greenspan (ND), Jackson Greene (Harvard), Kyle Lehman (PSU, where his father played) all verballed to schools who weren’t listed amongst their predictions. James Carroll’s brother plays at G’Town, who aren’t amongst his predictions, & Jack Ponzio visited ‘Cuse despite them not included in his. Just a few examples & food for thought.
How long have you been meaning to post this….?

“I’ve did my waiting!!!! 12 years of it!!!