Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

Skipped around in the St. Johns game and Rhoa had some naaasty plays. I know it is easy to overhype a freshman recruit, but I would be shocked if he is not competing for starting middie minutes next year. Good size, should be able to take some contact even with the jump to D1, can shoot with both hands, and the footspeed is not a weakness like I thought it might be. The shot itself is insane, both in terms of its speed and the quickness of the release. He showed some creativity and the final goal of the game he had a phenomenal long range skip pass. Very much a middie through and through. Not sure who the comp on our recent teams would be, but trimboli is tempting. With the range on his shot we might be looking at a role similar to Lucas Quinn, who also had a quick release on his long range shot. When he went down this year it was apparent how few long range shooters we had after Curry and Dordevic.

According to the IL recruiting page for Cuse the interested ‘24s include…

At the bottom of the page.

IMO he is one of the best players/athletes (any class) in the MIAA. A Joel White type of athlete. He is on everyone's radar.
So what you’re saying is we need him?

Got it. I’m on it sir.

According to the IL recruiting page for Cuse the interested ‘24s include…

At the bottom of the page.

I would put zero stock into that, just look at who they have listed in the outgoing class, it couldn't be more wrong.

I would put zero stock into that, just look at who they have listed in the outgoing class, it couldn't be more wrong.
I was hoping someone would calm mY nerves. Thanks JC

A couple intriguing prospects that I expect to be in the NLF top 10:

Ryan Duenkel, Attack (St. Johns HS, DC):

My prediction for #1 player in the class started for St. John’s as a Frosh last year & is their best offensive player as a Soph. this year. He’s also been tabbed as the top placekicking prospect in the ‘24 class. A Virginia native, his older brother Justin (‘18) is battling to be UVA’s starting kicker next year &, if he uses his COVID year in ‘22, would graduate the year before Ryan enters college. His father played football at UVA & the rest of his family is insanely athletic/accomplished. He’s got an NFL future & would seem highly likely to attend UVA, if not a football factory on a full ride, but who knows, maybe a combo of playing in a Dome & our recent success at his HS gives us a shot. Maybe his HS asst. coach Antwon Bailey can put in a good word for us lol.

Kyle Colsey, Attack (Ridgefield HS, CT):

The 2nd of Roy’s 3 sons (Chris is a 7th grader) he was Ridgefield’s leading scorer as a frosh last year (he broke Yale frosh Leo Johnson’s league freshman scoring record) alongside his brother Ryan, a Top 50 ‘22 UVA commit. Both are lefties. I have often wondered if Ryan simply picked UVA over us or if us taking Michael Leo as our lefty attack in the ‘22 class first (considering Leo’s relationship with Spallina) forced his hand. On a podcast before the season, Kyle joked that his recruitment would come down to ‘Cuse & UVA. He should be our top priority in ‘24 if there’s any interest, though UVA is probably tough to beat here. I think he could develop into an X attack but he currently operates mostly from the lefty wing with Ryan operating from X. Hiltz would be a Senior in ‘25 if he uses his RS but I wonder if having Leo & Deere as lefties already in the fold may hurt us.

Caden Harshbarger (Lake Mary HS, FL):

Midfield-mate of our recent ‘24 (‘23 doing a PG year) verbal Koby White at both Lake Mary HS & for Sweetlax FL, Harshbarger has been dubbed the most athletic ‘24 by NLF & potentially the best prospect to come out of FL since Jared Bernhardt (also from Lake Mary) by IL. He’s also a potential D1 football prospect & is a viral TikTok star with 200K+ followers. Maryland or UNC would be my random guess.
uva's bringing in by one source the top placekicker in the '22 class. he does have some tight connections as noted, and if the pk doesn't win the job he can now bounce in the portal... but for some reason the 'hoos are top notch kicking recruiters.

uva's bringing in by one source the top placekicker in the '22 class. he does have some tight connections as noted, and if the pk doesn't win the job he can now bounce in the portal... but for some reason the 'hoos are top notch kicking recruiters.
Was told he wants to focus on lacrosse and may be done with football. He is wide open to whoever calls.

Curious to know why Xanders has Mt Sinai listed so low in his High School rankings right now? The Mustangs are 16-0 and only ranked #9 in the country. Seven of the eight teams in front of them have at least one loss (four have two losses and two have three). I don't think they've played the toughest schedule in the country, but they still seemed too talented to be ranked behind that number of teams.

For comparisons sake, US Lacrosse Mag has they ranked number 2 in the country. And they don't just rank them at 2 because they are undefeated, Victor is undefeated as well and only at #10 in the same poll (Xanders did not rank Victor in his poll). Regardless, its nice to see so many recruits committed to Syracuse from the top 2 schools in the country (according to one poll at least) - 4 for Mt Sinai, 3 for St. Johns.

Curious to know why Xanders has Mt Sinai listed so low in his High School rankings right now? The Mustangs are 16-0 and only ranked #9 in the country. Seven of the eight teams in front of them have at least one loss (four have two losses and two have three). I don't think they've played the toughest schedule in the country, but they still seemed too talented to be ranked behind that number of teams.

For comparisons sake, US Lacrosse Mag has they ranked number 2 in the country. And they don't just rank them at 2 because they are undefeated, Victor is undefeated as well and only at #10 in the same poll (Xanders did not rank Victor in his poll). Regardless, its nice to see so many recruits committed to Syracuse from the top 2 schools in the country (according to one poll at least) - 4 for Mt Sinai, 3 for St. Johns.

Because Xander fixated on certain kids/teams. He’s really not that good at what he purports to do.

Ty loves the MIAA teams.

Except IL/Xanders only has one MIAA team above Mt. Sinai and that one team is very likely to drop after losing. I'd probably pick all 7 other teams to beat Sinai if they played head to head. A schedule like Brunswick's is in a completely different stratosphere from Mt. Sinai's. It's like comparing Cuse's schedule to Holy Cross'. #9 in the nation is perfectly reasonable for a team that doesn't play anyone outside of Long Island public schools.

Ty loves the MIAA teams.
He does. He gets to see them week in and week out because he lives in the area. To his credit he treks down to DC to see some games as well. In the past I believe he went up to the island to watch games, but I do not know if he made his way up this year. -As strong Mt. Sinai is they would have their hands full with the top 4-5 teams in the MIAA (McDonogh, Calvert Hall, BL, St. Mary's). The overall depth is pretty remarkable.

Same can be said with the girls teams as well. St. Anthony's played McDonogh again this year and got destroyed . McDonogh finished third in the league behind St. Pauls and Glenelg Country. St. Anthony's is traditionally one of the better girls programs in the state and on the island...

I am a public school guy, so I would like to see 2 polls - Public and private.