Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

I'll ask this question to all. Apparently, there were some commits to flip from SU for academic reasons - Kilrain to Hopkins, Friedman to Princeton.

Are SU academic standards higher than Johns Hopkins and Princeton ?
As a faculty member at SU, I can say as a general rule, at the undergrad level, both JHU and Princeton are more difficult to get into academically. Both JHU and Princeton have much smaller incoming classes and more legacy applicants limiting the number of open seats, so they can be and subsequently are more selective. Having said this, certain programs at SU are equally or are more selective, for example programs in Architecture, Maxwell and Newhouse are very difficult to get into. At the Grad level all bets are off. Many of our grad programs are highly rated and very difficult to get into.

Having colaborated with faculty at dozens of universities, I can say that the faculty at SU are as good or better. So while some other universities may be more selective it doesn't necessarily mean a better education. Be careful to not sell SU short, we offer a quality education and work really hard to help students get great jobs after graduation

As a faculty member at SU, I can say as a general rule, at the undergrad level, both JHU and Princeton are more difficult to get into academically. Both JHU and Princeton have much smaller incoming classes and more legacy applicants limiting the number of open seats, so they can be and subsequently are more selective. Having said this, certain programs at SU are equally or are more selective, for example programs in Architecture, Maxwell and Newhouse are very difficult to get into. At the Grad level all bets are off. Many of our grad programs are highly rated and very difficult to get into.

Having colaborated with faculty at dozens of universities, I can say that the faculty at SU are as good or better. So while some other universities may be more selective it doesn't necessarily mean a better education. Be careful to not sell SU short, we offer a quality education and work really hard to help students get great jobs after graduation
This may be true, but schools like Princeton and JHU meet full financial aid. Meaning, if a family qualifies, tuition is fully covered. Syracuse is $80k+. If a family doesnt meet financial aid, and have to pay a big bill, a name like Princeton or Hopkins on a degree often makes people feel better about paying that kinda loot.

Thanks trying to piece this together. So where were Thomson & Figueiras committed before the flip to SU ?
Thomson flipped from Michigan
Figueiras flipped from Rutgers

13 4-stars left on Inside Lacrosse's list:

Ryan Bullock M Deerfield
Andrew Croddick M Rumson-Fair Haven NJ
Henry Hasselbeck M Belmont MA
Andrew Hicks A Trinity-Pawling NY
Owen Horning A Georgetown Prep MD
Jacob Keller M St.Michael's, ON
Kevin Miller A Landon MD
Kyle Murray Smith M Kimball Union NH
Owen O'Farrell A Moses Brown RI
Chris Rathwell M Centre Wellington ON
Luke Robinson M Christchurch VA
Alexander Sotirhos M Deerfield MA
Sam Whitehurst A Deerfield MA

3 players from Deerfield. 2 nice attackman from the D.C. area: Kevin Miller and Owen Horning.
I had sort of thought Owen Horning would follow his next older brother, Larry, to Georgetown, but not as yet. Horning is not a big guy, listed at 5'9", but is quick and has a nice left handed shot:

I read that TJ Conley scored 6 touchdowns last night for FM in their sectional playoff game. Looked into him a bit and found he committed to Rutgers class 2023 for lacrosse. I searched this site and only found him showing up in the Football recruiting threads.

Any reason why he was not mentioned here in the Lacrosse recruiting threads ?

I read that TJ Conley scored 6 touchdowns last night for FM in their sectional playoff game. Looked into him a bit and found he committed to Rutgers class 2023 for lacrosse. I searched this site and only found him showing up in the Football recruiting threads.

You don't score TDs in lacrosse?
He isn't a 4-star recruit on Inside Lacrosse.

You don't score TDs in lacrosse?
He isn't a 4-star recruit on Inside Lacrosse.
This kid was local so I'm surprised the lacrosse folks here did not have a thread on him.

Was he offered by any other D1 Lacrosse schools ?

Was never offered by SU for lax

Thanks for the reply.

Are there any CNY/NNY/UNY/WNY kids offered in the 2023 or 2024 classes ?

Attachments

• 96E6134D-CB56-41AD-A7E3-CEDC436AB95B.png
    96E6134D-CB56-41AD-A7E3-CEDC436AB95B.png
    523 KB · Views: 172
It seems a little surprising that there haven't been a few flips as we head towards 2023 signing day.

The start of the fall signing period for 2023s is on November 9th

Last edited:
Horning is a nice lefty attackman. I was sort of hoping, he would come to Maryland, but perhaps as expected he followed his brother to Georgetown.