Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

5 4-stars and a 5-star. And two under-the-radar kids.

Duke has 3 4-stars and 2 5-stars.

Is Duke looking rough, too?
Ryan will be a 4 star when the full rankings come. Reminds me of someone, won’t say who.

5 4-stars and a 5-star. And two under-the-radar kids.

Duke has 3 4-stars and 2 5-stars.

Is Duke looking rough, too?
I don't put too much stock in 4-stars. Feel like those are given to everyone now (do 3 stars even exist anymore?). A better metric is top 10/ top 50 - those are the guys that people have rigorously evaluated.

And by that metric, the class is underwhelming as of now. The rest of the ACC is getting top 10 guys and 4-6 top 50. SU has 2 top 50. Same issue last year. Long term success requires a steady stream of alpha's every year. The 22 class is awesome, but since then it's been average. That's the issue - consecutive years of average classes can really have an amplifying effect down the road.

I don't put too much stock in 4-stars. Feel like those are given to everyone now (do 3 stars even exist anymore?). A better metric is top 10/ top 50 - those are the guys that people have rigorously evaluated.

And by that metric, the class is underwhelming as of now. The rest of the ACC is getting top 10 guys and 4-6 top 50. SU has 2 top 50. Same issue last year. Long term success requires a steady stream of alpha's every year. The 22 class is awesome, but since then it's been average. That's the issue - consecutive years of average classes can really have an amplifying effect down the road.
Agreed. 2022 is amazing 2023 is good 2024 is ugh

One might want to look back at a previous junior ranking. Here is 2016 top 50 juniors:
Here is 2017

I really don't know how much faith one should put on junior rankings.

Georgetown picks up another:

Chari demonstrates the difference of opinions on recruits. Here he is #118 on nlf, but not a 4-star on IL.

F54DE5C9-CC4C-4D1A-90B5-2D968DFE0EAE.jpeg

There's been a lot of buzz around SU's 2022 class. How important was the previous coaching regime in getting those commitments ? How important was Gary Gait and Dave Pietramala ?

There's been a lot of buzz around SU's 2022 class. How important was the previous coaching regime in getting those commitments ? How important was Gary Gait and Dave Pietramala ?

Desko left in June 2021.

The recruiting class of 2022 couldn't sign their NLI's until November 2021.

Every player had to be re-recruited by Gait and Petro to keep them from flipping.

Desko left in June 2021.

The recruiting class of 2022 couldn't sign their NLI's until November 2021.

Every player had to be re-recruited by Gait and Petro to keep them from flipping.
How much was Desko, Marsh etal involved in the recruiting of Spallina ? Have they been recruiting him since he was a freshman ? How about some of the other 5 stars ?

Thomson & Figueiras (the top ranked D in the class), IL’s #5 & #6 ranked ‘22s respectively, flipped to SU after Gait & Petro took over. They also added 4 star D Jordan Beck, who looks like he’s going to be in the rotation as a Frosh, LSM Jordan Vincent, & of course the transfers.

I believe the only player who left the class after Gait & Petro took over was Zach Friedman, a 3 star D who flipped to Princeton, likely for academics reasons.

I believe the only player who left the class after Gait & Petro took over was Zach Friedman, a 3 star D who flipped to Princeton, likely for academics reasons.
kilrain 4-star from lawrenceville flipped to hop. may have also been for academics

Wandoff also flipped to brown. just remembered

kilrain 4-star from lawrenceville flipped to hop. may have also been for academics

Wandoff also flipped to brown. just remembered
Ah, yes, I forgot about Wandoff from FL. Kilrain is a ‘23.

Thomson & Figueiras (the top ranked D in the class), IL’s #5 & #6 ranked ‘22s respectively, flipped to SU after Gait & Petro took over. They also added 4 star D Jordan Beck, who looks like he’s going to be in the rotation as a Frosh, LSM Jordan Vincent, & of course the transfers.

Thanks trying to piece this together. So where were Thomson & Figueiras committed before the flip to SU ?

I'll ask this question to all. Apparently, there were some commits to flip from SU for academic reasons - Kilrain to Hopkins, Friedman to Princeton.

Are SU academic standards higher than Johns Hopkins and Princeton ?

I'll ask this question to all. Apparently, there were some commits to flip from SU for academic reasons - Kilrain to Hopkins, Friedman to Princeton.

Stop trolling

Stop trolling
Excuse me Mr NazLax30. ? I am not a troller. Been a fan of all SU sports for 50 years. Can you answer my question - Are SU academic standards higher than Johns Hopkins and Princeton ?

And "So where were Thomson & Figueiras committed before the flip to SU ?"

Where did you hear they flipped for academic reasons?

And unless I was going for my MPA or a TVR degree, do you really have to ask the question about academic prowess between SU and an Ivy League school? And Hop ain't no slouch either...

Excuse me Mr NazLax30. ? I am not a troller. Been a fan of all SU sports for 50 years. Can you answer my question - Are SU academic standards higher than Johns Hopkins and Princeton ?

And "So where were Thomson & Figueiras committed before the flip to SU ?"
You are. But I’ll answer.

Syracuse doesn’t come close to Hopkins or Princeton academically. They are both better schools and harder to get into. The kids who flipped to those schools flipped because of the better academic opportunities.